SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD 2013

Flojo

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“It is something that we have to do everything we can to fix.

“There has been a lot said and a lot reported, and we have made a stance, as a club and as a manager, of the commitment and the standards required.

“If you don’t have that commitment, and those standards, then you won’t play. It’s as simple as that.

“If we have got to sit and wait, then so be it. But this is a club that has got great values, and we hope that the situation can be resolved amicably, and I am sure it will be.

“There’s no problem between me and him, it is quite calm. But obviously I have got to respect the club and the team.

“It doesn’t matter who you are, if they’re not pulling their weight then they are letting down the club, the city and everyone who has stood by them.

“So until I get that assurance that we are going to get nothing but 100% commitment, then there will be no solution.”

Rodgers is an absolute tit.

Talking like they didn't finish 7th and can afford to let Suarez chill in the reserves all season.

He should've stayed at Swansea if he is so insistent on staying loyal and committed.

Every statement he makes gets worse.

Don't see what is wrong with the statement. He's not gonna put him in the first 11 if he's gonna mope about. If the owners are serious and are definitely not gonna sell, then come september Suarez will realise he gonna have to put the work in.

• Upvote 1

“It is something that we have to do everything we can to fix.

“There has been a lot said and a lot reported, and we have made a stance, as a club and as a manager, of the commitment and the standards required.

“If you don’t have that commitment, and those standards, then you won’t play. It’s as simple as that.

“If we have got to sit and wait, then so be it. But this is a club that has got great values, and we hope that the situation can be resolved amicably, and I am sure it will be.

“There’s no problem between me and him, it is quite calm. But obviously I have got to respect the club and the team.

“It doesn’t matter who you are, if they’re not pulling their weight then they are letting down the club, the city and everyone who has stood by them.

“So until I get that assurance that we are going to get nothing but 100% commitment, then there will be no solution.”

Rodgers is an absolute tit.

Talking like they didn't finish 7th and can afford to let Suarez chill in the reserves all season.

He should've stayed at Swansea if he is so insistent on staying loyal and committed.

Every statement he makes gets worse.

:/

arsenal fans are bitch made 

• Downvote 1

Don't see what is wrong with the statement. He's not gonna put him in the first 11 if he's gonna mope about. If the owners are serious and are definitely not gonna sell, then come september Suarez will realise he gonna have to put the work in.

Or else what?

Doesn't have to put in any work in.

+I dont buy into this "oh he has to perform because world cup is next year" 

Suarez will get in the national team starting lineup regardless of his performance this season

Manchester United are reportedly ready to enter the race to sign Gareth Bale, with Tottenham Hotspur more receptive to agreeing a deal with the Old Trafford club than Real Madrid.

According to The Independent, Spurs have grown deeply frustrated by negotiations with Madrid, who have relentlessly pursued Bale all summer.
The is no firm offer on the table for Bale from United, however Daniel Levy, the Spurs chairman, has serious doubts about whether Madrid have the money to complete the transfer. Levy is pushing for a world-record fee in excess of £100 million.
United may be spurred into making a bid given their failure to land their top transfer targets this summer. Thiago Alcantara snubbed United for the overtures of Bayern Munich - and a reunion with Pep Guardiola, his former manager at Barcelona - while Cesc Fabregas has decided not to return to the Premier League.
But David Moyes is still looking to make a marquee signing to kick-start his reign as United manager, especially given the negative publicity surrounding Wayne Rooney's desire to leave.
United know that concluding a deal for Bale will be a difficult process, though. Levy was a frustrating negotiator when United signed Michael Carrick from Spurs for £18m in 2006, and Dimitar Berbatov for £30.75m two years later. Spurs would also likely demand Javier Hernandez as part of any transfer.
Moyes is also expected to make a joint £35m bid for Everton pair Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini. After United's 2-0 victory in the Community Shield against Wigan, he said: "We're moving forward [to making signings]. Every day you get closer - and so does the [transfer] deadline - but if we have to I am happy to go with what we have. We have a lot of good, young English players."

Manchester United are reportedly ready to enter the race to sign Gareth Bale, with Tottenham Hotspur more receptive to agreeing a deal with the Old Trafford club than Real Madrid.

According to The Independent, Spurs have grown deeply frustrated by negotiations with Madrid, who have relentlessly pursued Bale all summer.
The is no firm offer on the table for Bale from United, however Daniel Levy, the Spurs chairman, has serious doubts about whether Madrid have the money to complete the transfer. Levy is pushing for a world-record fee in excess of £100 million.
United may be spurred into making a bid given their failure to land their top transfer targets this summer. Thiago Alcantara snubbed United for the overtures of Bayern Munich - and a reunion with Pep Guardiola, his former manager at Barcelona - while Cesc Fabregas has decided not to return to the Premier League.
But David Moyes is still looking to make a marquee signing to kick-start his reign as United manager, especially given the negative publicity surrounding Wayne Rooney's desire to leave.
United know that concluding a deal for Bale will be a difficult process, though. Levy was a frustrating negotiator when United signed Michael Carrick from Spurs for £18m in 2006, and Dimitar Berbatov for £30.75m two years later. Spurs would also likely demand Javier Hernandez as part of any transfer.
Moyes is also expected to make a joint £35m bid for Everton pair Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini. After United's 2-0 victory in the Community Shield against Wigan, he said: "We're moving forward [to making signings]. Every day you get closer - and so does the [transfer] deadline - but if we have to I am happy to go with what we have. We have a lot of good, young English players."

Swear im missing something somewhere here, can a spurs fan plz explain....

Why would Spurs prefer to sell to United?! 

Okay so on September 3rd... Liverpool fans are hoping...

BR "Hi Luis, window shut I think you should train with the first team again, as we have kept you here... I know you wanted to move but its a World Cup year so your gonna have to play and stay fit. Look we all have disappointments, I know you wanted to go Arsenal but your better than Arsenal and this club has to protect its own interest... With you performing we can make the Champions League places next season and if we don't and you stay out of trouble I'm sure Barcelona or Real Madrid will come knocking, thats how good you are...

LS "Didnt you say all this last year?"

Rodgers ran out of footballing cliches for Suarez tbh, I think that realisation should come this week, wouldn't surprise me if Wenger himself has picked the Japanese journos to ask the staged questions himself :rofl:

• Upvote 1

nah 

its more like you sold RVP to man u because your team is shit and want to balance books or whatever you do every fucking transfer window. You knew that you could still get the fourth place trophy with or without RVP thats why your team is shit and has no ambition. You believed Man U are superior to Arsenal....so you think the same thing will happen with us

there is not heirachy or pecking order we have money to spend despite strengthening the squad we have a positive net spend this season. Yet you think you can push through suarez because you got stripped for your captain if you was REALLY about it you should have shown us the MONEY from early. Bidding 40million like you have actual intel smh 

• Downvote 2

40m for Suarez is fair game imo.

Banned for a number of games.

Will incur more bans throughout the season.

Liverpool try and bring it back to class and the standards and the high morals of the club you motherfuckers are just being greedy.