Chuka Umunna: Black people need more than ‘lazy stereotypes’ on film and TV

Afroman

Pretty sure the very people who started labelling others as black an white was white people. Why should we accept and argue over a label that was put on us? Put on us for absolutely no positive reason...From the fresh africans ive met none of them even really identify with the word black. Doesn't mean a thing to them.

The term black is a red herring! !!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 4

Doesnt make any sense to me a man with mixed heritage taking on the same caste system used to abuse him

You better come off that and respect your grandmothers struggle g

Cos I can guarantee when she got with ya grandpops noone werent moving like she was black so lets not act like thats how shit went down today

Stacks why you do you think there are different shades of black people?

There are various reasons ,health,diet,climate,some could have ancestors who were raped by white men , and some were born that way  . Remember whites come from us not the other way around . There have always  been different shades of black it doesn't mean they are mixed .

Pretty sure the very people who started labelling others as black an white was white people. Why should we accept and argue over a label that was put on us? Put on us for absolutely no positive reason...From the fresh africans ive met none of them even really identify with the word black. Doesn't mean a thing to them.

More bullshit . Next time you have a chat with your "fresh africans" ask them are mixed race people black . Tell me what they say

More bullshit . Next time you have a chat with your "fresh africans" ask them are mixed race people black . Tell me what they say
Lol

Dunno what afs she speaking to.

But my aunty who is light skinned. (Black) is often called oyinbo(white) back home

• Upvote 1

This is long, I'm not arguing any further about this I know what I am. I never said I'm black and not white, I said I am Black and I am White, i'm not diving myself into sections I am who I am, if some people don't want to accept me that's fine I know (and I really do) blacks and whites that accept me as their own, and you'll find these are the people that end up doing well in life. If this is such a massive problem for you, I feel sorry for your children. Because while the world changes and people learn to accept one another and treat each other equally, they're going to come into conflict, and then eventually going to turn on you and your beliefs.

I wonder if you even read the first post I posted here? It's actually insane that this is where the conversation got to

• Upvote 9

Toney  you are gonna have to upload another pic of your sis because from what im looking at she can never  pass as mixed race let alone white

Bro if you remember you argued with me when I told you Malcolm X mother was mxd, you actually argued with me on a fact I was giving you lol.

Remember this girl from BBC?

AngellicaBell.jpg

Is she black?

@Stacks

If one parent is mixed and the other is black

Are you still black?

Equation: 1 parent mixed = 1 white - 1 black

equation: 1 parent black - 1 black

= mixed parent x black parent = black(2) x white(1)

YOU ARE BLACK

• Downvote 2