RVP Contract Situation

gemma

If this doesn't force Wenger/the club to start investing in the right players, nothing will.

actually hope he doesn't leave as it'll mark the end of Arsenal as a certified top 4 team, as prospective players will start thinking twice.

prefer to see Arsenal who do things the right way up fighting it out with Us than the likes of City and Chelsea.

January will be a big month.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol. Stop letting professional footballers fool you with their talk of "lack of ambition in the transfer market" or leaving to "join a club genuinely challenging for top honours." Transfers in the summer, or January, whatever, it don't mean shit.

Fact is Robin van Persie currently is a 70-80k a week LEAD striker in a Champions League team, and now their captain.

If I'm his agent it doesn't take me long to look at market value for my client and say he is undervaled and worth at least 150k a week - Rooney 200k+, Tevez & Aguero 200k+, Torres 175k...

van Persie is 29 next summer, he'll surely see this as his last big payday and will be advised to seek a new FIVE year deal to stay.

Ivan will walk into his meeting with Darren talking about we can offer 90k a week, nice loyalty payments, and lovely football ^_)

And again the problem that David Dein highlighted to the Arsenal board years ago, will be painfully obvious to Darren, and talks will go nowhere... Time will pass, van Persie will continue to score goals, and then another club will contact Darren Dein exceeding and blowing Dein's entry level terms (of 150k, 5 year deal) with Arsenal out of the window, speculation will grow and Arsenal will feel the pressure and raise their offer to 100k a week... To which Dein will :/

Hence Wenger saying...

"the gap on that front has become bigger for us so, today, I cannot say that if we go to the maximum [deal] we are sure to sign a player - even if we do that we are not sure."
  • Upvote 4

would be a good replacement for owen/berba in 2 seasons

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Putting it solely down to money is silly.

If you can win trophies at another club and get paid better of course you're going to consider moving.

It is not when you appoint Darren Dein to be your agent... Like I said he will extract the most money possible out of Arsenal or find you a better deal elsewhere.

• Downvote 1

Fact is Robin van Persie currently is a 70-80k a week LEAD striker in a Champions League team, and now their captain.

If I'm his agent it doesn't take me long to look at market value for my client and say he is undervaled and worth at least 150k a week - Rooney 200k+, Tevez & Aguero 200k+, Torres 175k...

van Persie is 29 next summer, he'll surely see this as his last big payday and will be advised to seek a new FIVE year deal to stay.

This, or he walks.

He IS in that bracket, easily. His wage is a MOCKERY. I don't care what the structure is. The sooner Arsenal realise with some players you have to pay it, the sooner greats can stop getting replaced with kids on shit salaries.

It's just a repeating cycle and they don't learn...

Darren Deins ears just perked up when he heard Manchini say Tevez will never play for shitty again

Shits gonna get deep, please please please stop Gadiz strengthening our so called premier league rivals

at least create a bidding war and send him off to inter or Madrid

/

Out of interest has Darren Dein ever signed a player, and that player has ended up staying at Arsenal ?

If this doesn't force Wenger/the club to start investing in the right players, nothing will.

actually hope he doesn't leave as it'll mark the end of Arsenal as a certified top 4 team, as prospective players will start thinking twice.

prefer to see Arsenal who do things the right way up fighting it out with Us than the likes of City and Chelsea.

lol @ this post

Not really sure why this comment was negged, as if it isn't in the realms of possibility an as if he wouldnt serve as an improvement on the 2 mentioned,

lol @ this post

Lol, nothing wrong at all with the post tbh

The fact he mentioned Chelsea got you itching, no?

I just found it funny that a Man U fan is so concerned about what players leave his rivals team and where they finish in the league

And also the point about 'do things the right way'. What the fuck does that mean?

Lol at the notion of me being disinterested in what our rivals top players are doing, and where said teams finish in the league,

I font think you really understand this football thing mate.

Arsenal do things in the correct way, (more than anyone else in the game at this level anyway) they are self sufficient the only piece of debt over their heads is dye to the stadium build,

It would take a catastrophe of huge proportions for Arsenal to go the way if the dogs financially,

In a ideal world teams would be run more like Arsenal than the likes of City and Yes Chelsea, it's just a shame that in the lunacy of football ownership that they have been left behind,

In the same way United have been fucked around, but remain successful due to the self sufficient an infrastructure of the club, Arsenal will be the same, as the have strode to build something that'll last long into the future,

In 10 years time Arsenal will be prominent as they are building with the next few decades in mind. (whether this type if view will remain with the new owner will be revealed)

I'd agree they need to address the balance but in all honesty their performance last season up untill the Birmingham defeat shows that their model can be successful/competitive with abit of fine tuning, (we all know what type these player changes are)

I just found it funny that a Man U fan is so concerned about what players leave his rivals team and where they finish in the league

This comment is possibly the dumbest thing I've seen on this forum!

Sit down in the corner an think about what you wrote and realise your an idiot, no need to apologise, I work with young offenders and even some disabled children, these types of things happen on a daily,

2moro's a new day all is forgiven, "I ain't mad at ya"

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Not really sure why this comment was negged, as if it isn't in the realms of possibility an as if he wouldnt serve as an improvement on the 2 mentioned,

lol @ this post

And also the point about 'do things the right way'. What the fuck does that mean?

Lol at the notion of me being disinterested in what our rivals top players are doing, and where said teams finish in the league,

Arsenal do things in the correct way, (more than anyone else in the game at this level anyway) they are self sufficient the only piece of debt over their heads is dye to the stadium build,

It would take a catastrophe of huge proportions for Arsenal to go the way if the dogs financially,

You're right I don't understand. So I guess Madrid fans hope Messi never leaves Barca?

You must have been delighted when City signed Aguero?

lol @ this post

You're right I don't understand. So I guess Madrid fans hope Messi never leaves Barca?

You must have been delighted when City signed Aguero?

Tbh, when youve enjoyed a rivalry with a certain team for quite a while you almost begrudgingly like to see them remain rivals,

Go to OT and ask United fans if they like to have the Leeds fixture annually again, they'd all say yes, this doesn't mean we want them to do well an blitz the league and win tittles, but you'd prefer them to remain relevant so those big games remain big games an beating them would mean even more,

If in the next few years if Arsenal became a mid table team, it would take away from the fixture,

Think of a league were only one team is competitive and relevant an I'll show you a dead league,

This is why people like to chime on about how the Manchester derby has taken on added significance, no United fan likes to see City doing well but we all relish the added spice to the rivalry.

May e I should've wrote this essay from the get go instead of assuming people would understand it from my initial post.

Ok, Based on that reasoning alone, you have won this argument,

Based on the reasoning Arsenal won't sell players to United

In the same way Spurs weren't at all selling Campbell to you's.

A player who's contract has run out holds all the cards,

(this is not me saying it'll happen by any means, but to assume it couldn't happen given the contract situation is a bit silly)

An either way, selling a player to United or City doesn't really have much of a difference these days, but I see your point.