BREXIT  

58 members have voted

1. 1. With regards to Britains vote on leaving the EU. Will you vote to stay IN or get OUT.

This poll is closed to new votes

How will small business be better :lol:

it will potentially kill many of them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, dub said:

people who's said "OUT" in the poll here (except Gambino) - are you guys serious? (genuine question)

Yeah very serious. less dictators, less crony capitalism through regulations and lobbying, pro sovereignty, pro accountability to the ones in charge.

I will always side with the least authoritarian.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, FA23 said:

How will small business be better :lol:

it will potentially kill many of them.

Will take some looking up again but I assume you have been following the referendum and debates.... I haven't really seen anyone say staying in would be better for small businesses. Not even the remain camp have sang from that hymn sheet. The EU has a ton of red tape which poses issues for smaller businesses, not to mention TTIP will destroy them and the NHS. I think the consensus is that small business owners are voting out. 

2 hours ago, Mame Biram Diouf said:

As a British citizen I really concerned that the number of farmers has already dropped from 20,000 to 10,000. With 2000 more expected to be gone by the end of this year. 

The biggest farming group in the UK has said they would all pretty much be at risk of closure without the 3 billion subsidy from the EU each yes (which the French lobbyed for). The leave campaign have already said they wouldn't be able to commit a subsidy anywhere near that figure. 

Maybe you're happy with importing for food and diary from the commonwealth. But us true brits would rather keep these farms open. If only out government placed as much importance on agriculture as the EU do. 

I need to read up on this more as I've not particularly heard anyone arguing it during debates on the referendum. However how would you argue something like this in favor of staying in the EU to British Fisherman for example. They lost their jobs and we're given money to destroy their boats to stop them fishing in their own seas for our own fish to sell to our own people, just because the EU wanted to divide our waters between other European countries so they could sell our goods back to us. You won't fight the British corner for them but you'll fight a Globalist elite corner for farmers?

Just had a quick read on an article from yesterday Mame. It says Cameron has allowed some EU farming minister to come here to quietly attempt to get Farmers on side with the EU because they are apparently largely in favor of a Brexit to get away from tariffs and reams of red tape they have to deal with.......... I guess we can trust them to know their business better than we do.

I'm not gonna lie, the campaign for "leave" is all about "if we do leave then we'll have all this money to invest in shit ordinary people want" - but it doesn't mean that's a reality.

Its totally understandable why "ordinary people" would vote "leave", because you can't sell ordinary people "our ideas are better for the economy", its easier to give them straightforward shit like "we'll be able to cut down the amount of immigrants - who are the cause of all your issues"

the average joe aint seeing a penny of that cash if you are eating pot noodle for dinner while we still are in the eu you will be still eating pot noodle regardless if brit i in the eu or not. d*ckheads letting politicians gas them up that money is going straight into the pockets of the elite an politicians 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Gambino said:

Just had a quick read on an article from yesterday Mame. It says Cameron has allowed some EU farming minister to come here to quietly attempt to get Farmers on side with the EU because they are apparently largely in favor of a Brexit to get away from tariffs and reams of red tape they have to deal with.......... I guess we can trust them to know their business better than we do.

I am not referring to the EU minister being here. That is just a sensationalist headline. 

I am referring I question time a few weeks ago. Had a senior lobbyist from the agricultural sector in the UK. Asked the leave person on the panel whether the UK could match and would match the current EU spending on farmers in the UK. He said they would not, the money would go elsewhere. Seeing as the UK government have been trying to lower it for years I would not be surprised if this was the case if we leave. 

You want global corporations to come over here and shut down our farmers and force us to just consume globally produced meat? Not me buddy. It's a shame our government is against agricultural subsidies. At least the EU aren't. 

I've read the figure would be down from £3 Billion to £2 Billion instead, add to that the fact red tape etc will be gone for them to do better business themselves. These guys are no doubt very aware so why would the farmers themselves be in support of a BREXIT?

And you have just ignored what I asked you about the Fisherman. The EU have already buried the Fishing industry for most of them, and you support them yea??? Nar not me buddy.

Gambino still bringing up elitist when he begs the Queen?

Have you not learned your lesson?

Tbh, the fishing industry is a good point, the waters should only be fished by us unless the foreign fishermen have been given an UK licence to do so.

There are no financial benefits of being out of the EU. This will just further restrict us and have cunts in power

8 hours ago, Gambino said:

People are thinking it's all gonna be over on Thursday..... If they think one sides gonna end it's grievances in one night they are dreaming.

This is one thing I agree on. 

The country is so divided, I think the vote will be close. They will be a major uproar/protest from the leave if it doesn't go there way. 

This vote as gone a month too long in my opinion.  Should have been concluded lat year. 

Personally, I think we are fucked regardless of in or out. 

I want to wake on friday and see a confidence restored back to the stock market

Let me just say, if any of you think a vote in or out will make any discernible difference to our lives, you are sadly mistaken. This is particularly true if you think voting out will make a difference.

As a party promoter, I need artists to come from the EU without the bother of visas etc, so I will be voting in purely for that reason. There will be minor issues like this for everyone individually, depending on what business you have etc etc.

However, for the vast majority of people who aren't directly (I mean level 1 directness) affected you are screwed whether you stay in or not. Global government will always have the power over you.