BREXIT  

58 members have voted

1. 1. With regards to Britains vote on leaving the EU. Will you vote to stay IN or get OUT.

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Zizouz said:

if we introduced that visa system for staff already here, we're definitely in for ugly times in the short/medium term

truly crazy times

its the best that could happen. 

More jobs vacant for di idigenous, by then, the wages of the NHS workers will be lower than it already is, these migrants will take their skills elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Gambino said:

You are taking this hard man.

I use the nhs a lot. Definitely not looking to see that level of disruption with existing EU nurses/doctors/support-staff.

2 minutes ago, Zizouz said:

I use the nhs a lot. Definitely not looking to see that level of disruption with existing EU nurses/doctors/support-staff.

Government is going to have to deal with it now. Maybe they can stop rejecting all those British applicants to become Nurses now whilst they paid Agencys to bring in people from overseas at a greater cost to them. I visit my GP's monthly and I seen a lot of change. I remember being able to walk in there in the mornings and see a doctor or get an appointment over the phone in 48 hours. Now you have to wait around 2 weeks. People will argue it's due to funding cutting but my GP's has 3 more doctors than it did back then, no word of a lie and no hating but 90% of the time I go there I end up stood in a que behind someone who doesn't talk English and is trying to communicate with the receptionist not understanding they cannot just walk in and see a doctor when they feel like it. No doubt Mass Immigration as well as spending cuts had a major effect on services but the remain camp refused to acknowledge the first point. Plus the EU and TTIP could of destroyed the NHS outright. Hope that shit doesn't still happen with us.

7 minutes ago, Gambino said:

Government is going to have to deal with it now. Maybe they can stop rejecting all those British applicants to become Nurses now whilst they paid Agencys to bring in people from overseas at a greater cost to them. I visit my GP's monthly and I seen a lot of change. I remember being able to walk in there in the mornings and see a doctor or get an appointment over the phone in 48 hours. Now you have to wait around 2 weeks. People will argue it's due to funding cutting but my GP's has 3 more doctors than it did back then, no word of a lie and no hating but 90% of the time I go there I end up stood in a que behind someone who doesn't talk English and is trying to communicate with the receptionist not understanding they cannot just walk in and see a doctor when they feel like it. No doubt Mass Immigration as well as spending cuts had a major effect on services but the remain camp refused to acknowledge the first point. Plus the EU and TTIP could of destroyed the NHS outright. Hope that shit doesn't still happen with us.

I dont know about  british applicants been rejected. 

My sis did her masters in m health care and she said large of the brits of the course dropped out within the first month. complaining that it was too demanding 

The whole rejecting applications doesn't hold weight.  Unless these are the old nurses that are now out of favour for the ones that are degree trained. 

• Upvote 2

don't know much about the home based nurses comment so I can't say much

as for the rest, it's a case of trying to have our cake and eat it too. Aging population + burgeoning pensions, how else do you fund it? Young workers who are unlikely to retire here, no? As things stand current EU migrants bring in more than they take. But if we're doing that, we needed adequate planning to make it work. This country needs highish levels of immigration as far as I understand. Otherwise, the already stretched tax receipts we get shrink further. Any politician with an ounce of sense will get the message loud and clear when they're presented with the figures and future outlook.

Get the feeling nobody will be left happy with the outcome of all of this. At least the people were heard though. Back to being unheard we go though, with first past the post.

Just now, Zizouz said:

as for the rest, it's a case of trying to have our cake and eat it too. Aging population + burgeoning pensions, how else do you fund it? Young workers who are unlikely to retire here, no? As things stand current EU migrants bring in more than they take. But if we're doing that, we needed adequate planning to make it work. This country needs highish levels of immigration as far as I understand. Otherwise, the already stretched tax receipts we get shrink further. Any politician with an ounce of sense will get the message loud and clear when they're presented with the figures and future outlook.

Get the feeling nobody will be left happy with the outcome of all of this. At least the people were heard though. Back to being unheard we go though, with first past the post.

I guess by controlling Immigration? Which is what I wanted as a Vote Leave and think anyone with common sense would want. It's not about kicking Nurses etc out the country or allowing people to settle here. It was about controlling the numbers and kind of people coming in and the obvious discontent with the EU Elite. It's up to our Government to start getting this right now.

The NHS is spending “ludicrous” sums poaching foreign nurses while rejecting two thirds of British applicants for training, the head of the nursing union has warned.

Dr Peter Carter claimed staff shortages across the UK had reached “crisis” levels, with almost every NHS hospital trawling the globe for staff.

The head of the Royal College of Nursing said attempts to procure nurses from countries that can ill afford to lose them were ethically dubious and “hugely expensive”.

Last year, 57,000 applicants tried to train as a nurse, but 37,000 were rejected. Dr Carter said not all of those turned away “would have been appropriate” but he added: “I can’t believe the majority of them wouldn’t have been fit.” Meanwhile, the number of foreign nurses registering to work in Britain rose by one third, as did the amount spent on agency nurses – reaching a record £3.3 billion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/nhs/11689202/NHS-spends-huge-sums-on-foreign-nurses-yet-two-thirds-of-local-applicants-are-rejected.html

5 minutes ago, Zizouz said:

we hear that. 

But these factors don't tickle the hearts of those who have seen their towns changed by an influx over the years. the low skilled worker who is happening to compete with some foreigner who is happy to work for less. 

It like screaming at a wall. 

Sometimes you just have to let things unfold  as it already is before things make sense. The unfortunate part is everyone takes the hit 

how would you handle it if the levels of controlled immigration required are much higher than you'd like though? There are a good few who would rather stick their fingers in their ears than accept that reality.

/

long as we retain labour mobility I'd be alright with what comes next

Just now, Zizouz said:

how would you handle it if the levels of controlled immigration required are much higher than you'd like though? There are a good few who would rather stick their fingers in their ears than accept that reality.

/

long as we retain labour mobility I'd be alright with what comes next

I wanted this country to have control over itself and do what is best for it. I'm happy for them to control the Immigration and bring in the people they need and can accomodate... And I hope like the issue I posted above with the Nurses is going to be tackled properly. Start accepting more applications and train these British Nurses rather than wasting money bringing people from overseas. Having zero control and allowing anyone to just come here regardless of their need or skill isn't something I supported and is obviously something that played a part in crippling services in the country. I don't know why the remain camp have never supported controlled Immigration, countries all over the world have that.

the nurse issue I hear you

stinks of short term cuts as well

/

the mobility of labour the free movement brought is something I was ok with. That's where we differ. But I'd hoped we'd put the financial prosperity that bought towards our public services. That didn't happen. I've been empathetic of the anger this caused.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Afroman said:

Where are these applications been rejected coming from?

most likely people who aren't good enough, but the ones who are must be thinking the pay to hours ratio ain't good enough

the cut in funding for training them though, that's unacceptable

@Gambino

I actually agree with you on something.RE: shorter queues in the NHS now.

Now half the country have voted us out of the EU there should be shorter queues in in Hospitals and Doctors once Gove privatises the NHS or Boris brings in charges the poor, unemployed and elderly won't be able to afford it. So we should get seen sooner.

13516578_869885279783241_787350864807013

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The people have spoken and were heard in this campaign. And our voices will be heard over any privatization of the NHS I would hope. It's something hopefully the 52 and 49 would be United on. I'm not gonna sit and read John Major scaremongering about it whilst he was telling us to stay in the EU and join TTIP which was a bigger threat IMO to losing the NHS. This country needs to come together again.

• Downvote 3

3 bed apartment in madrid for â‚Ĵ150,000

Ill have some of that 

• Upvote 6