KIDS

underwriter

TBH no one was catching feelings in here apart from Brem

In reference to the earlier post I am willing to concede that unmarried people can make good parents. It was never my point that they cant. You're worse than a daily mail journalist, misrepresenting what I said and taking a partial quote. It's juvenile.

Secondly what do I have to catch feelings about. Im fine with people disagreeing with me. I don't take exception to the way people live their lives, I merely have an opinion on what is a better way in my view. Sadly this hit some nerves with some folk. Not my intention to offend any persons on here in particular.

Nobody has said I'm wasted for my lifestyle. They have insulted my opinions. In the end I am fine with that. Some how I'm gonna be k.

Do the statistics back trap god up? I mean, I agree with him in principle if he is saying that a marriage is not necessary to guarantee successful family living, 100%. However, he is probably only thinking about himself and his own mindset (though his talk is probably more serious than reality, if he's on the roads like he claims).

However, people who make the decision to get are usually people who plan ahead for the future, and don't just see what happens. 

I don't know for certain myself, but I would hazard a guess that a higher % of married families bear progeny who go on and achieve more financial success than those who don't. 

All I am saying is marriage is not necessary to be a good parent

It's merely an option for those inclined

A personal choice

Whether you make the choice or not in reality it's not something that is likely to affect your parental skills regardless of what a stat says

/

Financial success is no barometer for good parenting as capitalism has no moral base

also, I don't claim to be on the roads.

It's just about ones code and preferences in the end. Marriage is very much the cornerstone of family In some communities including mine.

White and some other communities are more relaxed in this regard. Would I have a kid out of marriage unless accidental? No. But that's my view.

Financial success is not the barometer of good parenting. But there are too many freeloaders now rearing kids on the state and I find it morally repugnant. I personally feel children in modern society are a luxury that you should be able to take care off unassisted. I couldn't consider myself a man if I chose to bring a planned child into a life where I wouldnt off the sweat of my own back alone, be able to look after them.

It's just about ones code and preferences in the end. Marriage is very much the cornerstone of family In some communities including mine.

How surprising, your strongly held views are shaped by your upbringing  :o

Tell us more

How is your community doing, by the way? Things all good there, in the community?

• Upvote 3

How surprising, your strongly held views are shaped by your upbringing :o

Tell us more

How is your community doing, by the way? Things all good there, in the community?

We are all shaped to an extent by our culture and upbringing. My views represent a combination of things to be uniquely a my own.

In terms of the community. Low rates of teenage pregnancy. High rates of university attendance amongst the 2nd gen. Above national average income being earned by most of the 2nd gen. I think di community is doing K.

All I am saying is marriage is not necessary to be a good parent

It's merely an option for those inclined

A personal choice

Whether you make the choice or not in reality it's not something that is likely to affect your parental skills regardless of what a stat says

/

Financial success is no barometer for good parenting as capitalism has no moral base

also, I don't claim to be on the roads.

Mate,

The stats don't back you up, and your point about financial success shows you actually have no idea what you're talking about, and debating with you is nothing but a waste of time as your mind is inferior - you clearly have no grasp of statistical significance.

Simple really.

Seriously?

:rofl:

Niall is just using terms and phrases he doesn't actually understand to appear clever as usual

Anyone with any understanding of statistical significance knows it's not relevant to anything discussed in this topic but I can throw it in the mix if you want

NOMS stats circa 2012 show that 49% of single parent households in the UK actually had their children in wedlock. Based on the stats I could argue that maintaining a marriage and a successful family unit is pot luck as that 1% difference has no statistical significance whatsoever

• Downvote 1