Rafa ''Gimme Monnies So I Can Sign Up 4 or 5 Players To Improve This TREBLE Winning Team' Bentitez

Mame Biram Diouf

Massimo Moratti admits that Rafael Benitez failed to cope with the pressure at Inter Milan.

Benitez took charge in the summer, succeeding Jose Mourinho, who joined Real Madrid after guiding Inter to the Champions League and Serie A glory last season.

However, Benitez parted company with Inter last week just five months into his tenure and Moratti moved quickly to fill the vacancy with the surprise appointment of former Milan coach and player, Leonardo.

But the Inter chief feels the Brazilian will cope better with expectation levels than Benitez.

"It was clear he [benitez] felt it [pressure]," said Moratti.

"He spoke about it frequently, maybe to try and justify himself - Leonardo has a personality that he will not be influenced by the memory of Mourinho."

Moratti insists he thought long and hard about appointing Leonardo, saying: "The decision to appoint Leonardo is one due to a respect, that is not born of now but has grown with time.

"I think he is the right person for us.

"Clearly I'm convinced that he's a well prepared a coach, but his intelligence is a factor that allowed the dialogue and will make him a pleasure to work together with."

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has declared that five new players will be signed following the change of manager at Giuseppe Meazza.

Rafa Benitez paid the price for a disappointing first half to the season when he was dismissed last week and former AC Milan boss Leonardo has been brought in to take the reins.

Moratti has now made it clear that the new man will be backed in the transfer market as Inter strive to salvage some success from the current campaign.

However, Moratti will not do anything that puts the club at risk and he is sure Leonardo will understand how important it is to be careful following his time as a director with Milan.

"Now Benitez has gone we will buy five players," said Moratti as Leonardo was officially presented to the media on Wednesday.

"I am convinced ours is a very strong group, and they have showed that recently.

"Even if some think they failed to show it some days ago in Abu Dhabi (at the Club World Cup which Inter won), they comfortably showed it just a few months ago, not thousands of years ago.

"Whether a signing will be actioned or not remains to be seen, but we will certainly be careful, and with the help of (director) Marco Branca we will make sure that those transfers happen, be it players joining or leaving.

"Undoubtedly Leonardo has had valuable experience, of managing a coach and understanding the club system, the team system, and therefore he has had an idea of the economics at a club, and what is best, objectively, for the club.

"We will do very well from a footballing perspective, but we must try to do very well from the economic perspective as well.

"I do not want to take away any enthusiasm with this, because enthusiasm is what a club thrives on and what I thrive on too."

:lol: :lol:

rafa gets no ratings

• 3 weeks later...

“It’s true, I had thought of Leonardo in June, but it seemed out of place to ask him because he had just said he wanted a break after leaving Milan,” the President told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I did believe Leo was the natural successor to Mourinho, as he had broad enough shoulders to sustain such a heavy weight.

“When we chose Benitez, he seemed to have the necessary experience to handle the situation, but everyone handles pressure in their own way.”

• Downvote 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Especially considering he's won more at Chelsea then Jose has in the last 6 years

Also won the cup for Napoli last year....

Read fans are backing Rafa and have turned on the owner

that napoli team is terrible

zuniga,cobaliy,hamsik,higuain are all terrible

they lost to cheivo a few weeks ago caught their game. felt sorry for rafa bringing on some akinbiyi's off the bench to try equalise

He spent £100m last year FFS!

A man said he won more than Jose in the last 6 years.

mourinhointer.jpg

article-2138625-12E4EEEC000005DC-437_634

:lol:

Didn't he win Europa with Chelsea?

Why do you dislike, Thizz?

Because he's a typical Chelsea fan under the spell of Mourinho.

He came in spent a bag of P, won fuck all, finished in the same position in the league as Benitez did yet these fools stay coddling his nuts like he's some sort of Messiah.

Acting like Mourinho didn't take Chelsea for any back up beat because he got rejected by his main squeeze up in Manny.

No he restored the pride of the club by performances on the pitch and making us one of the most feared teams in Europe. He admitted he made mistakes but the most damaging factors to the cloob's stability on the whole were beyond his control. Can't wait til Ferguson leaves, you man are gonna catch a huge dose of reality.

Goddamn

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1