RVP Contract Situation

gemma

Liverpool are fifth, dunno why they was put on their ahead of Spurs, probably cos they was doing Champions League teams.

think thats just the top 5 in the league,

because i know villa and liverpools wage bill was more than ours

i went on the polish website just to make sure it was true

he says (google translate)

Polish Times

Arsenal is your second home?

Yes. We have friends in London, friends, and not just the seniors, but also in the youth team. I can not imagine a situation where I leave the club only for the money. Do not declare that life I play at Arsenal, but if I go, either I have a very important reason, or I'll get to Barcelona.

There's no "lol" at the end of the sentence so I'm gonna have to assume he's being serious :S

• Upvote 1

i went on the polish website just to make sure it was true

he says (google translate)

Polish Times

Arsenal is your second home?

Yes. We have friends in London, friends, and not just the seniors, but also in the youth team. I can not imagine a situation where I leave the club only for the money. Do not declare that life I play at Arsenal, but if I go, either I have a very important reason, or I'll get to Barcelona.

There's no "lol" at the end of the sentence so I'm gonna have to assume he's being serious :S

:lol:

Wojciech Szczesny has taken to Twitter to set the record straight following misleading stories in the media on Tuesday.

According to reports the Polish goalkeeper said he deserved to be the Arsenal captain. Szczesny was also linked with a move to Barcelona while questions have been raised over his withdrawal from the Poland national squad with a back injury.

The 21-year-old used his Twitter feed to respond.

"I got annoyed with a few things about myself in the media recently so I'm gonna set the record straight," he began.

"I never said I deserve the Arsenal armband. I said that I would love to one day take the responsibility of being an Arsenal skipper. RVP [Robin van Persie] is doing a great job as a skipper and he fully deserves the armband."

Szczesny added: "I am injured and had to be pulled out of Polish national team. I hope to recover as soon as possible."

And he mocked the speculation linking him with a move away from Arsenal: "Please continue the 'Szczesny to Barcelona' rumours. Makes me laugh every time I read it!"

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/szczesny-i-never-said-i-deserved-captaincy

Robin van Persie has hinted that he could move to a rival Premier League side when his Arsenal contract expires at the end of next season.

After the departures of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri over the summer, and a horrendous start to the season, fears are growing at the Emirates Stadium that their captain may look for pastures new, with the forward refusing to talk about a new deal until the end of this campaign.

“I do not know what I will do - I cannot predict the future,” Van Persie told The Times.

“Everybody makes his own history and only afterwards can you see how that went.”

Having seen former team-mates Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri move to rivals Manchester City in the summer, the Dutchman refused to rule out joining them at the Etihad Stadium.

“I do not know,” he said, “for one thing, as an indication, when I came to Arsenal we immediately beat City. But in recent years much has happened in England.

“Nevertheless, I think the Premiership is still the best league in the world, it gives me everything I want.”

The Gunners captain refused to be drawn into criticism of Arsene Wenger’s transfer policy, with many questioning his failure to secure adequate replacements for departed players earlier in the summer.

“I’m not a technical director and coach, I have no input in to it,” the forward insisted.

Young midfielder Francis Coquelin, meanwhile, puts the Gunners’ slump down to not having had time for new signings to gel.

“We have not yet synced with the new ones, so it’s difficult,” the 20-year-old reasoned.

“We cannot lose two or three of the best players and get away unscathed.

“There is a lack of confidence but there are still a lot of games. Everyone is talking about the 8-2 defeat against Manchester United but we moved on.”

Ominous