R.I.P Ultimate Warrior

Bruno Di Gradi

Rock just as huge?

Bro, Hogan is the reason wrestling went mainstream in the first place

To put things into perspective a good night for WWE Raw is for them to have around 5.5m viewers

The record for a 3hr episode of Raw is the RAW 1000 episode which featured The Rock, a DX reunion and a bunch of other legends had around 6.3m viewers.

The highest during the attitude era was around 8m. I think that was either the one with The Rock and Foley's this is your life segment or the one with the main event tag match with The Rock, Austin and Vince McMahon vs Triple H, Undertaker and Shane McMahon or something like that.

This season's premiere of The Walking Dead had around 16m viewers

Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant on an episode of Main Event that had 1 other match on the show had 33m viewers.

It's ridiculous to even compare the impact Hogan had during the late 80's and early 90's to The Rock or any other wrestler.

• Upvote 6

No point comparing viewing figures with the 80s and 90's. More people were probably sat in front of their TV's back then rather than browsing the web etc, and less channels/entertainment to choose from.

I'd say it's between Hogan & Stone Cold for who the biggest was. I'm edging with Steve Austin though. Sure merchandise wise nobody sold close to what he did with all his 3:16 business.

• Upvote 3

The Rock brought a-list Hollywood hbo box office talent and charisma to a clown circus act of a sport, made each episode of raw ( and of course the rocks own personal show, smack down) like tuning into a movie or the sopranos weeks after week.

He's the biggest to come out that 'sport' and will forever be my childhood hero Fuck wolverine power rangers Ronaldo pokemon or any thing else, the rock was that guy end of

hulk hogan is known worldwide through all generations like muhammed ali and pele

• Upvote 3

hulk hogan is known worldwide through all generations like muhammed ali and pele

True.

I was never a huge fan of his but the way he would be getting beat up then he would find the strength, win, then that music came on (wipes tear)

Hulk brought emotion to the game like no other.

Guest Chelsea Jack

Yep hes a icon

Hogan had the dustiest moves in wrestling. Zero athleticism but true say he was in his 50's in the 90's pmsl

Lol hogan aint THAT old you kno. Mans only 60. jus always looked older.