free newsgroup???

Hank Moody

Welcome Hassan

Who you with ?

I run Bootcamp on my MAC so I can use NewsLeech, best newsreader IMO. Set it to 8 connections, MAX SPEED downloads.

Cheers Darren

I use the one you mentioned for Mac. I used Newsleech and said some sh*t about it being a trial version? So i opted with the Mac one. It seemed faster as well. My other problem now is putting file sizes over 4gb on a FAT32 usb stick!

Anyone having problems with newsgroups?

Been fine until recently. Downloading was stop/go going from normal speed -> 0kb/s -> normal speed etc

Then I went to download something today and it said 40,000kb/s I nearly shat myself with joy as a film downloaded in 30 seconds

But inside its a bunch of txt files saying: "Content removed due to DMCA"

Im on virgin media and using eu.news.astraweb.com on port 119

Anyone having problems with newsgroups?

Been fine until recently. Downloading was stop/go going from normal speed -> 0kb/s -> normal speed etc

Then I went to download something today and it said 40,000kb/s I nearly shat myself with joy as a film downloaded in 30 seconds

But inside its a bunch of txt files saying: "Content removed due to DMCA"

Im on virgin media and using eu.news.astraweb.com on port 119

LMFAO

Best way is to check by downloading just 1 of the rar files, open it and see if its a valid file and not some .exe file etc

Saves you wasting time downloading all that for nothing

Annoying when your downloading "Lisa Ann Collection 10gb" just to find out its fake

Lol nah luckily they had actually replaced the rar files with .txt files so I only downloaded like a couple of megs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

They are gone :(

The End...

It is with our regret to announce that NZBMATRIX has closed.

We have had to make this decision due to a very large takedown request from a company called Wiggin LLC. These represent the following: Federation Against Copyright Theft Limited ("FACT"), Paramount Home Entertainment International Limited; Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Limited; The Walt Disney Company Limited; Twentieth Century Fox Film Company Limited; Universal Pictures (UK) Limited; Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited.

As everyone is aware we are DMCA/Takedown notice compliant, and always have been.

Once this notice is completed we are left with an impossible task of policing our indexing bots. Even then it won't stop there, there will be follow-up notices etc.

Coupled with this is problems with payment providers, we have been through pretty much everyone out there, in the end they all pull out.

There are massive server/bandwidth costs to pay, with the payments in-stability this is a very hard task.

NZBMATRIX has never been the subject of any legal issues or threats.

Also the Usenet Indexing scene is going through some changes, with content being removed from pretty much every provider its making the existence of an indexer irrelevant if the content does not even exists anymore.

So it's time for us to bow out...

Where's the next best place?

• Upvote 1