Rafa ''Gimme Monnies So I Can Sign Up 4 or 5 Players To Improve This TREBLE Winning Team' Bentitez

Mame Biram Diouf

@ Gandalf & Murks

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/146121-media-myths-rafa-benitez-and-his-transfer-history-with-liverpool-football-club

Just to ease your transfer issues with Benitez.

/

He shouldn't come back to the club, even though I do actually think, out of the candidates out there, he would do a better job than most. (In fact he should never have been fired in the first place)

His polarising nature, is hilarious, because most people talk crap about Gray/Redknapp and co but then will use the same lines etc about Rafa that they do.

IMO, he is a much better manager than the last year and a half show. Stats/Trophies back that up.

Kompressor you keep trying to use these minor grumbles certain people had with Ferguson's actions to counter the overwhelming bias against Benitez, why I don't know because it's dumb to compare the two and there have been numerous situations to highlight it perfectly. It's pretty clear I understand why it is but that doesn't mean that I agree with the reasoning behind it or that I shouldn't point it out.

Comparing the media treatment of Benitez and Ferguson is plain dumb, the latter gets off lightly in the press. Again I understand the reasoning behind it but I don't agree with it.

The point I was making is very very simple so take time and read it slowly.

Benitez is remembered by most for the negatives, whilst others are remembered for the positives.

I see people talking from a biased perspective and try come from a more balanced perspective. He isn't perfect and i use the actions of other top coaches to illustrate that nobody is. It's not hard to understand.

To sum up,

when people look at Fergies reign the think Trophies, chewing gum and stoppage time.,

when people think back at Rafa's reign they think a "lucky" CL win, a "lucky FA cup Win, and a bag of players coming in and out,

stop thinking this "bias" is personal to either United or against Liverpool, the media just like in the case with floating casual supporters, latch onto the winning team and champion everything about them untill they aren't winning anymore, then the complete opposite happens.

Those are the opinion of idiots and to be fair I'm not a fan of idiots.

These half baked analysis of situations are exactly what piss me off and it's not specific to football. Things aren't as simple as that.

Kompressor you keep trying to use these minor grumbles certain people had with Ferguson's actions to counter the overwhelming bias against Benitez, why I don't know because it's dumb to compare the two and there have been numerous situations to highlight it perfectly. It's pretty clear I understand why it is but that doesn't mean that I agree with the reasoning behind it or that I shouldn't point it out.

Comparing the media treatment of Benitez and Ferguson is plain dumb, the latter gets off lightly in the press. Again I understand the reasoning behind it but I don't agree with it.

The point I was making is very very simple so take time and read it slowly.

Benitez is remembered by most for the negatives, whilst others are remembered for the positives.

I see people talking from a biased perspective and try come from a more balanced perspective. He isn't perfect and i use the actions of other top coaches to illustrate that nobody is. It's not hard to understand.

theres a reason why these minor grumbles as you put it are only minor grumbles. and i'm not gonna say it again.

theres a reason why Benitez is remembered mostly for the negatives, i have never said i agree with the media legacy that he's been left with, but i can see why it is the case,

To sum up,

when people look at Fergies reign the think Trophies, chewing gum and stoppage time.,

when people think back at Rafa's reign they think a "lucky" CL win, a "lucky FA cup Win, and a bag of players coming in and out,

stop thinking this "bias" is personal to either United or against Liverpool, the media just like in the case with floating casual supporters, latch onto the winning team and champion everything about them untill they aren't winning anymore, then the complete opposite happens.

Those are the opinion of idiots and to be fair I'm not a fan of idiots.

These half baked analysis of situations are exactly what piss me off and it's not specific to football. Things aren't as simple as that.

I tottally agree, but the media as a whole look upon things in a similarly half baked shallow mannor, which is why i made the point,

which is why i made the point but also punctuated the sentence with speech marks around the "Lucky"

to yet again make the point that this is not somthing i neccersarily agree with.

as a Rafa Fan you must like facts and the fact is if you compare pretty much any manager in Britain in god knows how many generations with Fergie they'll probably come out looking bad in terms of media stories.

as stated before it isn't sensible or fair to try to compare someone who's been in the job that long and won that much with Rafa Benitez,

Unless of course your aim was to try and play the victim looking for sympathy in a United led media world.

when people comment on SAF they sometimes start off by saying "he's the greatest manager of our generation and he's won pretty much whatever there is to win" now saying that or anyone merely knowing that, will dilute any critiscm that is to follow unless he goes on a mass raping or baby murdering spree.

bad transfers and tactical ineptness in a number of big games does not take away from the FACTS and in football facts are punctuated in trophies i'm afraid,

lets leave this Rafa and Fergie comparison in the bin please coz its stupid.

