Ever Been Ashamed Of Your Skin Colour/Ethnicity?

Mame Biram Diouf

Certain time growing up I was embarrassed to say I was part Jamaican still.Just the PR Jamaicans push out, Green wigs, Yardies lol and the general lack of decorum alot of Jamaicans have.
RahI'm so proud to be Jamaican it's ridiculous.The influence we've had on certain things worldwide is crazy for such a small nation
  • Upvote 1

Certain time growing up I was embarrassed to say I was part Jamaican still.Just the PR Jamaicans push out, Green wigs, Yardies lol and the general lack of decorum alot of Jamaicans have.
RahI'm so proud to be Jamaican it's ridiculous.The influence we've had on certain things worldwide is crazy for such a small nation
trusthow can you be embarrassed?im embarrassed for you

Probably the only blackey in his village and whites greet him by saying Yo mon.
  • Downvote 1

Of course, that's undeniable.But certain things like the militancy towards homosexuals make Jamaicans look like idiots worldwide.
  • Upvote 2

I grew up in NW London saying that I have never claimed to be anything else.I remember a time in primary school alot of the African kids would say they were Jamaican, alot of Caribbean kids from different Islands would say they were Jamaican aswell which was baffling.I said it in here a few weeks back I've met more than 1 Indian girl begging part Jamaican/coolie too.It's more common than people think.

I grew up in NW London saying that I have never claimed to be anything else.I remember a time in primary school alot of the African kids would say they were Jamaican, alot of Caribbean kids from different Islands would say they were Jamaican aswell which was baffling.I said it in here a few weeks back I've met more than 1 Indian girl begging part Jamaican/coolie too.It's more common than people think.
Do you have a slight Jamaican/ethnic accent?

Read above, there are many things synonymous with Jamaicans that are not so positive, if you can't see that then save the embarrassment for yourself.
it really doesnt make a difference to me whether theres a few loud jamaicans, with colourful wigs or a few jamaicans who lament about bunnin battymendoesn't make me embarrased or ashamed, they are just people, i love them said waysame way i wouldnt understand an English Man being ashamed of calling himself English because of the actions of some 'yobs' or so called 'chavs'your heritage is your heritage, if a few elements which u consider to be negative make you embarrased/ashamed of coming where u come from, that is sad times for youyou're different anyway, u use terms like wog socket and justify the use of terms like Monkey

Read above, there are many things synonymous with Jamaicans that are not so positive, if you can't see that then save the embarrassment for yourself.
That's the same for all nations, colours and creeds though.Edit: Smads already broke it down

it really doesnt make a difference to me whether theres a few loud jamaicans, with colourful wigs or a few jamaicans who lament about bunnin battymendoesn't make me embarrased or ashamed, they are just people, i love them said way
You may love them, for all I know you have people in your family like this, it's quite probable in fact.But I have certain views and it doesn't give me cause to love them.
your heritage is your heritage, if a few elements which u consider to be negative make you embarrased/ashamed of coming where u come from, that is sad times for youyou're different anyway, u use terms like wog socket and justify the use of terms like Monkey
It isn't sad times for me at all, that is just your opinion, nothing else.I don't see how homosexuality being illegal in 2011 is a small thing, it isn't, your views obviously don't make you think it is a big deal, but that is where we differ.I use terms like wog socket and?I have a strong opinion on such people and use the word in jest to express my derision.Same with the word monkey, if anatomically modern humans cannot behave in a civilised fashion, after all that is part of what defines us as human, then why should they be called human?If I'm different then so be it, that I am proud of.

ethnic accentsounds like some sort of BNP lingo 'sir can you remember anything about your attacker?''yer he had one of them ethnic accents'
THE GUY IS NOT BLACK ITS BAITWHA BLACK PERSN SAYS 'ETHNIC ACCENT' :D
Stop following me around every thread brah your presence means nothing on these forums, begone.