Colin Kaepernick

The Somalian

11 hours ago, The Somalian said:

Sorry Smaddy Smads

but I think you will appreciate this 

He been suss from day. So kap been on the payroll kneeling for Nike. 

Nike d*ckriding the "woke" train again. 

Results increased bottom line profits as brand awareness and affiliates to the "struggle". 

So much for black economics lol. I've been seeing celebs stating on insta let's go buy more nikes and followers alike. "Shudders."

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Vtec said:

He been suss from day. So kap been on the payroll kneeling for Nike. 

Nike d*ckriding the "woke" train again. 

Results increased bottom line profits as brand awareness and affiliates to the "struggle". 

So much for black economics lol. I've been seeing celebs stating on insta let's go buy more nikes and followers alike. "Shudders."

Never understood this mentality. Happily go and break the bank and kill for some pair of  on trend trainers from some succubus conglomerate .But when spending their money in a locally owned black business they’ll bitch on it or go in expecting discounts and freebies. 

And that fella looks like he’s got some Jew in him so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a shill for the woke black , sports community.  Never bought it personally 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Heero Yuy said:

Guys been kneeling since 2016.

Don't believe this has been 2 years in the making tbh, but Nike have obviously capitalised on a marketing opportunity and rightly so.

As long as Colin uses the platform he now has to keep promoting his message then I got no problems.

Guy has been well paid before this Nike merch campaign. Guys been a millionaire for some time now. 

Now he gets further paid exploiting black problems being the face of Nike.

Nike win further alliegence from new younger customer based which will be solidified in young blacks linking struggle with Nike a corporate monster which I guarantee you no black man is in there kneeling and wearing dasishki in the office board of directors/ceo. 

Ceo's are high fiving themselves at this containment win. Playing rounds of golf dictating corporate interests with republican senators for. Tax breaks in the Bahamas and trade tariffs and so on. 

This struggle campaign via kap is dictated by Nike and their marketing direction. 

30 minutes ago, Vtec said:

Guy has been well paid before this Nike merch campaign. Guys been a millionaire for some time now. 

Now he gets further paid exploiting black problems being the face of Nike.

Nike win further alliegence from new younger customer based which will be solidified in young blacks linking struggle with Nike a corporate monster which I guarantee you no black man is in there kneeling and wearing dasishki in the office board of directors/ceo. 

Ceo's are high fiving themselves at this containment win. Playing rounds of golf dictating corporate interests with republican senators for. Tax breaks in the Bahamas and trade tariffs and so on. 

This struggle campaign via kap is dictated by Nike and their marketing direction. 

I don't necessarily disagree with any of this, NIke aren't anybodies friend here they're taking advantage of a marketing opportunity. Kap getting paid but unless you have proof about his motives it's just opinion. He could be trying to use them as they are using him, or he could've sold out fully.. who actually knows. 

but 

17 minutes ago, JOHN DOE said:

my man sacrificed his whole career 

been blackballed by the whole NFL to not take him on and he is a superbowl winning QB 

Not to mentioned being alienated and hated by a large majority of the country. Could've stayed quiet, got his millions, kept his sponsorship and had a much easier life. 

1 hour ago, easy.pee.zee said:

Never understood this mentality. Happily go and break the bank and kill for some pair of  on trend trainers from some succubus conglomerate .But when spending their money in a locally owned black business they’ll bitch on it or go in expecting discounts and freebies. 

Good point

Was it Chappelle or someone else who talked about If Martin Luther King Jnr’s marches was sponsored by Nike?

Boy, real life is stranger than fiction.

I’m 100% behind what Colin is doing but I’m always skeptical when major corporations co-opt activists/movements.

I guess they want to be on the right side of history. 

32 minutes ago, TheOneGameBaller said:

Was it Chappelle or someone else who talked about If Martin Luther King Jnr’s marches was sponsored by Nike?

Boy, real life is stranger than fiction.

I’m 100% behind what Colin is doing but I’m always skeptical when major corporations co-opt activists/movements.

I guess they want to be on the right side of history. 

Yes, and then he said Nike would take the sponsorship back because of low sales in southern US.

Which is what I wanted to know. if Nike wanted to profit off blacks, Jordan's are enough.

They could risk losing Trump America.