Flossin thread

LevelLouie

• 3 months later...

why-58x38-06-opened-roof.jpg

Monaco based Wally is amongst the top producers of naval vessels in the world. While Wally vessels are very photogénique, the pictures rarely do the real thing justice. You really have to see one in real life to see what the fuzz is all about.

image_03.jpg

Currently best know for their spectacular millennium-award-winning Wallypower 118 that might be about to change.

Hermes-Wally-WHY.jpg

In 2009 Wally announced a joint venture with legendary French fashion house Hermès called WHY (Wally Hermès Yacht). Hermès was involved in every step of the process, from concept to realization. The common value and complementary expertise of the two brands are sure to deliver an outstanding product.

image_07.jpg

As you can see from the pictures the WHY is enormous, it’s bigger than most mansions. Really, it is all about substantiating a dream. The CEO of Wally, Luca Bassani says it to be: “A new and unique way to live on the sea while caring about it”. The hull, which was tested in a secret facility in Gothenburg, Sweden, measures 58 x 38 meter and is driven by a diesel electrical engine. A surface of the photovoltaic panels, which measure approximately 900 square meters, provides a large portion of the power needed to subsist the boat.

why14.jpg

The WHY addresses the very real problem of consumption; it is efficient enough to cross the Atlantic four times without refueling. All the components required to produce a WHY are chosen with environment in mind, from the water resistant buffalo leather to the beautiful teak deck.

why-interiors_owner_vue01.jpg

The teak deck that surrounds the vessel serves as a coastal-path-inspired jogging track and in the forward end there’s a 25-meter long swimming pool.

The construction of the hull allows for the boat to create a totally flat surface of calm water behind it, like an Olympic size pool, where you can swim in total peace.

The roof opens like Venetian blinds and has been designed to flood the interior in natural light.

As of yet, not order has been placed on the WHY, still Wally has created a WHY-team because of the interest the market has shown.

fack

• Upvote 2

I need to get my Billions up.

What can I do to help me along with this that doesn't include sport or entertainment or slavery?

I could focus my efforts into a perpetual motion device but I'm pretty sure the government kills anyone that even talks about that. Maybe harnessing anti-matter is the way forward? Either way, I think the riches are gonna be in resources.

• 4 months later...
Will this be London's most extravagant property? Tycoon buys seven Regent's Park houses to create £200m 'supermansion' complete with underground leisure complex
  • Marcus Cooper, 46, purchases houses all in a row facing park in London
  • Plans to knock down walls to combine them into single 'supermansion'
  • Home will become London's largest residence after Buckingham Palace
  • Seven-storey pad will have 35 bathrooms, 15 bedrooms and roof garden

By Sam Greenhill

PUBLISHED: 18:22, 16 June 2013 | UPDATED: 07:45, 17 June 2013

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
258 shares

View

comments

Buying two houses and knocking them through has long been a simple way to acquire a bigger home.

But one tycoon is taking the concept a little further after purchasing seven houses in a row facing Regent’s Park in London.

Marcus Cooper plans to knock down a few walls in the Grade I listed Regency houses to combine them into a single stuccoed ‘super-mansion’.

article-2342678-1A5A882A000005DC-697_634

The resulting home will be more akin to a palace, and indeed will claim the title of London's largest residence after Buckingham Palace.

With an estimated £200million asking price, it will be one of the most expensive properties in Britain.

It will have 35 bathrooms alone, making it most unlikely there will ever be arguments about vain teenagers hogging the bathroom.

The seven-storey pad will have 15 bedrooms including a sumptuous master suite complete with an enormous dressing room and spacious 'his and hers' bathrooms.

article-2342678-1A599F68000005DC-645_634

In a row: The seven Regency houses - including Numbers 1 and 2 Chester Gate (pictured) and Numbers 6 to 10 Cambridge Terrace - are Grade I listed and were designed by John Nash - the architect of Buckingham Palace

On the top floor of the house is the pièce de résistance - a lush private roof garden, completely invisible from street level.

It will feature a giant sliding glass roof to allow sunbathing in hot weather, and keep out the rain during the rest of the year.

The 'hanging gardens of Camden' will be 40ft long, bigger than most ground-level gardens in the capital.

Then there is 472-acre Regent's Park itself, literally a stone's throw away.

As if all this were not enough, the property is also going to be extended - underground.

With land in Central London like gold dust, the subterranean extension will create a leisure complex with a swimming pool, jacuzzi, pool bar and cinema.

article-2342678-1A599F8A000005DC-592_634

Also involved: The resulting home - which includes Numbers 6 to 10 Cambridge Terrace (pictured) will be more akin to a palace, and indeed will claim the title of London's largest residence after Buckingham Palace

The property will have 50,000 sq ft of living space. And, in the manner of a grand stately home, it will boast a grand spiral staircase, a banqueting room, a billiards room, a library, children's rooms and a smoking room.

The seven Regency houses - Numbers 6 to 10 Cambridge Terrace and Numbers 1 and 2 Chester Gate - are Grade I listed and were designed by John Nash - the architect of Buckingham Palace.

article-2342678-1A59A72C000005DC-368_306

Developer: Marcus Cooper, 46, has spent the past 20 years buying some of the capital's finest homes

In recent years, they have been used as cramped office space, and the local authority has granted planning permission to restore them to residential use.

Camden Council rejected objections from local conservationists who wanted the houses to be several individual homes rather than a single dwelling, but English Heritage has backed the project.

Property mogul Marcus Cooper paid £23.7million in 2007 to buy the seven houses from the Crown Estate.

Developer Mr Cooper, 46, has spent the past 20 years buying some of the capital's finest homes. In April, he sold three terraces nearby for £120million to the Qatari royal family.

This latest project is the biggest so far, and will take nearly three years to complete.

Experts expect the vast home to be purchased by an oligarch from Russia or a Middle Eastern royal family.

If it is sold for £200million, that is 1,229 times more expensive than the UK average house price of £162,606.

At that asking price, the buyer will face a £14million bill for stamp duty.

Despite the shaky economic recovery, 2012 was a record year for sales in London worth more than £5million, according to research by estate agent Savills.

Another Nash property, 18 Carlton House Terrace, was recently put on the market for £250million, making it the UK's most expensive home if it reaches its asking price.

4429422_267894_flossing.jpg