General Election 2015 (Discussion Thread)

Hipster

General Election 2015  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which Party are you going to vote for?

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • UKIP
    • Green Party
    • f*ck Politics

What makes you think the other parties are pro-war?

And what makes you think UKIP isn't pro-establishment? (or as much as the other parties)

Ed backed military action and intervention in Afghanistan and Libya, look at the state of them now and got blood on his hands

Farage wants to pull out of Europe which free's us from there reigns of there tyranny, could go on and on but one of the main ones

• Upvote 1

Something I wanted to ask actually. Regarding Coalitions. It's possible for Labour etc to become a minority Government in this next election. Why couldn't/didn't the Conservatives do that last time around instead of forming a Coa with Lib Dems?

Something I wanted to ask actually. Regarding Coalitions. It's possible for Labour etc to become a minority Government in this next election. Why couldn't/didn't the Conservatives do that last time around instead of forming a Coa with Lib Dems?

nobody won last time so it was up to the partys to come to a decision on a government...any party that won a paliment seat had a right to form a government...eg if ukip gained only one seat and it was a hung parliment then hey have has much say on government has the main parties but only if a coalition is agreed between parties

because the main 3 dominate this wouldnt happen

last election although tories were slightly ahead of labour .....not by much all parties had to come to some decision ...because labour flat out refuused to get into bet with tories they removed  themselves although they did try to form a coalition with liberal wich would of ousted tories but because liberals went against labour and said theyd refuse a labour lib coallition they went in to coalitiona agreement with tories and formed a coalition...

far left with the right forming the government we havre now it was all tactical...being that labour is traditionaly leaft and libs are far left fuck nows why the cunts sided with far right tories

that is the only reason tories got in because labour stuckk to their principles and refused a tory coallition

so sorry for the bad speeling

wine is not my friend

you could go on and on, but why not make a single solid point?

"hidden agendas with business interests" doesn't say anything in particular

you could say Farage's spending cuts have a hidden agenda with business interests, or his tax cuts have a hidden agenda with personal finance interests - I'm not, but you see how throwing around words doesn't really help make a point?

nobody won last time so it was up to the partys to come to a decision on a government...any party that won a paliment seat had a right to form a government...eg if ukip gained only one seat and it was a hung parliment then hey have has much say on government has the main parties but only if a coalition is agreed between parties

because the main 3 dominate this wouldnt happen

last election although tories were slightly ahead of labour .....not by much all parties had to come to some decision ...because labour flat out refuused to get into bet with tories they removed  themselves although they did try to form a coalition with liberal wich would of ousted tories but because liberals went against labour and said theyd refuse a labour lib coallition they went in to coalitiona agreement with tories and formed a coalition...

far left with the right forming the government we havre now it was all tactical...being that labour is traditionaly leaft and libs are far left f*ck nows why the cunts sided with far right tories

that is the only reason tories got in because labour stuckk to their principles and refused a tory coallition

so sorry for the bad speeling

wine is not my friend

sh*t is confusing lol

What makes Labour 6/4 Favourites with the Bookies to become a minority Government this year..... Surely the Torie party are not gonna agree to let them take Government. So wouldn't a Coalition be the more likely scenario again? 

Also from what I've been reading by Independant analysis guys they are predicting a Torie minority government.

you could say Farage's spending cuts have a hidden agenda with business interests, or his tax cuts have a hidden agenda with personal finance interests - I'm not, but you see how throwing around words doesn't really help make a point?

You dont think foreigners who have no ties to England would not be bias to serve there own country and there business interests, look at the state of some of the EU countries that joined the single currency, they are in ruins or nearly there, its a shambles

The UK Government is meant to be employed by British people to serve us and our best interest. They are supposed to be accountable to us. We are supposed to live in a democracy.

Right now we are controlled by Europe, most of our laws are made up in Europe, we have no say on who takes the top seat in Europe. So therefore we are not in a democracy, we are just being controlled by an establishment. Lib Dems, Labour, Conservatives are Pro EU, Pro Establishment and do not wish us to leave the EU as they would rather we be dictated too. 

still no solid points there

you're throwing around thin theories with no hold

just a single point with backing is all I ask, for me to try and believe you have any idea about what you're talking about

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Coalition Government

The current government we have is called a ‘coalition government’ because it is made up two political parties. After the end of the last election no party had a large enough majority of MPs to form a government that would work, this either meant that they had to run the election all over again, or some people had to decide to work together.

The Liberal Democrats (Lib Dems) - the third biggest party in numbers of MPs, and the party in the middle of the biggest two (Labour and Conservative) in terms of their beliefs - went into talks with both in order to decide if they wanted to make a deal with either. In the end they decided they would support the Conservative MPs - this means that on important issues the Conservatives could count on the Lib Dems’ votes and parliament could function (pass bills and policies).

There was a ‘coalition agreement’ where the Lib Dems were able to get the Conservatives to take on a few of their policies, and to pick issues which they didn’t want to vote with the Conservatives on, so they get something out of it, too. 

just a single point with backing is all I ask, for me to try and believe you have any idea about what you're talking about

You got a valid enough point that should concern you. Are you happy to not live in a democracy then?

:lol:

It is, but are you looking at bets for 'a coalition' being the outcome or a particular coalition (e.g. Conservative-UKIP)?

It is likely to be a coalition but what coalition isn't very clear. Especially with Labour claiming not to want to go into one with SNP.

I was looking at prices for a Coalition yea. Mainly Labour/SNP as I feel convinced they are gonna sell everyone out and do a deal with the Scots. But the bookies are usually in the know with their prices and the people who are experts on these subjects seem to be pointing at a minority government. Don't get why.

2r4rm34.png

If your happy with foreigners deciding your laws who have not ties to this country then good for you being the gullible guy you are

Thats the simple point and if you cant understand that then leave it there init as think these type of convos can get a bit complex for you

No my problem is you're not being complex enough.

You make points and don't care to back them up. Perhaps because you have nothing to back them up with?

I mean I'm sure there are things you could back them up with, I'm sure if I was having a convo with Farage he could, but you don't seem to have anything to back them up with.

No my problem is you're not being complex enough.

You make points and don't care to back them up. Perhaps because you have nothing to back them up with?

I mean I'm sure there are things you could back them up with, I'm sure if I was having a convo with Farage he could, but you don't seem to have anything to back them up with.

Look back and I back what you asked me, you asked questions and I answered them

You just get frustrated as Farage is everything you want millband to be

Just admit you are voting for a pro war and pro establishment party but you getting all mad about it, chill

• Downvote 1

You know what. I'll go through your posts and comment so you know where I'm coming from when I say your points aren't solid.

Why do you think pro-EU = pro-establishment?

You got foreigners which ones? deciding the laws of this land which ones? with hidden agendas with business interests such as? , again, could go on and on

You dont think foreigners who have no ties to England would not be bias to serve there own country and there business interests please provide an example, look at the state of some of the EU countries that joined the single currency, they are in ruins or nearly there please state how their detriment was caused by being a part of the EU, its a shambles