FIFA 17 (Official Thread)

Hipster

36 minutes ago, Gambino said:

Team wasn't clicking. Some of our styles of play don't match at all.

Think you're better off upfront than cam

Don't drop into pockets enough for that position. Too much running in behind the striker. Just leaves a big whole in the pitch when the cms have the ball, and it's either go long, or try and take on 3 players. 

Usually we have a lot of good one-twos, good interlinking and movement in the final 1/3.

@Risky think going forward in the short term I'd rather play rb than cm. Didn't enjoy it tonight. Ideally CAM though if vacant 

lol I agree to be honest. I'm always looking for them runs on the last man, but I'm always trying to bomb back to defend as well which is why I never jump for the Strikers role, plus I'm not the best finisher on here.

Risky and Anderson for them CM roles though for sure.

That new kid was decent up front as well last night, Flyest boy I think it was, Kirby or whatever his name was.

• Upvote 1

What's everyone's preferred style of play on here? I like quick tempo, counter attacking pass and move and plenty of crosses going in when we get the chance. I've noticed some of the team prefer to hold onto the ball longer and try go on runs and work there way inside the box as opposed to crosses.

Granted we rarely seem to bang any headers in compared to other sides, we get headers going in against us constantly.

• Upvote 1

The style that WE play, mostly depends on how the other team is playing from what im seeing

Ive noticed past few weeks that if the opposite team applies pressure, we hold back too much, and if they hold back too much, we apply pressure, score goals AND play good football.

we need to find a signature style of play. because none of us score goals with headers, why are we still crossin then?

maybe short passes and find space and play long balls. but that we need to figure out next time we play when everyone's on the same wavelenght. thats why i keep tellin man to grab a mic, communication is key.

/

gambino did you change positions mid game?

i started off as a CAM and then 2nd half im suddenly a RW.. dont do that

38 minutes ago, Risky said:

The style that WE play, mostly depends on how the other team is playing from what im seeing

Ive noticed past few weeks that if the opposite team applies pressure, we hold back too much, and if they hold back too much, we apply pressure, score goals AND play good football.

we need to find a signature style of play. because none of us score goals with headers, why are we still crossin then?

maybe short passes and find space and play long balls. but that we need to figure out next time we play when everyone's on the same wavelenght. thats why i keep tellin man to grab a mic, communication is key.

/

Lololol

Was RB in one game last week. Second half came out CAM (after I had changed my Pros position to rb). Was long 

Can't remember who was captain that game 

We don't have any tall attacking players, or anyone good in the air full stop. Crosses just get wasted. 

I prefer quick, one touch football. Inside forwards. For that though whoever is 9 needs to keep cbs busy, 10 needs to drop in pockets who to give an option to the winter. One cm deeper for ball winning, one to get forward and full backs need to overlap to give width. 

Something like that imo

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Risky said:

Yea sorry mate. I was trying to bring my Pro into the center and I didn't know who was who cuz you man use different shirt names than your PS names. Come to think of it though I think yours is Magic right? lol

I didn't move you from RB though Mame, dunno who that was. Only did it when there was only like 4 of us in match and my Pro was doing nothing on the wings.

• Upvote 1

I think possessions being lost too often though when guys are trying to run their way into the box rather than making an early squared pass or through ball. If you are gonna try and out muscle and run your way down the wing I say put the cross in whilst you've got the chance.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Gambino said:

lol I was cracking up when I logged in and had to take RB as there were no positions left, then the game didn't find a match and sent us all back to the room. Had to quickly snatch that CAM role and @meridian got left with the defenders.

I don't mind taking a wing back role in future though if you lot don't like playing it. Don't like being ANY when I'm just controlling CB's.

Set guys on here ain't cut out for them roles them positions they choose :ph34r:

Who?

8 hours ago, Gambino said:

lol I was cracking up when I logged in and had to take RB as there were no positions left, then the game didn't find a match and sent us all back to the room. Had to quickly snatch that CAM role and @meridian got left with the defenders.

I was so pissed I thought you lot did that shit on purpose. 

10 hours ago, Gambino said:

lol I agree to be honest. I'm always looking for them runs on the last man, but I'm always trying to bomb back to defend as well which is why I never jump for the Strikers role, plus I'm not the best finisher on here.

Risky and Anderson for them CM roles though for sure.

That new kid was decent up front as well last night, Flyest boy I think it was, Kirby or whatever his name was.

I noticed this a while ago. You need to trust your defensive midfielders and defenders more when you're upfront. No need to be running back. We need ppl higher up the pitch for them counters

/

I dunno who kirby is still. I've played clubs with him before though

/

We play good when we're doing short passes opening up space at the back with them one twos

/

When there's only like 3 players for ANY i think we might aswell let the computer control them

• Upvote 1

Depends who's playing though. Some of them counter attacks are non existent when guys are trying to run it out of defence rather than pass it. I dunno who it was but I seen someone last night outside our own box just after we won possession start trying to do stepovers on the ball and run with lmao, instead of playing it up the pitch quickly to the attackers.

Quick passes are essential... I got caught in possession a lot of times last night like everyone else

It was frustrating as hell.....especially when it kept happening

Better next time....It was just an off day. Maybe it's because it was late? 

We have scored a few headers.....haven't we?....haven't we:ph34r:?

Sometimes it's impossible not to get caught up with the ball especially when you receive a pass close to the opponent. Feels like there's a slight delay unless you bang for a one touch pass before the ball arrives.

We've scored a few but compared to what we get put in against us, swear one team scored 3 crossed headers in the same game last night.

Some of these first touches are abysmal as well when you receive the ball. I've had my Pro just knock it into nowhere when I've not even pressed the pass button and I'm sat there thinking fuck me everyone's gonna think I've passed that out for a throw in.

On 10/17/2016 at 4:01 PM, Mame Biram Diouf said:

@Lot To Learn  I think 

Ye I am Rowan.

Preferred position is LW in the 4-3-3 formation.

We do score headers sometimes but need a tall striker in the box.

Maybe have someone set as Target man who is 6 foot +.

My pro is 5, 11 which I still keep my pace but also able to win headers, I scored a couple headers last week.

In CM needs to be Noah & that small really fast guy i think its MisterLifish.

Almost too many guys about now on it, granted we ain't all on at the same time but too many that wanna play the same positions. Nobody wants to go ANY either when they only get the opportunity to control defenders.

Might be a case of leaving an attacking position open for ANY's own Pro Player and rotating who's gonna play the wing back roles since everyone wants a position up top for the times we have near full squad.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gambino said:

Depends who's playing though. Some of them counter attacks are non existent when guys are trying to run it out of defence rather than pass it. I dunno who it was but I seen someone last night outside our own box just after we won possession start trying to do stepovers on the ball and run with lmao, instead of playing it up the pitch quickly to the attackers.

The philosophy lives on

If that's the case then we need to be make changes in the game i.e Subs.

Someone playing in a position they are not comfortable with is a weakness, better off having the computer do that job.

Me playing RB yesterday is a good example of that, ill happily go on the bench next time if my position goes but the captain needs to bring me in at some point to my preferred position otherwise it wont work.