RVP Contract Situation

gemma

I'd rather see this than him moving to man city tbh

Roberto Carlos, joint manager of Anzhi Makhachkala, claims his big-spending Russian club are considering a move for Arsenal's Robin van Persie.

Brazilian Carlos also named Chelsea's Nicolas Anelka and Santos' Neymar amongst his employers' targets.

"We want to make a club the calibre of Real Madrid or Barcelona," Carlos told French TV show Canal Football Club.

Anzhi bought striker Samuel Eto'o from Inter Milan in August on wages estimated to amount to £8.7m per year.

Chelsea wing-back Yuri Zhirkov and PSV Eindhoven winger Balazs Dzsudzsak have also headed East in lucrative moves.

Former Brazil left-back Carlos, 38, was the first big arrival at the Dagestan club when he joined as a player in February and was made joint caretaker manager after head coach Gadzhi Gadzhiyev was dismissed in September.

The 2002 World Cup winner believes that the club's billionaire owner Suleyman Kerimov will continue to aggressively pursue the game's top stars.

"Anelka is not the only player," Carlos added when asked about possible moves.

"Nene from PSG and Van Persie from Arsenal are players we are following. And Neymar? I talked to him.

"If Real, Barca or Manchester United cannot pay the transfer fee, we will pay it. Suleyman Kerimov can offer what he wants."

Van Persie, who scored his 100th Arsenal goal in the 3-0 win against Bolton on 24 September, has yet to open talks on an extension to his current contract at the Emirates Stadium which expires on June 2013.

Anzhi, whose players live and train in Moscow for security reasons and travel 1,250 miles to Makhachkala for home games, lie eighth in the Russian Premier League.

Can't see Van Persie moving solely Money and Wenger/the board ain't that type of people to say fuck what you want i'm selling you to the highest bidder.

yeah he wants money and trophies, otherwise he would be happy to resign

i can bet you that arsene will let robin leave on a free, and then will maybe be pushed to sell at the last minute ala nasri

If you don't come 4th and don't win anything he's as good as gone. He's in the prime of his career and ain't that youngster that you can ask to stay one more year. You can't even convince him to stay by giving him the armband as you had to do that this year! I see RVP a bit like cesc and won't take the piss and move to a rival in the same league so probs move to a big club abroad.

Robin van Persie will be offered an unprecedented contract for an Arsenal player approaching his 30s as the north London club fight to keep their No 1 striker.

The 28-year-old Holland star’s long-term future is in doubt after he admitted he does not want to discuss a new contract until the end of the season. But Arsenal are willing to break their stringent pay structure to ensure they do not lose another star name.

Van Persie’s deal expires in 2013 and Arsenal want to tie him to a new one before next summer. The club lost Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy this year after the pair failed to agree deals and they are desperate to avoid a similar scenario with their skipper.

Van Persie earns £70,000 per week but club sources have indicated to Sportsmail that he will be offered a ‘significant’ pay increase to stay. Nasri rejected a £90,000-per-week offer to join Manchester City - and Arsenal could offer Van Persie a similar package.

He can also expect a four-year contract, something that goes against the club’s approach to contracts for players heading into their 30s.

In recent years, the Gunners only offered players aged 30 or more 12-month deals. However, manager Arsene Wenger broke that trend by handing defender Sebastian Squillaci, who was 30 at the time, a three-year deal upon his arrival from Sevilla and Mikel Arteta signed a four-year contract, despite the fact he turns 30 in March, when he signed from Everton.

Speaking last week, chief executive Ivan Gazidis hinted the club are willing to take a more lenient view on their pay structure to keep their best players.

He said: ‘We don’t have a salary ceiling, we have a sophisticated business model that looks at what we need to do to compete today, what we need to do to compete next year and in five years. And I am comfortable we will be able to compete in whatever environment is created.’

Arsenal are keen to keep Van Persie to show fans they are not more interested in financial reports than trophies. But mega-rich Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala, who are also keen on Chelsea’s Nicolas Anelka, have revealed their interest in Van Persie, while Manchester City are monitoring his contract talks.

Robin van Persie has reiterated his commitment to Arsenal Football Club.

There has been speculation over the captain's future in recent weeks as Van Persie enters the final two years of his current contract. But the Dutch forward has told the Official Matchday Programme that Arsenal's fans should not be concerned.

"I want to say something about my commitment to Arsenal because there have been many stories in the media lately," said Van Persie.

"I am committed to Arsenal, and that’s how it is, despite people [in the media] making up stories. For example, they said I was selling my house, but that’s nothing recent, I moved house last year.

"I see stories which make me laugh, but I can see how frustrating it is from the fans’ point of view. But I am committed to Arsenal. I am captain, and fans should not believe everything they read.

"As for that house story, the house has been for sale for a while, but I’m not living on the streets or anything, I have found a really nice house, and yes, it’s in London! So I want to put that straight, I am committed, and I will show that on the pitch."

You can read Robin’s full programme notes plus much, much more in Sunday's Official Matchday Programme. Subscribe to the Matchday Programme by calling 08700 20 20 20.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/van-persie-i-am-committed-to-arsenal

Guest M12 Part 2

arsenal's pay scale is really low. im surprised more players dont. leave. RVP on 70k a week :mellow: . Ash Young is on 130 a week at united and its reported hernandez at what 22/23 has just been bumped to 75k.

Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn says only quality signings will convince Robin van Persie to ink a new deal.

Former Highbury favourite Winterburn believes Wenger must splash the cash to show Van Persie the club remains in the hunt to win trophies.

“Robin Van Persie is looking at the situation at Arsenal and he’s just seen two of the top players leave, so he’s not going to sign a new contract at this moment in time,” Winterburn told talkSPORT.

“How do you change that? Well, the team needs to start winning games and Arsene Wenger needs to strengthen the team, if he thinks he needs to, in January. Then again at the end of the season.

“If Arsene Wenger does that then Van Persie will sign again. If he doesn’t, then there’s always the possibility that Van Persie will say, ‘listen, I’ve given my all to Arsenal, but I’m now going to let my contact run down and at the end of it I need a fresh challenge’.”

Arsene Wenger on RTL French Radio...

"We're coming back slowly. We're not too far from 4th place but the first place is out of reach at the moment. I dont think I will lose Robin van Persie... If the players leave it's not linked with titles, players don't go to Man City for titles, they go for money. A player who has a choice with two clubs with same ambition, they'll go for the club who pay more... I had half of the dressing room who wanted to leave this summer, there was an Asian Tour, etc ... what saved us is this club is very solid"