Game Of Thrones

mp*

I've never been that in to LOTR but it definitely has mass appeal, its one of the most successful film franchises ever.

Exactly.

Wether you personally like it or not is beside the point. Fact is it was and still is huge (2 more Hobbit films coming out).

Guys are talking like it was a failure lolsmh.

Never watched LOTRs. Don't think it'd be my type of thing.

Same reason I didn't look into GoT sooner. But there's a lot less of that magic fantasy shit in this, and the bits that are in it I don't really enjoy anyway (that devil woman's storyline).

...Don't mind the dragons.

never watched LOTR or the hobbit, maybe i should.

I've never been that in to LOTR but it definitely has mass appeal, its one of the most successful film franchises ever.

Exactly.

Wether you personally like it or not is beside the point. Fact is it was and still is huge (2 more Hobbit films coming out).

Guys are talking like it was a failure lolsmh.

fam no one is saying that

just saying game of thrones appeals to people who wouldn't normally like fantasy genres

Yeah let's use VIP2 as a benchmark for fantasy books/films crossing over into the mainstream...

Instead of the facts about LOTR: Second bestselling novel of all time, likewise films with a $280m dollar budget, getting one of the finest producers in Peter Jackson to produce the films, not to mention the multiple games released, blah blah blah.

But yeah, all of that was just for the geeks who are into fantasy.

Come on g, I'm not gonna spell it out for you again.

• Upvote 1