Jeremy Clarkson

james00

Bizzles topgear snapchat trending on twitter :lol:

Russia's Zvezda television, a channel run by the defence ministry, unexpectedly revealed Thursday that it has offered a job to disgraced British "Top Gear" host Jeremy Clarkson after he was dropped by the BBC for assaulting his producer.

The state-owned channel, which promotes the armed forces but also airs general entertainment shows, published a letter to Clarkson on its website asking him to host a new motoring show and inviting him to visit Moscow to discuss the offer.

"He will reply. I cannot reply on his behalf," a spokesman for Clarkson named by the channel as Daniel Rix told the channel by telephone.

Zvezda also published on its website an excerpt from an e-mail written by Rix late Wednesday.

It said: "I can only imagine what an episode of Russian vyshaya peredacha (a literal translation of Top Gear into Russian) would look like."

"It could feature a Tzar in a reasonably priced car!" Rix added jokingly, referring to a celebrity feature on the show called "a star in a reasonably priced car."

Yuri... whats the low down?

A great distraction from the real news this clarkeson saga

Top gear is one of the most boring shows, chatting fraff about cars does not interest me one bit

So much more to life

Clarkeson is one of them guys that looks at you like a peasant, proper toff

• Upvote 1

A great distraction from the real news this clarkeson saga

Top gear is one of the most boring shows, chatting fraff about cars does not interest me one bit

couldnt agree more

so much promo for this dude

i struggle to imagine it's not all a set up

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Former Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have signed up to present a new show on Amazon's streaming video service.

The trio will front three series of a new motoring programme for Amazon Prime, with the first season to be made available worldwide in 2016.

The move follows their departure from the hit BBC Two show earlier this year.

Clarkson's contract was not renewed following an "unprovoked physical attack" on a Top Gear producer.

His co-hosts then followed him in leaving the show.

They will now make the unnamed new programme with former Top Gear executive producer Andy Wilman, who also quit the BBC following the "fracas".

'New age of TV'

In a statement from Amazon, Clarkson said: "I feel like I've climbed out of a biplane and into a spaceship."

Hammond said: "Amazon? Oh yes. I have already been there. I got bitten by a bullet ant." And May added: "We have become part of the new age of smart TV. Ironic, isn't it?"

Amazon Prime Video EU vice president Jay Marine said: "Customers told us they wanted to see the team back on screen, and we are excited to make that happen.

"We can't wait to see what Jeremy, Richard, James and the team will create in what is sure to be one of the most globally anticipated shows of 2016."

The Amazon deal is part of a major manoeuvre by the company to compete with traditional broadcasters and streaming rivals like Netflix.

It has also signed up Woody Allen to make his first ever television series, while Amazon's comedy Transparent received 11 Emmy nominations earlier this year.

Top Gear announcements

Meanwhile, Top Gear will continue on BBC Two, with Chris Evans among the new hosts.

Lisa Clark, who worked with Evans on The Big Breakfast, has just been announced as the show's new producer. "Lisa is as good as it gets when it comes to making big, important television shows," Evans said.

The presenter also fuelled rumours that Formula 1 driver Jenson Button was "in talks" to co-present the show when he read out a Daily Mail article on his BBC Radio 2 radio show.

"They say an announcement is imminent," Evans teased.

Neither the BBC nor Button's spokesman would comment on the speculation.