Why does 90% of black women wear weave?

kerser

I never wwear a weave or wig although I have in the past in my follow the sheep days. I agree black /mix race people should embrace their fro and see it has beautiful and unique but most don't .

I wear my fro rediculisly wild and combed out and large and I get compliments from all races daily on it but I can understand why black lasses may weave. Afro hair is a struggle and commitment to up keep and a lot of black girls want to style their hair. Without destroying it eg straightening because black hair takes years to nurish and grow a hite girl can cut her hair off one week and within a month its back

Afro hair is diff it takes a lot of time and care to get to a certain point so most gyal do not want to wreck that so putting in weave they can achieve a style they may like that paticular day without ruining the hair

To put in a weave you have to kenrow the hair then sew in the weave this can be done without damaging the delicate fro and also maintaining it letting it to settle for a few weeks under the weave without brushing ashing etc..its helps the fro hugely

And the same for igs it alows you to leave the fro to rest and nurish in its natural oils without you tugging on it every day

Most people don't understand that unlike white hair that can be brushed tustled messed with daily afro hair is different constant combing etc of the fro and curls damage the tightly corck skrewed shape of. The cuticle . So wearing weave and wigs does help the. Growth and nurishment of black hair a lot

Guest freestacks

imagine how stupid it would look if white girls started walking outside their yards wid afros . people would be looking at them like wtf are these bitches crazy ..smh. ENOUGH is ENOUGH now . no mas self hate

Well what do you think?

They do it for a plethora of reasons

1) Because it looks more aesthetically pleasing than the curly hair texture that most Black people have although Braids look very nice on Black women 

2) Sign of Femininity- Having longer straight hair on  a woman is a sign of femininity. Thus the majority of Black women want to look feminine/lady like as all other races of women and choose to put on weave/ straightening it so they do not feel less as a woman

3) They need male attention-You think they going to get the man with their dreams with their natural hair unless they  chose the more natural option of braids it DREAM ON  

• Downvote 2

White women wear weaves too

Asian women wear weaves as well

What is your point?

Why single out black women?

Because when Black women do its more OBVIOUS seeing as the majority of Black women do not have naturally straight hair, but White/Asian women do or tend to have normally straight hair for which the weave pretty much is seen like an hair extension 

• Downvote 1

I single black women out because when they buy weaves they contribute to the Koreans £1billion weave industry. Where are the black businesses selling weaves? Black people have been conditioned to buy everything from white people and not see how its effecting us economically. The Chinese dont have politicians in UK government and are still prospering economically. Our ancestors failed and you will not admit it black people.

I single black women out because when they buy weaves they contribute to the Koreans £1billion weave industry. Where are the black businesses selling weaves? Black people have been conditioned to buy everything from white people and not see how its effecting us economically. The Chinese dont have politicians in UK government and are still prospering economically. Our ancestors failed and you will not admit it black people.

Where aren't the black businesses selling weaves?*

I've never really got that argument its bullshit tbh

So because the products are for black people they should be sold by black people?

the black run hair shops I see are dead out and who gives a fuck if Patel or Kiesha serve u in the shop...they don't manufacture the weaves ffs.

Guest freestacks

Of course they dont . Weaves and black women should have no  affiliation what so ever . How the f*ck is 90 plus percent of our women walking around with some hair that is asian .  We are not asian . Nothing about us is asian ...Its self hating to the max.......Mr patel and dem man deh are not doing anything wrong . 

White women wear weaves too

Asian women wear weaves as well

What is your point?

Why single out black women?

Because when Black women do its more OBVIOUS seeing as the majority of Black women do not have naturally straight hair, but White/Asian women do or tend to have normally straight hair for which the weave pretty much is seen like an hair extension

So why not get on the case of the women who relax and straigten their hair as well then?

It's only obvious if they don't get their hair done well.

I may have been able to take your point more seriously if you yourself hadn't outlined that the typical afro hair texture is less aesthetically pleasing than straight hair. You have no argument there. Moron, smh.

So because the products are for black people they should be sold by black people?

the black run hair shops I see are dead out and who gives a f*ck if Patel or Kiesha serve u in the shop...they don't manufacture the weaves ffs.

They actually should, but it's a tough market for black people to break in to. Asians have it cornered. And I know they are being laughed at by these Asians when they come in to buy their tracks especially.

If you're going to give your money away, might as well do it to support your own community. But that's a whole other topic, which goes a lot deeper before it's able to become that simple.

the black run hair shops I see are dead out and who gives a f*ck if Patel or Kiesha serve u in the shop...they don't manufacture the weaves ffs.

The Koreans do. Why cant black people manufacture their own products instead of buying from other races all the time? When are black people going to understand that they don't own anything and economically they are not prospering? 

The Koreans do. Why cant black people manufacture their own products instead of buying from other races all the time? When are black people going to understand that they don't own anything and economically they are not prospering? 

what do u own mate?

manufacturing much since the last time u were crying about this shit?

still doing fuck all with urself blaming ur woes on externals?

maybe this is the answer to ur questions?

what do u own mate?

manufacturing much since the last time u were crying about this sh*t?

still doing f*ck all with urself blaming ur woes on externals?

maybe this is the answer to ur questions?

nah man Asians got it cornered no point trying innit.

• Upvote 1

Where aren't the black businesses selling weaves?*

I'll be honest, I know nothing about the weave market.

But these Black girls are buying hair unlike their own.

So it would make sense that they're buying off Koreans or whatever.

i pointed that out to one girl i was chatting to

but was talking about hair prouducts

tru say everyone of them are run by asian

so f*cking what

we grind hard

we work hard

we are successful

if you dont like your own hair thats ur chip on ur damn shoulder

sick of Black Jealousy ... I see more of that sh*t then I see black excellence these days

Black people stuck in pride mode to even see it. I blame the Church for that.

• Downvote 1

I was watching a film the other day and see Nia Long with her hair similar to this

tumblr_n2a1w9JLyz1simtsno1_1280.jpg

Thought to myself the situation is nuts, to think we have black women walking around with white womens barnets and not a single fuck is given lol.

Crazy.

Massive respect to all the black women who have broken them chains and gone natural.