MOBO Awards 2011

Dubby

I don't get the mobos at all, they don't wan't to acknowledge guys like Giggs but guys who are in the exact lane they're geared towards get overlooked when they're top boys in the pop/urban scene.

It's simple. The Mobos wannabe The Brits, they ain't. The Mobos want the corporate money that The Brits get, it never will, but in the meantime they quiet prepared to use the likes of Giggs and their fanbases to get viewers, interest, hits, etc to present them as a equal to The Brits, if in the minds of sponsors only.

Kanya King made the decision to move the show to the more "prestigious" television network that is the BBC from Channel 4, and I'm sure the BBC originally paid more than Channel 4 did, however Channel 4 to sponsors & ad men is way better than the BBC as you have can have ad slots and product placement way better and get way more return for you money in terms of in your face advertising.

So The Mobos went from its main sponsors being Mastercard & Malibu, to Lebara Mobile...

Thats the reason why the older Mobos was better was because they had the balance right (well better than now anyway) of emerging UK acts & could at least guarantee leading or at least relevant Americans appearing to perform and collect awards.

Now its more pay as you play & low budget, as everything they (Mobos) wanna get paid for, or secure on some we'll give you this, if you do this, and the A listers don't need The Mobos and never have. Now if The Mobos could this year have at least secured Drake, Chris Brown & Lil' Wayne lets say to perform, a BAG of fellow Americans would have followed for free or even had their labels pay and you get a better "international" line up, plus the likes of Adele, Dizzee, Estelle, Marsha, and all the other UK ones that have had nominations this & in previous years would have all been there too quenching for a look...

You really think we need the MOBO's when history tells you Black Music is a multicultural movement. Lets not go down that road again of having to explain the fast cultural shift what hip hop did.

I saw the usual jabs at black kids on estates (probably showed 1 white kid to even it out) saying they are scum and everyone sitting on their V.I.P tables paying £4k for bottles of champagne. It was just sick to watch knowing all this and people are mainly judging how bad the artists are usually anyway

Well 5 nominations (I think), you agree to turn up, you agree to do any promotional work, your label pays 35k for your performance = Your expecting and owed an award tbh.

5 nominations = They did their best for that nigga.

He didn't get the votes, what he want Mobo to do, rig the votes?

As TF has said, it doesn't really work like that

Most cases it's more about maintaining relationships and promotions than awarding it to the 'worthy victor' whomever that may be

Think of how much Wretch was on screen there, and then think of how many people didn't turn up to collect their awards...

just see an algerian slag post up a bunch of pics on facebook with 'celebs' at the mobo after party, half expected to see skola up in there.

lol man I was there just didn't beg any pictures with the people I spoke to

also didn't get in till late about 1:30 - 2:00am

rolling on my ones rocking my sko t shirt with glasgow grime on the back YUH

vip was live but lol @ guys in suits trying to stunt with 60 pound bottles of moet

just see an algerian slag post up a bunch of pics on facebook with 'celebs' at the mobo after party, half expected to see skola up in there.

Post some pics bruh.

not really pic worthy but...

296755_10150329757813600_513023599_8267613_1510831067_n.jpg

306483_10150329754763600_513023599_8267593_1917816153_n.jpg

306481_10150329759678600_513023599_8267633_1915428491_n.jpg

+ theres a bunch with tinie tempah, ndubz and any other celeb they could get their hands, would be surprised if they didnt suck a couple d*cks after