@ Gandalf & Murks

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/146121-media-myths-rafa-benitez-and-his-transfer-history-with-liverpool-football-club

Just to ease your transfer issues with Benitez.

/

He shouldn't come back to the club, even though I do actually think, out of the candidates out there, he would do a better job than most. (In fact he should never have been fired in the first place)

His polarising nature, is hilarious, because most people talk crap about Gray/Redknapp and co but then will use the same lines etc about Rafa that they do.

IMO, he is a much better manager than the last year and a half show. Stats/Trophies back that up.

I'm not and have not disputed Rafa's transfers. Tbh it would be stupid to, I know that well enough.

As for trophies, yes they were won but when did Liverpool look like they was gonna win those competitions? Half time against Milan? 85th minute against West Ham? Yes we did win and yes I'm eternally grateful but to look at these matches there seemed little fear of Liverpool.

Now can I say that teams learned to have a real respect and fear of Liverpool? Real Madrid and man u showed we was heading in the right direction.

Whatever changed for the better I'm more than happy to thank Rafa. But when the club started going backwards exponentially he had to fix that and didn't/couldn't so we know who to look to

Why is it Man Utd fans always pop up in a Rafa debate on here? Lol.

Just saying.

because flojo likes to make comparisons with ferguson

i

Remind me who made the topic again.

/

Kompressor you act like the difference in attitude towards Ferguson and Benitez is based on football achievements, my whole point is that it's not.

Let's compare a few situations.

Benitez makes a perfectly calm statement about Ferguson that despite what a lot of Man Utd fans think was largely true, he has way too much influence within the game. Many fans and managers have grumbled about it quietly for a long time but Benitez came out and said it.

Rather than focus on the validity of what he's saying what do the media do? turn it into an attack on his character and label it as him cracking up, lets all laugh at the fat Spaniard.

Allardyce & Ferguson cook up some bollocks story about a hand gesture being an insult and when the occasion actually calls for someone to be laughed seen as there wasn't an underlying truth what do they do? Nothing. There was no widespread condemnation of Ferguson trying to use members of the old boys club (LMA) to manipulate the situation.

Benitez calls Everton a small club but meant a lower placed team, it was a case of poor English rather than an insult but people were going on about how classless Benitez was etc etc

Ferguson calls Man City a small club and nobody bats an eyelid.

You think I'm just going on for the sake of it but it's these sort of incidents that show the double standards completely irrespective of achievements. the press are supposed to be impartial but the casual racism and xenophobic attitudes stink. All these pundits and journalists say f*ck all about Ferguson but laid into Benitez at every opportunity, imagine papers leading with articles about Slur Alex or Whisky Nose in the same way they did with fat spanish waiter, It just wouldn't happen.

Then to top it off people like you will talk about how Liverpool fans are just feeling sorry for themselves and that we're paranoid.

The reason i like Benitez so much is because apart from being a quality coach he is a genuine guy. He says things as he sees it and if people don't like it f*ck them. He spoke like a fan of the club and wanted the best for the club.

• Upvote 1

Guest Rorschach

Oh come on, this has gone too too far into the typical liverpudlian victim mentality crap, which Benitez himself adopted.

At the end of the day, Benitez reign, will ultimately be looked back on by most, as a dissapointment.

His two trophies seem a decade ago now and the most recent memories of him will be bewildering tactical choices, confusing substitutions, trying to get rid of Alonso for Barry etc

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_gerrardscratch.gif

• Upvote 1

Benitez is underrated in some quaters, but overrated in others.

He's a brilliant tactician, one of the best in the world. That is undeniable. But PR wise he's a walking disaster, he's comical in a bad way and despite his trophy haul his is unable to command respect.

