FAO Christians

Mr. Gayle

There really is nothing more pathetic than hordes of black people congregating in churches every Sunday to pray to a god they only know "exists" because a white man with a bible showed up in their country of origin with a goal to make them subservient to slavery and oppression.

at the same time this is true i believe

• Upvote 1

i dunno why people think becuase everything thing isnt perfect in the world or becuase innocent people die there isnt a god

are u really that stupid

Well if there is a God then he's a straight up prick

Do you understand the significance of the story of Eden?

There really is nothing more pathetic than hordes of black people congregating in churches every Sunday to pray to a god they only know "exists" because a white man with a bible showed up in their country of origin with a goal to make them subservient to slavery and oppression.

at the same time this is true i believe

Agreed. However it can be seen as a blessing in disguise.

i dunno why people think becuase everything thing isnt perfect in the world or becuase innocent people die there isnt a god

are u really that stupid

Well if there is a God then he's a straight up prick

Do you understand the significance of the story of Eden?

bertie boy dnt waste ure time mate

What nonsense! You cannot disprove the existence of God, so why do you come with this bullshit polemic. How can you be so certain that none of it is true? Your atheistic posturing is a kind of faith

You see the reason you don't believe in all those other religions?

That's the reason I don't believe in yours.

While it remains a discussion there's no need to lock

There really isnt a discussion tbh, thread creator came in and said : "lol this is still going on?". evidence of a page number seeker not really concerned about the topic really. In 2 months or so, another thread will pop up with the same kind of questions from someone else reading and posting in this thread.

What nonsense! You cannot disprove the existence of God, so why do you come with this bullshit polemic. How can you be so certain that none of it is true? Your atheistic posturing is a kind of faith

Them cop outs there

Them cop outs there

How is it a cop out?

One thing that always gets me, is when trying to argue the existence of gods, Christians always seem to explain things assuming he exists, its ridiculous

/

What most people have forgotten is that if God decided to take all their strength right now, you would die

/

Adam and Eve were chimps

/

Jesus was making that paper

Isn't it funny that although Charles Darwin was not skeptical of religion at first, after his repeated contacts with natives (while sailing the world), studying their cultures, collecting artifacts, and taking part in their spiritist trances, he became obsessed with a new sense of purpose for his life: to find evidence to disprove the existence of God. He was also initiated into witchcraft in South America by nationals. Now par-taking in spiritist trances doesn't ring a bell nah? Or witchcraft? Medling with spirits is the devils playground... so if you want to believe in the evolution theory well done and congrats, because it is through his contact with spirits that gave him this so called revelation to disprove God.

Not to mention the fact that Darwin stole his theory of “natural selection, based on survival of the fittest,” from Alfred Russell Wallace, who devised the theory after becoming a spiritist while living with natives during a naturalist trip to the interior of Southeast Asia.

If you firmly believe you evolved from a monkey iLaugh at you.

I don't understand why Atheist laugh at people for believing in a supreme being, and wanting to use logic for everything :/

Where's the logic in paedophilia? Or homosexuality... can you explain these things? No. But you need physically evidence of a God?

Mock me all you want for having the beliefs that I do... it is not me you will be facing on the day of judgement still.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Rhian I'm not going to lie you started strong and were making a good point, until this.

wanting to use logic for everything :/

Followed shortly by this.

Where's the logic in paedophilia?

Loool yeah read that bk and it sounds kinda dodge as an example but still... you can't explain why a man or woman would want to abuse a child sexually all you can come up with is the person is sick. No logical explanation... not everything has a logical explanation

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Well to be fair a lot of that has to do with society - of course some children who are molested are of an extremely young age, but it's worth baring in mind that the wife of the Prophet Muhammad, Aisha, was 9 at the time of their marriage, Mary, at the time of Jesus birth, has commonly been cited as 13 - the age of consent during ancient societies was something that did not really exist, therefore there were no social taboo's about young children - Girls would be 'given' as a wife by their Father, often at very young ages, and they would often have babies as soon as they were physically able.

Of course, 9, while still very young, may not constitute the typical age of a victim of Child Molestation, but if a man can wed and / or be attracted to a girl that young, it stands to reason that perhaps a few years younger would not make much difference.

Of course I do not agree with that, but if men could be attracted to a girl that young, hundreds of years ago, it seems plausible that it can happen today, and that is society, not morality that stops this.

Which actually, raises another interesting question about morality.

Anyway, as much as people would like to believe otherwise, I don't think the issue of God and 'logic' are completely separate.

Isn't it funny that although Charles Darwin was not skeptical of religion at first, after his repeated contacts with natives (while sailing the world), studying their cultures, collecting artifacts, and taking part in their spiritist trances, he became obsessed with a new sense of purpose for his life: to find evidence to disprove the existence of God. He was also initiated into witchcraft in South America by nationals. Now par-taking in spiritist trances doesn't ring a bell nah? Or witchcraft? Medling with spirits is the devils playground... so if you want to believe in the evolution theory well done and congrats, because it is through his contact with spirits that gave him this so called revelation to disprove God.

Not to mention the fact that Darwin stole his theory of “natural selection, based on survival of the fittest,” from Alfred Russell Wallace, who devised the theory after becoming a spiritist while living with natives during a naturalist trip to the interior of Southeast Asia.

I don't understand why Atheist laugh at people for believing in a supreme being, and wanting to use logic for everything :/

Where's the logic in paedophilia? Or homosexuality... can you explain these things? No. But you need physically evidence of a God?

Mock me all you want for having the beliefs that I do... it is not me you will be facing on the day of judgement still.

:huh:

gassing the ting.

Longtime Soca :D

anyway

I actually laughed out loud.

That's not true at all, they came to a similar conclusion in different ways, Darwin had written a loose essay on the subject a decade before that, Wallace forced Darwins hand to finally write what he had been thinking for all those years.

It's clear Darwin didn't steal anything from Wallace because their views differed so much.

I often hear religious people say this and they are totally off the mark, that isn't what anybody believes.

Because logic is an integral part of being a human being and what got us to this point in our existence.

We are the only species of "man" left on this planet and that is because we were able to use logic better than any of them.

Logic is what affords us all the life we have today, you wouldn't like life without the items you own/use developed by logic.

Fighting Weight covered possible issues with paedophilia, there is also alot of evidence to suggest that it is to do with power due to many abused becoming abusers, regarding homosexuality there is a strong case for hormonal imbalance.

You are implying that our knowledge of these things are the same as they are for the existence of a supreme being, which they are not.

Another crude tactic used by the religious.

You have no proof there is a judgement day and you will be facing anything but worms upon your death.