Drogba Released on a FREE

Admin.

lol who negged me for the Xabi vid?

Was a sick assist, but it was more a pass and hope someone will get on the end of it.

Kaka's over this.

Blatant hit and hope.

A pass and hope someone gets on the end of it? So a pass?

He didn't swing a random leg at the ball as hard as he could, he caressed it perfectly into the path of his only team mate in that area of the pitch with text book technique.

Kaka's pass was good but you see passes like that quite regularly, the only path off the top of my head that is slightly similar to Xabis is Silva's at OT this year.

• Downvote 4

What is it with this forum and people chatting about statues for any and everybody all of a sudden? Drogba getting a statue?

In the other "nothing to talk about so lets discuss this played out theory" thread about Gerrad, somebody mentioned statue there as well, as great a club as they are (spit) they don't hand out trophies willy nilly, lol, Yes Gerrad won a Champions league there, but the club have 5 of the bloody things, it was harldy taking them to unchartered territory and a new frontier

So if Drogba gets one, why not Lampard, Terry, Ashley Cole or Cech too?

They were all influential and big players that were central to their success over the last few years.

If Chelsea are going to commission a statue outside the new ground, they should take heed of what Blackburn did, (make one of the owner)

Before him Chelsea were going bust and nowhere.

He is the reason for their success, everyone else is secondary. Including the biggest of big game players (which he is) Drogba.

• Upvote 2

You know why they shouldn't get one

Match winners are rare to come across them other guys are not match winners just the supporting cast to the main lead which is Didier Drogba in this case

Drogba right now is Chelsea's greatest player barring none and deserved to be recognised do building a statue for him makes sense

As for Roman having a statue? I cannot see it but if they get a new stadium I can see him naming it with something to do with himself

The man is effectively the father of their reborn club,

And the reason for their most successful period of their history,

If he goes and gets them a new stadium to go with all that, a Statue is the least he'd deserve tbh.

As for Drogba being Chelsea's greatest ever play, it's certainly a point worthy of arguing, but I think right now isn't the time to do so, because the romanticness of the last couple of weeks could distort people's objectivity.

Another thing the way people are quick to C/S people on here is nuts

A quick history lesson

Why is there three statues for each member of the Holy Trinity outside Old Trafford?

Winning the European Cup in 68 influenced that decision big time

Tru say them man did all win the European player of the year aswell.

leave it,

i didn't even come close to biting on that nugget,

the fact that my man won't turn round and say that "Drogba couldn't win that accolade due to being around some of the best players that ever lived" coz man don't rate that lil Argentine bloke just makes it all the more sweeter