Black children achieve biggest rise in test and exam results of any ethnic group, new figures show

Don Crack

I don't spread hate

All I know though is this, when I was at school the kids that I shouldn't have followed down the road were Carrib

Boy who stabbed me when I was fourteen Carrib

Kids who laughed at me when ever I lifted my hand to answer question at school Carrib

Now I look at their lives and think wow.

So after all this when things begin to look better you guys want to claim a share of the success?

You've mostly made black people in the UK a laughing stock before the Africans even properly settled on these lands and now we're undoing the negative connotations you built and you want to take a claim on this positive turnaround.

It is foolish to say this applies to you all because there are also many successful full black people with English surnames which suggests to me they're Carrib but there are still some significant factors which you guys must address before suggesting we are on equal playing field.

And to whoever was talking about tribalism it is not a bad thing, western thinking told you that. Having a tribe = having an identifiable ethnic group, I don't want a label of generic 'black' because I'm more than that, if a Welshman who is British can be proud that he spells words all wyllfflkyltlyull then I can also be proud of my ethnic group and it's quirks.

We are not all the same accept it.

Your spiel means nothing as things were completely opposite at my school. It was the African boys that were carrying on bad ways at my school and have questionable lives now.

Your venom is actually quite disgusting tbf....it may be that you're still carrying some hurt from what these Caribbean boys did to you or something..I don't know...but you should see someone about that.

• Upvote 1

I don't spread hate

All I know though is this, when I was at school the kids that I shouldn't have followed down the road were Carrib

Boy who stabbed me when I was fourteen Carrib

Kids who laughed at me when ever I lifted my hand to answer question at school Carrib

Now I look at their lives and think wow.

So after all this when things begin to look better you guys want to claim a share of the success?

You've mostly made black people in the UK a laughing stock before the Africans even properly settled on these lands and now we're undoing the negative connotations you built and you want to take a claim on this positive turnaround.

It is foolish to say this applies to you all because there are also many successful full black people with English surnames which suggests to me they're Carrib but there are still some significant factors which you guys must address before suggesting we are on equal playing field.

And to whoever was talking about tribalism it is not a bad thing, western thinking told you that. Having a tribe = having an identifiable ethnic group, I don't want a label of generic 'black' because I'm more than that, if a Welshman who is British can be proud that he spells words all wyllfflkyltlyull then I can also be proud of my ethnic group and it's quirks.

We are not all the same accept it.

I've actually read this again and come to realise that earning the respect of "people on these shores" is something you aspire to as if it somehow validates your ability and success after "us guys" tarnished the perception of black people in this country.

You also spoke positively about Asians and drew parallels between your cultures which leads me to think that the way they've done things in this country should have been what "us guys" should have done, maybe then we'd be viewed as favourably as asian people are in this country? lol.

The people likely to give you the validation you seek are likely to do so because they are open minded and value what you can contribute, not because they make the distinction between African and Caribbean.

You stay there trying to get validation from people who are ignorant enough to dismiss your ability on the basis of your skin colour and tell me how that works out for you, for some people what you can contribute never has been and never will be the issue, they're just subscribing to the same tribalism you're championing.

Sorry no no no

You're trying to gain points by talking about white people, if I cared about the opinions of 'massa' I wouldn't champion my culture and values so much in front of them, lol I even wrote an e-mail to property week cos they confused the Ghana and Honduras flags on the cover of one of their World Cup editions, but I digress...

The fact that you feel you can draw such big inferences from my mindless drivel on a forum is ridiculous, half of what I wrote here was to wind up smaddy for example, it is easy in this kind of thread?

I don't care for the approval of white people as much as you want me to, I care about making a name for myself period. If I seek approval it comes from my family and friends first, then my black church after as we have a culture of putting wealthy black men on a pedestal. If I want professional approval it is because of the stripes of the individual I not their colour, if all the interesting people I met were black then you would have no issue. Unfortunately I'm in a white male dominated industry and the reason I'm here is because I wasn't afraid of being called 'uncle tom' etc to actually do what I'm interested in.

