Rafa ''Gimme Monnies So I Can Sign Up 4 or 5 Players To Improve This TREBLE Winning Team' Bentitez

Mame Biram Diouf

Liverpool fans have to stop going on about rafa's success at valencia and winning a european cup at liverpool. That was a long time ago and a lot of water has passed under the bridge. The man may have been a very good manager once upon a time but something is broken now. it's easy to forget, but he did lose 19 games in his last season at anfield.

For a start, he hasn't bought a single proper player since he signed fernando torres and benayoun in 2007. Here is the list of players he signed after that outburst after the cl final in 2007.

Torres

Benayoun

itandje

nemeth,

Voronin

Babel

insua

Plessis

Skrtel

Degen

Dossena

Cavalieri

Ngog

Keane

Flora,

Riera

Palsson

Johnson

Aquilani

rodriguez

Kyrgiakos.

I mean just look at that list of dross. Some of those are amongst the worst players in living memory to sign for liverpool. Who looked at voronin, or johnson, or dossena and thought that these players are going to be good enough to play for liverpool. Indeed you could say that of nearly everyone on that list.

Also the claim that he needed more money is nonsense, because he made glen johnson the third most expensive right back in world history, signed the disabled aquilani for £18 million even though he knew that he was an injury wreck, and wouldn't be able to play for the first couple of months of the season. As for Robbie Keane. it is clear that no-one at liverpool had ever seen him play. I heard Ian rush on the radio describing him as a cross between Peter Beardsley and kenny dalglish, and I nearly pissed myself laughing. It is very difficult to get three transfers more stunningly wrong than that.

Also the Net spend argument doesn't really hold up, because that is not the way that football clubs account for the signing of players. The more accurate way of looking at a player is their annual cost, in terms of wages and amortisation, or how you actually account for the signing of players on an annual basis.

In short, for accounting purposes, the club assumes that a player is going to leave on a free transfer at the end of their contract. So the cost of buying a player is spread equally throughout their time at a club. For instance Glen Johnson cost £18 million. He signed a 4 year contract, and is getting £80,000 a week. So every year he costs £4 million in wages, and the value of his registration falls by £4.5 million, so he can be seen to cost Liverpool £8.5 million a year, Liverpool have to generate £8.5 million to cover the cost of having glenn johnson around.

Say after 3 years liverpool look at glenn johnson, whose value is now £4.5 million, and they manage to convince some idiots to sign him for 6 million, that is entered in the accounts not as a £12 million loss, but as a £1.5 million profit. If on the other hand liverpool decide to offer him a new 3 year contract on the same wages, this means that his annual cost (amortization) falls to £4.5 million divided by 3, or £1.5 million a year, which added to his wages means that the annual cost of keeping a player, is much lower than signing a new one.

In short Rafa's transfer marked dealings have banjaxed liverpool. Even if all of the players he bought were really good, and liverpool had won multiple titles, the club would still be losing money, and would have to cut back. His squad just cost more on an annual basis than the club could afford.

Take 2008-9 for example. Liverpool came second in the league, were on sky nearly every week, and got to the quarter finals of the CL. Liverpool Lost £15 million even before you go near loan debts or anything like that. hicks and gillette may have tried to screw the club out of money, but they wound up paying the whole cost of buying the club themselves, and covering the losses. Hicks and gillette wound up subsidizing liverpool's spending by nearly £20 million a year.

In 2008-9 liverpool's wage bill was £102.9 million, and their amortization (the annual cost of signing players) was £45.9 million. meaning the players cost the club £149.8 million a year, on a turnover of £185 million.

