General Election 2015 (Discussion Thread)

Hipster

General Election 2015  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which Party are you going to vote for?

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • UKIP
    • Green Party
    • f*ck Politics

You know what. I'll go through your posts and comment so you know where I'm coming from when I say your points aren't solid.

Why do you think pro-EU = pro-establishment?

You got foreigners which ones? deciding the laws of this land which ones? with hidden agendas with business interests such as? , again, could go on and on

you could go on and on, but why not make a single solid point?

"hidden agendas with business interests" doesn't say anything in particular

you could say Farage's spending cuts have a hidden agenda with business interests, or his tax cuts have a hidden agenda with personal finance interests - I'm not, but you see how throwing around words doesn't really help make a point?

You dont think foreigners who have no ties to England would not be bias to serve there own country and there business interests please provide an example, look at the state of some of the EU countries that joined the single currency, they are in ruins or nearly there please state how their detriment was caused by being a part of the EU, its a shambles

You ask as your first example which foreigners decide the laws in the EU. Eh, the ones where the European Parliament pass laws jointly with the EU Council 

I think you need to do more studying as me teaching you simple stuff like this is not what I am here for 

You can start here as think you do need educating and dont take that in a bad way

http://europa.eu/eu-law/decision-making/procedures/index_en.htm

I have asked you several times why dont you admit who you voting for but you avoid it everytime and I have done the courtesy to answer your questions, do the same

• Downvote 1

You are becoming another Mame, Opinions on what everyone else thinks but none of your own to share.

The substance of my posts couldn't be any further from this nonsense statement.

LOL Low it. You asked me to comment on some 40 minute video you posted and said you would do the same when you had time. People warned me not to reply to your post as you wouldn't bother answering your own questions. That was 3 weeks ago, did you think I'd forgot? lol

You are becoming another Mame, Opinions on what everyone else thinks but none of your own to share.

The substance of my posts couldn't be any further from this nonsense statement.

LOL Low it. You asked me to comment on some 40 minute video you posted and said you would do the same when you had time. People warned me not to reply to your post as you wouldn't bother answering your own questions. That was 3 weeks ago, did you think I'd forgot? lol

:lol:

Bane and Dub are notorious for this, I dont know why I bite sometimes 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

bruv, all I'm asking for is 1 solid example and you can't give me that

[replace with country/countries] brought in [replace with a law] to benefit [replace with a business/political agenda]

or

[replace with country/countries] has fallen to ruin because of [replace with one or more laws that have hurt said country]

but no, you refuse to give a real example, I don't believe you have a real idea of what you're talking about

/

Labour will win in my constituency, its a safe seat. 

I'm voting Green, because if their count goes up then they may get to a point in the next few decades where they have a chance of making a difference - I think they're a bit ignorant in their policies at the moment, a 60% income tax in particular seems foolish, but if their possibility of gaining power becomes more of a reality they're become more realistic.

My politics are liberal/left-wing (obviously).

• Upvote 1

bruv, all I'm asking for is 1 solid example and you can't give me that

[replace with country/countries] brought in [replace with a law] to benefit [replace with a business/political agenda]

or

[replace with country/countries] has fallen to ruin because of [replace with one or more laws that have hurt said country]

but no, you refuse to give a real example, I don't believe you have a real idea of what you're talking about

/

Labour will win in my constituency, its a safe seat. 

I'm voting Green, because if their count goes up then they may get to a point in the next few decades where they have a chance of making a difference - I think they're a bit ignorant in their policies at the moment, a 60% income tax in particular seems foolish, but if their possibility of gaining power becomes more of a reality they're become more realistic.

My politics are liberal/left-wing (obviously).

Green  :rofl:

How dare you question me

They're all idealistic at this point. Renationalising rails, free university, cutting into tax avoidance. Sounds nice but nothing really promotes economic growth.

If my vote actually counted for anything and if they had a chance of gaining power I'd probably not vote for them, and vote Labour. But at the same time I don't think their policies would be so lacking if they had a chance of power.

