Ravel Morrison Watch

Mame Biram Diouf

And Rossiter is the new Gerrard

he is 17 and still not grown like that he will get his turn if he impresses im sure.

Ravel and Pogba were he only stars in that man u youth side we have Suso,wisdom,sterling,flanno,robinson he was playing at anfield with dead guys like tunicliffe and a bunch of other guys. Dribbling through our center of coady,suso,? With ease he even scored a goal in the top corner. Ravel is the truth there is a footballer there and Rodgers would deffo get him working to his potential.

Nah Suso played out wide that day.

I don't disagree with what you say, but why couldn't Rodgers do that with Tex for free?

i stand corrected was struggling to remember who was in the center that day i remember coady was captain probz and someone else playing alongside him.

My point was Ravel scores goals from midfield something Tex or Suso aren't exactly known for.

People just always think grass is greener on the other side, imagine when people were calling us out to sign Montoya from Barca, i wasn't in favour of it, because i saw we already had Mcalves Wisdom and co, imagine if we had signed him, it probably would have been the end of Flannos career at this club.

I would rather us promote from within.

Give our own youngsters a chance.

Tex and Suso would destroy the Championship as well playing for the right club, lets not forget how Shelvey performed in his short stint at Blackpool, level above.

i agree we should promote from with in if possible but BR has shown if u prove urself u will get a chance to play. Im sure he would have seen enough of tex in training and suso from scout reports but if he thinks he needs to upgrade why shouldnt he.

And Rossiter is the new Gerrard

he is 17 and still not grown like that he will get his turn if he impresses im sure.

Ravel and Pogba were he only stars in that man u youth side we have Suso,wisdom,sterling,flanno,robinson he was playing at anfield with dead guys like tunicliffe and a bunch of other guys. Dribbling through our center of coady,suso,? With ease he even scored a goal in the top corner. Ravel is the truth there is a footballer there and Rodgers would deffo get him working to his potential.

Nah Suso played out wide that day.

I don't disagree with what you say, but why couldn't Rodgers do that with Tex for free?

i stand corrected was struggling to remember who was in the center that day i remember coady was captain probz and someone else playing alongside him.

My point was Ravel scores goals from midfield something Tex or Suso aren't exactly known for.

Tex goalscoring form in the reserves has been good 6 in 7 games before today i think, you even see in his cameo appearance how he had the appetite to get goals something Rodgers applauded him for, don't get me wrong though i wouldn't complain if we signed Morrison at all.

Imagine a summer we sign Morrison and Konyplyanka, mad.

Thats good stats like i said before i havent seen much of Tex so i cant say but when he came on against fulham he was very aggressive with his key passes and did get us a penalty and took some shots. Having morrison as a option would be ace and both him and Tex/Suso can fit in tje side at the same time. Spurs seem to have become fans of Konoplyanka our profile has risen i would like to get involved ln the Draxler mix

Brendan Rodgers has launched a withering critique of the English coaching structure, arguing that the Football Association’s £110 million coaching hub, St George’s Park, is nothing without a proper, enlightened footballing philosophy.

Liverpool’s manager calls on the FA to involve Glenn Hoddle to help banish the “fear factor” inhibiting England. “We need to stop blaming the players,’’ said Rodgers. “It’s the coaching.’’

Rodgers has earned widespread praise for the fluid, imaginative, attacking qualities of his former Swansea City team and current, high-flying Liverpool side.

Rodgers, whose team take on Newcastle United on Saturday, encourages his players to express themselves. He wants England, the FA and those involved in developing players to take off the straitjacket.

“Absolutely,’’ said Rodgers. “Christ almighty, look at the players who’ve been available to England over the years, guys like Chris Waddle being told they didn’t work hard enough. Then he goes to Marseille and he’s world class.

"You look at the players over the last 10 years, the Gerrards and Scholes, the technicians we’ve produced. You are talking about European Cup winners. You cannot say that we can’t play football when you look at the technicians we have there: Hoddle, Waddle, Scholes, Gerrard.

“I wouldn’t want to disrespect any [England] coach that has taken the players. But I went into football initially to try and make a difference to the British players, who were told they were not technically good enough or couldn’t pass.

"I’ve thought for years and years that British players are technically as good as their European counterparts. I’ve worked with kids of five years of age in community schemes, and some of the biggest players in the world, at Chelsea and here, and I’ve felt that Brits can play football.’’

According to Rodgers, many English players had the talent coached out of them or were simply stifled.

“Absolutely. It’s just fear. It’s easier to get rid of the ball than to pass it. If you over-coach players, you lose the fluidity. Look at the talent there is. Look at the young boy [Ravel] Morrison. What a mover! The balance.

"We’ve got a young kid here, Jordon Ibe. If you were to come away after watching him for the first time and you said he was Spanish or Brazilian, you would say ‘phew, what a player, what a mover!’

“We need to stop blaming the players. The players get the blame in this country. No. It’s the coaching. Glenn Hoddle would be brilliant for you. Those types of people have to be involved if the game is to change and it has got to. Otherwise you just keep churning out the same stuff and people keep saying ‘it’s workmanlike’.

