Brazil Protests

Sinister

tbh brazilians aint  exactly got it rough no more

You're talking nonsense

/

I've got to give these protesters credit for having the balls as well cos the police here are no joke, got conked in the head with a baton calmly at Carnival for having the audacity to not see the policeman walking behind me and saw a lot of people get some brutal beat downs.

The police here demand respect like nothing I've ever seen, people who were liquored sobered up quick on sight of a policeman.

How ?

Its not the slums as people like  to portray it to be .

It has become very, very westernized in recent years and mellowed down

What are you basing this on cos it's nonsense

Been there,family through marriage , and associates

Are these people fairly well off? Where did you go?

went sao paulo and they are working class people who live decent lives , none of this no heating no electricity shit

:/  You didn't see the real Brazil then. From when preteens are rolling through the streets with automatics on a casj tip, I'd class that as having it rough.

edit: I've seen this with my own eyes in case you try ask for a source

Yeah like teens dont carry automatic weapons over here kmt

Nope, not openly.

You don't see dozens of man waving/bussing assault rifles in the air as they skank in the shubz while everyone else is calm

You don't see year 7s casually strolling through the hood with AKs slung over their shoulders etc

I could go on but you get my drift

You moan about the struggles of ethnics in the UK etc whilst claiming that Brazilians don't have it rough pmsl. You know not of what you speak, stop making a fool out of yourself.

• Upvote 1

tbh brazilians aint  exactly got it rough no more

You're talking nonsense

/

I've got to give these protesters credit for having the balls as well cos the police here are no joke, got conked in the head with a baton calmly at Carnival for having the audacity to not see the policeman walking behind me and saw a lot of people get some brutal beat downs.

The police here demand respect like nothing I've ever seen, people who were liquored sobered up quick on sight of a policeman.

:rofl:

:/  You didn't see the real Brazil then. From when preteens are rolling through the streets with automatics on a casj tip, I'd class that as having it rough.

Nope, not openly.

You don't see dozens of man waving/bussing assault rifles in the air as they skank in the shubz while everyone else is calm

You don't see year 7s casually strolling through the hood with AKs slung over their shoulders etc

You moan about the struggles of ethnics in the UK etc whilst claiming that Brazilians don't have it rough pmsl. You know not of what you speak, stop making a fool out of yourself.

pPweA.gif

if you got time watch "bus 174" critically acclaimed documentary

10 outta 10

It makes me sad that the population is too docile over here. We should be protesting against housing costs at a minimum. It's just a shame people would rather watch Simon Cowell talk sh*t on TV

realest talk

imagine what these dons would've done if uni fees tripled

if you got time watch "bus 174" critically acclaimed documentary

10 outta 10

It makes me sad that the population is too docile over here. We should be protesting against housing costs at a minimum. It's just a shame people would rather watch Simon Cowell talk sh*t on TV

realest talk

imagine what these dons would've done if uni fees tripled

In fairness we had protests, but too many road peeps turned up.

Nope, not openly.

ok for real i   was dumb for saying people  got it good but like i said its nowhere near as bad as what people are portraying it to be . As i said i know BLACKS that live there and have  a pretty decent life in brazil and above all they are  happy

Nope, not openly.

ok for real i   was dumb for saying people  got it good but like i said its nowhere near as bad as what people are portraying it to be . As i said i know BLACKS that live there and have  a pretty decent life in brazil and above all they are  happy

What are people portraying it to be though? It is a country still riddled with poverty, human rights abuses and political corruption. And even if you are 'middle class' you still have to live in a place where education and healthcare is poor, god awful infrastructure and public transport and high rates of H.I.V, where you have to deal with a corrupt and very dangerous police force (they literally are a gang out there). A place where the mandem use tracer rounds and where a rocket launcher was used to shoot down a police helicopter, which is extremely violent considering the country isn't even at war.

Obviously there are also many nice things about Brazil but I'm just pointing out the things for people are protesting against

:/ You didn't see the real Brazil then. From when preteens are rolling through the streets with automatics on a casj tip, I'd class that as having it rough.

edit: I've seen this with my own eyes in case you try ask for a source

Haha shut up blad

:/ You didn't see the real Brazil then. From when preteens are rolling through the streets with automatics on a casj tip, I'd class that as having it rough.

edit: I've seen this with my own eyes in case you try ask for a source

Haha shut up blad

took it back with that one

pos DRC, good video

Former Brazil forward Romario has described FIFA as "the real president of Brazil" and said the money spent on stadiums for the 2014 World Cup could have been used to build thousands of new schools.

Romario, who spearheaded Brazil's attack when they won the 1994 World Cup and is now a congressman, said Brazil had spent more than twice as much on hosting the World Cup as Germany did in 2006 and South Africa four years later.

"That is taking the piss," he said in a video posted the web sites of several Brazilian newspapers. "It's taking the piss with our money, with the public's money, it's a lack of respect, a lack of scruples."

Romario, who appeared unshaven and wearing a sleeveless top, said the money spent on stadiums so far was enough to provide "8,000 new schools, 39,000 school buses or 28,000 sports courts in the whole country".

Brazil has been hit by a wave of nationwide protests as it stages the eight-team Confederations Cup, which is considered a dry run for next year's World Cup. The amount of money spent on stadiums is among the protestors' many grievances.

The World Cup will be staged in 12 stadiums, either built from scratch or completely refurbished. Brazil is spending around 28 billion reais (8.3 billion pounds) on the event.

STATE WITHIN A STATE

"The money spent on the Mane Garrincha stadium in Brasilia could be used to build 150,000 houses for low income families," said Romario, who said he was speaking as "Romario the Brazilian" rather than as a footballer or politician.

"But no, we spent 1.5 billion reais on a stadium. Is it beautiful? Yes. Is it practical? Not really. But another thing is that after the Confederations Cup, some things will have to be re-done, because they didn't work out, and a few new things will have to be added for the World Cup."

"The real president of our country is FIFA," he added. "FIFA comes to our country and sets up a state within a state.

"FIFA will make a profit of four billion reais which should provide one billion in tax, but they will not pay anything. They come, set up the circus, they don't spend anything and they take everything with them."

Brazil's Congress has passed a bill which exempts FIFA from paying tax on profits in Brazil. It was one of the conditions FIFA made when Brazil was awarded the right to stage the event.

"Since Brazil was awarded the World Cup in 2007, things have gone off the rails," Romario added.

"The budgets that were made for stadiums, airports and urban mobility were all wrong, and it's the people who pay the bill."

One of the greatest players the country has ever produced, speaks up for the masses and is currently a congressman...could definitely see him becoming a high ranking political figure.