Flojo

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Carroll?

That's it.

Think Palace want him on loan

Sandro & Paulinho are your 2 ball-winning CM's. That's all you need. Yes, Sandro is injured but you shouldn't make a long-term signing based on a short-term (in relation to how long you'll sign Capoue for) problem.

You'll play a combination of 4-2-3-1 & 4-3-3 this season right? Well, if we go with the former, in terms of squad personnel, you'll need 2 ball-winners (Paulinho-Sandro), 2 deep-lying playmakers (Dembele plus ???) & 2 attacking midfielders (Holtby + Bale/Chadli?)...

I think signing a CM who can initiate attacks from deep would make more sense in case Dembele isn't unavailable. Then again, there is that young lad that came through your academy that broke through last year right? Caught a glimpse, he was alright.

I think Paulinho will be much more advance than Sandro, we like to play one holding player and not sure if Paulinho will be considered one of them (Obv he can play there)

If we are moving towards 3 in the middle and want to have two players in each position, you can look at it like this

Sandro/Capoue

Paulinho/Sigs

Dembele/Holtby

I think Carroll will go on loan, depending on what business we do near the end of the window.   ATM, we are still playing 4-2-3-1 so there would only be 2 spaces for the likes of Capoue, Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho so that's why this signings makes more sense if we are looking to play 4-3-3.   Holtby has stated he could play a 6 or a 10 and would actually prefer playing deeper.  I'd expect him to be competing with Dembele in that trio.  There's no guarantee that Paulinho will hit the ground running so he might be slowly introduced.

All them players can play in a number of positions and different systems.

Sigs can play LW, CM, AM etc

Demebele can play deep, more advance, cover for wings

Paulinho can cover any position in the midfield center (I think he will be pretty creative as well this season)

Holtby can be our creative force this season if he gets a good run out.  

Capoue will probably be our CB cover and it means Parker will play for the first couple of games. 

We will have a very strong core in the center no matter who we play.   It's the most important part of our system and we can't be playing Parker anymore who costs us endlessly.

Bale, Lennon, Chadli, Townsend will be our wingers

This is about 4-3-3, if it's 4-3-2-1, a number of players positions changes. 

@LS

I hear you about the 4-3-3 ting still & how that changes things in the kind of personnel you'll use. AVB did use it sporadically last season & obviously, it was his main formation at Porto & Chelsea.

In terms of players & how versatile, you have to bear in mind that, they may be capable of playing a number of positions but they won't perform at their best if moved away from natural positions i.e. playing Dembele out wide is madness, playing Sigs anywhere other than the #10 position is madness, etc.

Maybe you'd line up like...

Sandro/Capoue

Paulinho/Carroll?

Dembele/Holtby

Sigs has no business in CM.

Valencia defender Aly Cissokho says he is ready to join Liverpool FC if a deal can be agreed with his current club.

The left-back claims to have agreed personal terms with Liverpool and is just waiting on the two sides to thrash out a compromise.

Cissokho says Brendan Rodgers wants to take him on a season-long loan with the option to make the transfer permanent next year.

But the 25-year-old Frenchman believes the La Liga side want to sell him this summer.

"Liverpool have made me an offer and it is true that I have reached an agreement with them," French football website Le 10 Sport report him to have said."It is now up to the clubs to agree terms. I expect to know more later this week.

"If nothing happens this week, it probably means that I will not be going to Liverpool.

"The conditions of the transfer are the problem. Liverpool prefer a loan deal with an option to buy, while Valencia want to sell straight away. If the transfer doesn't take place, it's not a problem either. I am feeling well at Valencia."

/

I remember seeing this guy like 3 or 4 seasons ago just beasting the left hand side for Porto. forgot he existed after his lyon move i guess his development stalled

would very much like this loan deal to come through gives enrique some competition for when his concentration goes back to being a joke 

@ Mike

Obviously we will play players in their best positions but it's about having the option to play them other positions when injuries start to happen.  Our squad has to get smaller (Less wages allow bigger/more transfers) so every player has to be able to play in a number of positions.

Whilst i agree, CM is not his natural position, AVB has already flirted with the idea playing Sigs in the CM with 2 beside him (Obviously it can turn into a 4-3-2-1 at anytime)  Although, Sigs can be sold at anytime now.  Think he will have a better season this year though. He will be a good squad player to have.

Dembele is not a winger but thought he caused Liverpool so many problems when he did play there, one easily one of the best players on the pitch.  Would you ever forcefully play him there? no way, but he can cover if it's needed.   The other thing is with the players is that we will switch up our formations at any time, we don't have to have a set formation in modern football.  It will all depend on the opponent and how the game is planning out.   No doubt there will be games where Bale will end up LW and Lennon RW with two cms and two forwards.

Having players like this is beneficial to us.  We won't have to rely too much on creativity either imo.  We still lack a player that can execute that 'killer pass'

Saying that, this is predicting that Bale stays.  If he leaves, we will have a lot of work to do to replace him and might even change our system again. 

@ Porchy, what did i tell you before? lol walker is not getting replaced, he's too fast! 

LS

Walker will cost you aleast five games this season that's 15 points

TBH walker wasnt really getting exposed when we had sandro and dembele as the pivot.

Parker has no positional sense or awareness, he didnt give walker one bit of help when he came in and it wass 10x harder for him and he got exposed badly.

He will be better this season.

Cant play any worse than last season :lol:

he did improve towards the end of the season in fairness.

Siqueira joining madrid?

Guess we will try and make a move for coentrao 

One BBC journalist said reports in spain say are we are getting him for the remainder of the modric money (£13m)

Benny is actually transfer listed  :(

Seeing Monaco on twitter from El Confidencial

Siqueira joining madrid?

Guess we will try and make a move for coentrao 

meant to be hard alie

how comes hes only getting rated aged 27 tho