★★★ Carl Froch v George Groves II - 31st May 2014 ★★★

The King

Say Groves drops there. Gets up finishes the round strongly and Froch wins the last few rounds closely. Who do u have as winning Dav?

If it goes to the score card then Groves wins clearly, but my angle is that Groves had clearly slowed down. Once that happened Froch was able to catch him. Once Froch could catch Groves you saw the proof that Groves couldnt take the power.

For me, if the ref doesnt stop the fight, its wasnt going to the judges.

Just watched the repeat. Groves was hurting Froch even in the 8th

How many times did Froch hit when told to break? Not to mention the blatent elbow. Should have had at least one point taken off. The ref clearly favoured him

ref should of stopped it in round 1 if he stopped it in round 9

and maybe again in round 2 and 4

Froch d*ck riders will defend him to the end...it was clear that the ref f*cked up it was one of the worst decisions I've seen like someone said predicting what would of happened after it is pointless

I dont even like Froch, I thought the way he started throwing elbows and the like was cowardly, but he spent 7 and a half rounds NOT hitting Groves. WHen he finally caught him it was a wrap.

Guest Chelsea Jack

Also, eddie hearn is slyly destroying boxing in the UK. No big foreign fighter will show on one of his cards after the recent robberies of beltran and groves. People like to get on to Frank, but at least with him what you see is pretty much what you get.

• 1 month later...

so IBF have said there has gotta be a rematch within 90 days or Froch will be stripped of his belt.

Groves rejected a 7 figure sum on friday.

could be at the library on may 31st

he just said i dont know why froch is coming out with that because they are still negotiating 

• 3 weeks later...

Froch v Groves II - one of the most eagerly anticipated events in world boxing -will be shown exclusively live on Sky Sports Box Office on Saturday, May 31, 2014.

"It's the fight that everyone is waiting for and it's live only on Sky Sports Box Office.The first bout offered incredible drama and bravery from both men and I'm sure we'll see something similar in May." 

Barney Francis

Boxing fans around the world called for a rematch the moment the clash between Carl Froch and George Groves last November was stopped in the ninth round and Froch awarded victory by technical knock-out.

Froch will once again defend his WBA and IBF world super-middleweight titles against the young Londoner Groves. Should Groves win, he will become a world champion, take Froch's titles, and propel himself to the forefront of the super-middleweight division.

Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports said: "It's the fight that everyone is waiting for and it's live only on Sky Sports Box Office.

"The first bout offered incredible drama and bravery from both men and I'm sure we'll see something similar in May."

The fight forms part of an incredible month of live sport on Sky including the end of the football season, Test cricket F1 Grand Prix, golf and Super League.

Promoter and managing director of Matchroom Sport, Eddie Hearn, said: "Quite simply, I believe this is one of the biggest fights in British boxing history.

"It was one of the most epic and exhilarating fights I have ever witnessed and I'm delighted the public are going to get a chance to see it all again.

"The unanswered questions from the first fight may now be answered. Get ready for a whirlwind of a build-up and an event and fight for the ages - Froch v Groves II is on!"

Build-up

Sky Sports viewers can follow all the build-up to the event with weekly magazine show Ringside, plus documentary series 'Behind The Ropes' which will provide unique access to both boxers' training camps and will also be available On Demand.

Sky Sports News will bring breaking news from both camps, interviews and analysis from top experts and those close to the fighters. Additional interviews and blogs from our experts including former world cruiserweight champion Johnny Nelson plus the Ringside Toe-2-Toe podcast will also be available onskysports.com.

Froch v Groves II is also part of a busy May on Sky Sports that includes live coverage of golf's Players Championship, the final day of the Premier League season, UEFA Champions League Final, Spanish and Monaco Grand Prix, Heineken Cup Final, Super League's Magic Weekend, Sky Bet Championship and League 1 and 2 Play-Offs and Finals, and Scottish Cup Final.

The agreement is the latest in a series of long-term rights announcements made by Sky Sports, strengthening its unrivalled portfolio of live sport across six channels. On Monday Sky announced it had secured a new seven year agreement for live US PGA Tour golf, and last week announced new deals for British & Irish Lions, Super League, WWE, Scottish Football, Cricket New Zealand and speedway.

Gonna be at a football stadium....

Emirates, Wembley or Eithad?

Thought they said its going to be Frochs home town Nottingham.

nah both grounds in notts are too small, Eddie hearn says he wants 80,000 people there

Wembley

Nah England playing there night before.

stamford bridge

Man are saying Brisbane road ......... hmm