Champions League Final 2011 Build up thread

anelka

Guest Portuguese

Just watched highlights of 2009 Final Barca played well but its a myth that they totally outplayed Man Utd also Iniesta wasn't match fit and still gave a MOM performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-abLMRABIk&feature=

Guest Portuguese

Pep Guardiola addresses the media in Barcelona ahead of the Champions League final. Photograph: Manu Fernandez/APPep Guardiola could be tempted to leave Barcelona after the Champions League final against Manchester United at Wembley whether they win or lose, the club's former player and coach Johan Cruyff has said.Guardiola has won nine trophies in three seasons since he took charge at Camp Nou, including three consecutive La Liga titles, and could claim his second European Cup as coach on Saturday."Guardiola has worked very hard over the last few years and it wouldn't surprise me if he left independently of Saturday's result," Cruyff told Gazzetta dello Sport. "If he left, it would only be because it is very difficult to withstand certain pressures in the long term. For this reason I think he would take a year off."When asked who he thought would be the ideal replacement should Guardiola step aside, Cruyff, who managed Barcelona when they won the European Cup at Wembley in 1992, suggested the former Dutch forward Marco van Basten.

Guest Portuguese
:D :D :D Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola believes that his side would have to play better than they did two years ago to win the Champions League final against Manchester United at Wembley on Saturday evening.The Spanish and the English champions took on each other in the final of Europe’s premier club competition in 2009 in Rome. On that occasion, Barca ran out comfortable 2-0 winners, courtesy of goals from Samuel Eto’o and Lionel Messi.This time Guardiola’s side are said to be the favourites and are expected to win in London, but the coach believes that they have to step up their game."It's very strange to say that and I'm happy to have won, but let's be honest, we have to play much better than in 2009 to win,” said Guardiola on Friday. "We have to play much quicker. In terms of intensity and a few other things, they weren't quite as good as we would have liked."That is something I have told my players repeatedly over the last few days. If the players who played in Rome played like that now we wouldn't win.”The 40-year-old then hailed Sir Alex’s players and said: "I am worried about everything about Manchester United. They have fantastic, powerful players and are as good as we are."This not yesterday's team. This is an historic team. They have been through everything and we know how they do things. They are one of the complete teams I have seen in all senses. That is why we have to play a great game."However, Guardiola retains faith in his players to continue with their impressive 2010-11 campaign in which they won the Primera Division in Spain for the third successive year and also reached the Copa del Rey final."Strong points? They [Man United] have a lot of them, but weak points? Well they have a lot of them too,” said the Catalan. “We have to use what we have got as well as we can. We are ready. We are in the right mood. There were a few things I wasn't so keen on in training, but what I've seen generally says we are ready to meet the challenge. "If we play as we have over the last year and give everything I believe that will be enough."Some reports in Spain suggest that Guardiola is contemplating leaving Barcelona, but the coach refused to be drawn in speculation over his future."No, today is not a day to talk about this [my future],” he said. “This is a show and we have

also watching the game again, some people complete assanation of Carrick is and was unjust, as his performance or "lack off" was due to ineptness of the system Anderson also had a decent game, till he came off, Barca are beatable we have to score 1st

I can Rafael getting sent off tonight if we starts.O'Shea hasn't got the agility required tonight but Rafael hasn't got any composure against the sort of players he'll be up against tonight. Guy will just go through someone in the first 5 minutes and be jamming with a yellow card for most of the game.You know in these European games them premiership tackles are not welcome.Suppose you can be safe in the knowledge that Messi still hasn't scored on English soil :lol:Still see a Barca victory, not that straight forward though.

Manchester United ace Wayne Rooney admits he was left in awe by Barcelona's demolition of Real Madrid earlier this season.Striker Rooney will go up against the Catalan giants with United in the UEFA Champions League final at Wembley on Saturday night knowing what they are capable of after watching their progress this season.The 25-year-old is aware of what it feels like to be on the end of a Barca defeat having lost the final of the same tournament to Pep Guardiola's side in Rome in 2009.But Rooney insists that loss was nothing compared to their 5-0 thrashing of fierce rivals Real in November last year.He said: "I was watching in my living room and I actually stood up and applauded what I was seeing."(My wife) Coleen walked in and asked what I was doing! But it was the best performance I've ever seen. It was unbelievable."I don't think it was quite that bad when we lost 2-0 to Barcelona in the Champions League final two years ago in Rome."But if you looked at the faces of the Real players that night, they were shell-shocked and didn't know what to do."Sometimes you say nothing because, after games you have lost convincingly, you don't want to speak to anyone."The way Barca played, it was so difficult for Real's attacking players to get the ball or any possession."Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes is equally wary of the threat Rooney will pose during Saturday's showdown.The 29-year-old played in the 2009 final when Barca emerged 2-0 victors, but he feels the England international has come on leaps and bounds since then.And he rates him as even more dangerous than former United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo, telling The Sun: "Rooney commands respect. He is one of the best strikers in the world."His position has changed and I think he is now more dangerous than when Cristiano played."
:D :D

Guest Awesome Kong

Vidic is the key to beating barca. He is sly with getting away with fouls and cheating. I want him to break Busquest leg though, I will cheer him on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1