The irony is that I champion 'black' more than most on this forum, I champion black relationships, I embrace and am openly proud of my culture, I am active in the community and I do this whilst still getting along with white people.

So if I say carribs are failing I'm saying that cos it's the truth, not because I'm a 'tribalist'. I'm not going to sing the praises of someone doing something wrong just cos our skin is the same colour thats not being true to myself, yourself, 'ourself' and it wont help the cause.

TA RAHTIDDD

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

to add my two cents here without being divisive 

lets be real Affs do do better academically as opposed to Carribeans and ieducattion is definitely revered higher in an African  household.

It is the truth sameway i am Ghanaian but i can admit Nigerians do better the most other affs academically

sameway you can go even further and say orientals perform even higher than everyone else

Instead of taking offence caribeans should look towards themselves and seek to improve 

we having in house issues atm if u cud kindly pretend ur thoughts matter elsewhere cheers

as much as cp denies it i do think working with white people he gets a "slight" ego boost or chip on the shoulder

like i must be doing better than the rest of them cause look at how many powerful white guys i rub shoulders with/respect me

i would say man should be hoping for/looking to help elevate some of his brothers into them positions but he will probably say 

he dont owe them anything, black people need to be responsible for themselves, no handouts etc

which leads me to wonder what's going on in these super official church meetings (probably in some goodnesses kitchen)

and that maybe he might enjoy being one of the only blacks on top?

• Upvote 5

There's a certain undertone which has been present in CP's posts for years tbh and I'm not sure he's aware how it comes across at times.

There is nothing wrong with stating stats or truths but when it comes with a slight or an off handed remark it can be offensive.

Regarding Caribs not being on a level playing field now, we never were in all honesty, we did the donkey work in this country which made it easier for Africans to come here and hit the ground running, much of this to the detriment of our own families.

If Africans would have been the 1st in this country I don't doubt their experiences and progression would have been vastly different to what they are.

I remember talking with Cipher in the Evolution thread about recent studies on Elephants.

It was observed if young Elephants lost their mothers to poaching at too young an age they would struggle rearing their own children in the future because the parental skills they needed were not passed on to them.

To put this into human context Caribbeans were stripped off these essential skills also, for hundreds of years, how anybody expects emancipation to come and for us to pick up where we left off in Africa is unrealistic and unreasonable.

These are skills which have to be relearned often with intervention.

If you add into that the difficulties we faced when we came to these shores, those are 2 major issues Africans have not had to deal with.

So from the jump it's not an equal playing field.

There are many Caribbeans who have settled into life in this country and even prospering, it will take others some time to catch up, it won't happen with ridicule however.

• Upvote 3

we having in house issues atm if u cud kindly pretend ur thoughts matter elsewhere cheers

as much as cp denies it i do think working with white people he gets a "slight" ego boost or chip on the shoulder

like i must be doing better than the rest of them cause look at how many powerful white guys i rub shoulders with/respect me

i would say man should be hoping for/looking to help elevate some of his brothers into them positions but he will probably say

he dont owe them anything, black people need to be responsible for themselves, no handouts etc

which leads me to wonder what's going on in these super official church meetings (probably in some goodnesses kitchen)

and that maybe he might enjoy being one of the only blacks on top?

Sole is the choll, by feeding the choll.

/

Ironically, the first and only person I've employed was black, her name? Jamelia. A girl who was out of her comfort zone but now working with these people for example has adopted their working practises which will put her in good stead for the future.

I took a lot of flack for her shortcomings but as a manager it's up to me to take the blame for those things and I'm happy because she's come a long way, not perfect but better.

One of my key objectives is to make it so big that one day I will be in the position to give someone who was like me a few years ago, frustrated, dejected and insecure about my career prospects that life changing work experience. So what you say is the opposite.

But on the other hand I'm not going to be that guy handing out free opportunities, as with anything you have to come correct at least by 50%. While acknowledging that coming correct is not something these guys will know at least show you can do it given the chance.

I want to be a bit of a philanthropist.