I like a bit of idealism thrown in the mix every now and again. I voted for Lib Dems in 2010 with the idea in my mind that they couldn't deliver on tuition fees, but if you go in with a policy like that the assumption is you'd at the least push to make education in the country better.

Dub you must understand how any one would find that sentence hard to take serious... You will vote Greens but if they actually had a chance of getting into power you wouldn't........ That don't make any sense lol. Although to be frank I'm just happy you ain't voting Labour.

That don't make any sense lol. Although to be frank I'm just happy you ain't voting Labour.

Why ?

He has already said labour is winning his constituency

So why does who he votes for matter.

What's not to understand? I want the party to eventually get to a position where they matter, because of what they promote. But if they were going in as they are (in their current state with their policies) I wouldn't vote for them because I don't agree that they'd be best for the country. The hope is that if they were in reach of power they'd be more realistic.

Me not voting Labour doesn't matter. They'll still win in my constituency.

Hmmm but you are willing to waste your vote on them now just for the hell of it then. Not because you believe in their policies right now, but because you hope in future they might actually make sense. Your's truly is a wasted and protest vote then it is fair to say?

• Downvote 2

Because he argues with me on here over policies and what I believe in. Yet he is going out to vote for a party who's policies he doesn't believe are fit for purpose right now and just for the hell of it.

Labour are nailed on to win where I live, but for my own integrity and beliefs I will vote for the party that I believe have the best policies and will make the best government whether they fail or not.

Imagine if everyone had that same attitude as Dub..Oh I'll vote for someone else as Labour will win anyways, could cost Labour their seat, how wonderful that would be.

That was in reply to Toto.

• Downvote 1

Its funny that I've explained exactly why I'm voting how I am but you choose to read it in a certain way.

Its not a wasted vote, it means more to the Greens than it does to Labour. As I said, as their numbers go up they move closer to being a party that actually means something. Its not 'just for the hell of it' I actually want Greens to become more established. And if other parties see Greens gaining headway then they'll possibly adopt some of their ideas. Look at how the Conservatives became more like Labour, and then more like UKIP.

Its not a protest vote...  just look up the definition of a 'protest vote'.

My vote is being cast for a possible effect in the future, and not for the outcome of the election its being cast for.

• Upvote 1

Tbf dubs reasons for voting greens is essentially the same as mine (n id assume the rest on here as they ain't gettin in without atleast a coalition) for the ukip vote

Shit don't happen over night

I can be pretty hippy dippy myself n agree with a lot of the greens values believe it or not but they're clearly full of bullshit policies n when it comes to the environmental aspects were a drop in the bucket of piss

N that 60% tax at 150k is fucking preposterous

Tbf dubs reasons for voting greens is essentially the same as mine (n id assume the rest on here as they ain't gettin in without atleast a coalition) for the ukip vote

sh*t don't happen over night

I can be pretty hippy dippy myself n agree with a lot of the greens values believe it or not but they're clearly full of bullshit policies n when it comes to the environmental aspects were a drop in the bucket of piss

N that 60% tax at 150k is f*cking preposterous

why?

isn't 60k after tax still a comfortable wage

That tax is for famous people/footballers etc....

Even if you were on 200k your likely to pay tax on 18k as long ad youre not in the public eye

Interesting to see the donations list, labour getting a lot this term, historically the party best backed financially has won the election but the sun is anti labour

why?

Still a joke.

Need to go after the big businesses first.

why?

maybe for u

i aint far off that n i wouldn't exactly call myself comfortable

not in the slightest

u don't understand that it's a huge disincentive to economic progress?

the fuckin vat threshold is a pisstake enough

u don't think it'd only increase the brain / skills drain to other western countries?

i think u probably do but u'd rather shut ur eyes and sing kumbaya

it's all admirable n that having this kind of mindset while sat in our relative luxury but unfortunately the world aint fair n when the developing world inevitably catches up with the old boys while uve been sittin around waving ur green banners from the morale highground we'll see how whether they share ur thoughts on things