Happily ever after

Fresh

I did but after seven years of bliss and it all crumbled because of religion, culture and family differences.... Automatic NO from now. I was even in the process of converting to Islam for the sake of love but to my realisation, no matter how devout and committed you are, Arab parents will never accept a black man marrying their daughter. We had support from her friends, sister and sisters husband but four days before my 25th birthday she couldn't take the insults and threats from her family so she opted out of the relationship. At one point she considered running away with me to start up our life but in reality that wasn't going to happen. 6 months have passed and she still calls to say how miserable and lonely she is and how she still loves me but feels she is falling out of love due to the continuous insults even though we are not together. She is being brainwashed to the point that she is becoming quite resentful. So yes gentlemen, I was a believer but now I'm 25 heading for 26, I envisage myself being alone and not getting married. My parents were together nearly 30 years but recently divorced, makes me think every relationship has an expiry date. So, for those that were curious about my bitterness before, this is my story. This should by no means dishearten anybody from believing that it can happen. The love was intense that I can't see my heart opening up to another ever again, as they say, if you still think about someone months and years on, you are forever chained to that person and any other would be a lie. Cheers gents. Back to my pint

Firstly, just wanna give you props for disclosing all of that. Must've been a madness to go through & I know you haven't even given the full details.

Question though, surely there wasn't an actually issue with your relationship or even the concept of a long-term relationship. From what you're saying, the core of problem was with her family being unsupportive. Struggling to understand how THEIR prejudice could put you off your own views on long-term relationships.

I am trying not to have negative views on long term relationships but after 7 years of full blown dedication and maximum effort one can be disheartened. It was like a marriage, we went through what an average married couple go through. From having QN abortion we did not want to go through to having joint ventures to her being welcomed to my family as a queen. Some of my family even told her if its that bad we will be your new family and protect you. Its wild how things turn.

I hear that, but again, root problem from what you're saying is the family, not the individuals in the relationship.

So let's say in 3 years time, you meet a woman & her family are cool. Is the history with your ex's family gonna have an effect on the new relationship?

On 14/01/2013 at 4:44 PM, Michel Kane said:
So because it's Afghoon or a lot of Asians have similar impression of Black people, it's ok for him to talk about Black like that? We're comfortable with that, really?

bro have you seen the racist shit coming out of this forum especially against asians

u not seen the regular abuse bane gets an no one bats an eyelid its gets all the lols in

but when calls you lot a bunch of monkeys

u lot are all in hysterics

ive said it before and ill say it again

black people have become ignorant and forgotten about about racism against them

just becuase your getting love from some asian white or arab girls or whatever race

dosent mean your cool with that race, they still have their racist views against you, even your girl

• Upvote 1

In an attempt to make the race topic positive...

I'm 23 and I've still got lighty fever. Ffs. I appreciate my black wimmins but I keep winding up back at beige.

I love my culture and values though, and naturally few of these lightys have it as close to heart as I do. I think I need to look closer to home for my happily ever after.

Religion is the basis of many asian/arab peoples lives but their culture is probably higher up interms of importance. geographically unless you are from the same country and quite possibly of the same caste(in certain cultures)  your relationship will be getting sabotaged. 

There is exceptions to this but most don't have the longevity in the relationship, as a girl will not want to get disowned or loose contact with her family. Its fucked cos someones race/religious beliefs dont really mean that they will bad for the person in fact they might even be better for them then someone from their country.

• Upvote 1

So because it's Afghoon or a lot of Asians have similar impression of Black people, it's ok for him to talk about Black like that? We're comfortable with that, really?

It's not really that I'm comfortable with it but this is VIP2 and prejudices are thrown around casually.

It's not uncommon for me to go into a topic and hear Africans making generalisations about Caribbeans but I don't see anybody making a fuss about that.

People are divisive by nature until they recognise a bigger outside threat which is why I never fully subscribe to the idea of '......' unity.

We're all black until there's no non blacks posing a threat to us, then we're Africans and Caribbeans, then it's a Nigerian and a Ghanaian, then it's Igbo and Yoruba.....etc etc etc

• Upvote 2

someone once asked me should he revert to islam because of his girl who he was getting serious with

his chick even called me when i was with my boy and said ' make sure u take him jummah ' 

:/

I told him straight fam u need to feel it in you to revert. study it learn about it and enlighten yourself cos in the end of the day say you take your shahada and then break up with her for x,y,z reasons and you start doing a lot of sins your most likely gona have to answer for ALOT in judgement day

gave him a english copy of the quran 

he ended up breaking up with her a year later 

• Upvote 1

is a fucking c*nt and regardless of freedom of speech I will continue to neg anything negative he has to say about black people, inspite of the fact that on occasion there may be a sliver of truth in it. My justification for this is the fact that although he sometimes has the resmeblence of a point, the nonsensical and purely racist garbage he also comes out with far outweighs.

, you c u n t.

• Upvote 1

Guest chap44uns

just at you man getting frustrated over afghan just chill

unfortunatley the monkeys of di black race have runied it for us

the negativity in our culture out weighs the positivity by far and everyone can see it and i doubt thats ever gonna change as long as we have di dans trappin in di 04 prada hats

just face it and get on ur griz and make di pees so one day you can employ deese pakis

• Downvote 2

just at you man getting frustrated over afghan just chill

unfortunatley the monkeys of di black race have runied it for us

the negativity in our culture out weighs the positivity by far and everyone can see it and i doubt thats ever gonna change as long as we have di dans trappin in di 04 prada hats

just face it and get on ur griz and make di pees so one day you can employ deese pakis

Ahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that's got to be the funniest shit I've read in a while. Safe for that fam

It's not really that I'm comfortable with it but this is VIP2 and prejudices are thrown around casually.

It's not uncommon for me to go into a topic and hear Africans making generalisations about Caribbeans but I don't see anybody making a fuss about that.

People are divisive by nature until they recognise a bigger outside threat which is why I never fully subscribe to the idea of '......' unity.

We're all black until there's no non blacks posing a threat to us, then we're Africans and Caribbeans, then it's a Nigerian and a Ghanaian, then it's Igbo and Yoruba.....etc etc etc

The realist talks were talked

Wish I could pos you 100 times

• Upvote 2

The realist talks were talked

Wish I could pos you 100 times

TRUST

/

pmsl @chrap

bait was mashing him for a while

sorry bruv. but 5 days? not even a fucking week.

doubt it, hes new at her work and not from anywhere near the area. I know that due to mates who work in the same place. I pushed her away due to my out of control weekend drinking (which since breaking up have decided to get help for as it ruined my previous relationship too)  and treating her like sh1t on those days mainly, so i cant really blame her too much- still want her to be happy.

bait was mashing him for a while

sorry bruv. but 5 days? not even a fucking week.

doubt it, hes new at her work and not from anywhere near the area. I know that due to mates who work in the same place. I pushed her away due to my out of control weekend drinking (which since breaking up have decided to get help for as it ruined my previous relationship too)  and treating her like sh1t on those days mainly, so i cant really blame her too much- still want her to be happy.

Eddie_Murphy_Um_Yeah.gif