Man utd's squad that year had a wage bill of £120 million, and an amortization cost of £37 million giving you a cost of £157 million, or £8 million a year more than liverpool, on an income nearly £100 million higher than liverpool's. (but the cost of benitez's signings and continual chopping and changing made his squad more expensive to maintain than man utd)

Liverpool's income has plummeted since rafa left, but their costs have gone up. They are going to be massively cutting their playing squad over the next couple of years, and this is entirely rafa's fault. That he kicked up such a fuss over having to deal with a similar situation at inter milan means that there isn't a hope in hell of him accepting the same situation at liverpool, even if it is entirely his fault. Liverpool fans need to move on, and accept that like all liverpool managers Rafa started well and ended in disaster

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Latest odds to replace Rafa Benitez as the new coach of Inter

Leonardo @ evens

Walter Zenga @ 2-7

Luciano Spalletti @ 8-1

Frank Rijkaard @ 11-1

Marcelo Bielsa @ 11-1

Diego Simeone @ 13-1

Jurgen Klinsmann @ 13-1

Fabio Capello @ 13-1

Sven Goran Eriksson @ 17-1

Martin O'Neill @ 17-1

Marcello Lippi @ 21-1

Before flojo tries make up our transfers since 2007 and fergie spending money even though we recoup it in player sales and other revenue etc (since summer 2006)

Carrick

Pig

Larson

Hargreaves

Nani

Tevez

Anderson

Fabio

Rafael

Manucho

Berbatov

Tosic

Da Laet

Diouf

Obertan

Owen

Valencia

Smalling

Hernandez

Bebe

Should all be there

I saw him in West Kirkby today, walking his dog.

It was amazing to see how much respect he had for the dog, and in turn the dog respected him back. He was firm yet gentle, he poured his very soul into walking that dog and it was a privilege to see it. When the dog needed to sh*t, Rafa dropped his y-fronts and curled a steamer out too, right next to the dog, to show him he understood what it was all about and was with him every step of the way. Bystanders shouted abuse at him for doing it, but they don't understand the passion of the man and are just led by a vile media campaign to belittle this dog walking genius.

He would fight for this dog, die for it. And in return that dog would go to war for Rafa. Other domestic pets and even some wild animals looked on in awe and envy as Rafa guided his dog all the way to Asda, where he promptly dropped £653.27 on a loaf of bread, a pint of milk and the Beano. Some might say he overpaid, but that's bullshit, if anything he should've been given another £100 so he could afford that Walnut Whip he wanted. He was even gracious enough to throw 13p at the beggar outside. Once I got home I called the family into the living room, popped on my "Best of Rafa" DVD and we all sat around bawling our eyes out at the sheer magnitude of the mans dignity. Then bravely wiped away our tears and we held hands and sang YNWA, the most stirring, emotional rendition I've ever heard, and lit a candle for Rafa.

Merry Christmas to you Rafael Benitez, you are my everything.

United fans on rawk having a field day, surprised this slipped through

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It was amazing to see how much respect he had for the dog, and in turn the dog respected him back. He was firm yet gentle, he poured his very soul into walking that dog and it was a privilege to see it. When the dog needed to sh*t, Rafa dropped his y-fronts and curled a steamer out too, right next to the dog, to show him he understood what it was all about and was with him every step of the way. Bystanders shouted abuse at him for doing it, but they don't understand the passion of the man and are just led by a vile media campaign to belittle this dog walking genius.

He would fight for this dog, die for it. And in return that dog would go to war for Rafa. Other domestic pets and even some wild animals looked on in awe and envy as Rafa guided his dog all the way to Asda, where he promptly dropped £653.27 on a loaf of bread, a pint of milk and the Beano. Some might say he overpaid, but that's bullshit, if anything he should've been given another £100 so he could afford that Walnut Whip he wanted. He was even gracious enough to throw 13p at the beggar outside. Once I got home I called the family into the living room, popped on my "Best of Rafa" DVD and we all sat around bawling our eyes out at the sheer magnitude of the mans dignity. Then bravely wiped away our tears and we held hands and sang YNWA, the most stirring, emotional rendition I've ever heard, and lit a candle for Rafa.

lklkl

fg

f

gf

:lol: :lol:

pmsl @ whoever stole flojos diary

• Upvote 2

lklkl

fg

f

gf

:lol: :lol:

pmsl @ whoever stole flojos diary