"There always has to be tactical discipline but you’ve got to have confidence. It’s not about being so nervous about the other team. What about your own talents? You have to maximise them. If you can have coaches who carry the pressure of taking the blame if the players make mistakes with the ball then we’ll do OK – because we’ve got the players.

“The problem is that the guys who are ‘that [visionary] type’ of coach, you never hear of them really. Look at Sean O’Driscoll. He’s one of the best coaches I’ve ever come across. He’s working at Bristol City. He’s never had a chance in the top flight. His teams are expressive, have movement, are technical but he’ll probably never get a chance at a higher level.

"Lee Johnson at Oldham: he’s trying to play. Give him a chance to develop a young group of players that can be expressive. There’s a fear [elsewhere]. If you don’t win games, you smash the ball up the pitch so you don’t lose your job.

“Does St George’s eradicate the problem? I don’t think it does. You can have a philosophy on the pitch with grass up to there [indicates 18 inches off ground]. You can have all the facilities in the world – and it is a brilliant facility – but without a philosophy, it doesn’t matter. You can have the best pitches in the world. You can have medical centres and sports science but if you don’t have a philosophy and an identity, then it doesn’t matter.

“St George’s is a very impressive site and it’s great that they [England] have the site. But I look at what we had at Swansea. We trained on an AstroTurf pitch at Swansea because we had no facilities. I used to get showered with the public.

"We had nothing, absolutely nothing. Yet everyone was wondering and talking about how we played football. It’s about football principles and defending those principles with your life. If you can get that fusion between the British players who will work their socks off but also have technique, and tactical understanding, then young players will get better and better.’’

Rodgers paused before resuming. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying there are not great people [at St George’s]. There are some terrific coaches. Look at John Peacock, a wonderful [England Under-17s] coach and educator. I’ve travelled Europe many times and we have the best facilities, arguably, in the world. But it goes back to philosophy, to the belief of how you want to play.

“I was going home one night, listening [on the radio] to something about the committee they’ve put in place [Greg Dyke’s FA Commission into England’s flaws]. I was a bit worried when I heard Dario Gradi saying he was in a role but he didn’t know what it was. He’s a coach that’s not afraid to be expressive, to coach a young player to receive the ball and give it to someone under pressure.’’

Rodgers will be invited to give his views to the commission. It is unlikely to be a brief conversation.

• Upvote 1

Good article, yeah thats what I was saying a few posts earlier BR really believes that English talent is as good as the continent but they haven't been used properly at all by managers who are scared about their job security and reputation. He has travelled a lot and he is a Educated man much like our Rafa. BR spent many years studying abroad at Barca,Ajax etc. This is why I can see BR going on to be a England manager once his LFC project draws to a end.

I've been saying English players have tek for years :/

Lack tactically and mentally due to not being intelegent enough

All Ravel needed in the past and now needs in the present and future for his development is to play weekly football in the #10 position. He wasn't gonna get that at West Ham because of Carroll and Nolan's bromance upfront and he wasn't gonna get that at United because of you know who.

Barkley had the same needs but luckily he had a new manager that saw what he was capable of in pre-season and believed in him enough to get rid of one of Everton's best players last season so his path wouldn't be blocked.

• Downvote 1

• 3 months later...

The West Ham board and boss Sam Allardyce appear to be on collision course over the future of Ravel Morrison.

Allardyce is planning without the England Under-21 midfielder ahead of the new season, but co-owner David Sullivan has confirmed the board to not want to sell him.

Morrison fell out of favour last season and was shipped out on loan to QPR, where he helped Harry Redknapp’s men win promotion back to the Premier League.

Swansea and CSKA Moscow have been linked with the former Manchester United star, but Sullivan insists he wants to see Morrison stay at Upton Park.

"Sam has said Ravel is not part of his plans but we do - as a board - see him as part of our plans," Sullivan told talkSPORT.

"I think he (Allardyce) said in a press conference, if I read it correctly, he's not part of his plans for this season. I think he said that in New Zealand but we don't agree with

that. We would like to sit down and give him a longer contract."

Sullivan added: "We do like him. We do see him as part of the long-term future of the club but we have to agree it with the manager because there's no point signing a player he's not going to play."

Morrison, 21, was left at home as the remainder of the West Ham squad jetted off for a pre-season tour of New Zealand, with the club confirming he underwent successful groin surgery.

Having spent time at St George's Park since his operation, Morrison should be fit and ready to rejoin the first-team squad when they return from their trip

Sigh

>>>>>>>> 90% of British managers

Nah Ravel is cold. Top of the "tree" coutinho style he would be wrecking teams. He can carry the ball better than Suso and shoot better than coutinho. Been a fan of morrison from youth level. He like sterling was the best of his generation. Suso can do it next season playing in Allen/Henderson role, Tex(who will probs go on loan next season). BR believes English youngsters are as good as German,Spanish etc players they just need be encouraged and played to their strengths. Im sure he rates ravel and you can never have to many great talent. Also Ravel could have a real point to prove too doubters just like Studge. This reeks of a money ball signing which is very FSG. Would be exicted to see what he could do with top players.

okay

where is the bid?

southampton should cop him to replace lallana