The 'fued' with MON (despite being a decade younger and having a CV MON couldn't dream of), the fued with Ferguson, the fued with Allardyce, the comments about Everton are all examples of times when he got baited into looking a twat.

The way football works now and with the media so vast and constant commanding respect is important for top level managers, and he was unable to do that.

I don't think he'd ever win an English title with Liverpool, but I think he deserves a shot at sorting them out under the new ownership. Let him have a few months off and bring him back in for Uncle Woy in the Summer.

Why is it Man Utd fans always pop up in a Rafa debate on here? Lol.

Just saying.

because flojo likes to make comparisons with ferguson

i

Remind me who made the topic again.

/

Kompressor you act like the difference in attitude towards Ferguson and Benitez is based on football achievements, my whole point is that it's not.

Let's compare a few situations.

Benitez makes a perfectly calm statement about Ferguson that despite what a lot of Man Utd fans think was largely true, he has way too much influence within the game. Many fans and managers have grumbled about it quietly for a long time but Benitez came out and said it.

Rather than focus on the validity of what he's saying what do the media do? turn it into an attack on his character and label it as him cracking up, lets all laugh at the fat Spaniard.

Allardyce & Ferguson cook up some bollocks story about a hand gesture being an insult and when the occasion actually calls for someone to be laughed seen as there wasn't an underlying truth what do they do? Nothing. There was no widespread condemnation of Ferguson trying to use members of the old boys club (LMA) to manipulate the situation.

Benitez calls Everton a small club but meant a lower placed team, it was a case of poor English rather than an insult but people were going on about how classless Benitez was etc etc

Ferguson calls Man City a small club and nobody bats an eyelid.

You think I'm just going on for the sake of it but it's these sort of incidents that show the double standards completely irrespective of achievements. the press are supposed to be impartial but the casual racism and xenophobic attitudes stink. All these pundits and journalists say f*ck all about Ferguson but laid into Benitez at every opportunity, imagine papers leading with articles about Slur Alex or Whisky Nose in the same way they did with fat spanish waiter, It just wouldn't happen.

Then to top it off people like you will talk about how Liverpool fans are just feeling sorry for themselves and that we're paranoid.

The reason i like Benitez so much is because apart from being a quality coach he is a genuine guy. He says things as he sees it and if people don't like it f*ck them. He spoke like a fan of the club and wanted the best for the club.

Just to leave a short and sweet reply,

anyone can bring up instances where a manager has been lambasted for somthing and another hasn't been.

your selective memory doesnt allow you to recall things SAF has been slammed for in the press.

i actually cant believe i'm the one going against u in favour of a man who day by day i lose more and more respect for,

My sig says what i feel about him,

but this whole poor us poor us thing is pathetic,

Arsenal fans can come on here and claim to be victimised, so can Chelsea, Every club thinks Sky sports is biased against them one time or another , and i've heard fans from a whole load of clubs claiming that stations like Talksport is biased against them.

surely this tell you somthing,

Media criticsm is not a LFC Phenomenom

(damm that was meant to be short)

i'm open to the idea I'm being paranoid so enlighten me of these situations where Ferguson is treated so badly if it's not so much hassle.

Ferguson gets it very easy, consider a statement like 'typical germans' coming from another manager's mouth and so little being made of it for another example.

LOL. Are you having me on here? PERFECTLY CALM!?!?!

He came with stats PREPARED for the interview. PREPARED. He actually even barefaced brings out his cue cards and starts reading them. No ratings. At least reel that sh*t off your head and act like you dont care about united.

Guy even starts banging the table at the end of that question, just watched it again on youtube. :lol: How many times does he reitirate hes talking about 'FAHCTS'?

Yeah very calm. unsure.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

i'm open to the idea I'm being paranoid so enlighten me of these situations where Ferguson is treated so badly if it's not so much hassle.

Ferguson gets it very easy, consider a statement like 'typical germans' coming from another manager's mouth and so little being made of it for another example.

do u think ferguson got it easy when he first arrived from scotland??

it was the press who started the campaign that finished with him apparently one game away from the sack when robbins saved him with a last minute winner in the fa cup

bobby charlton said recently that he wasnt getting the sack even if they lost tht game

in all walks of live, if ur are succesful u are granted slack nd u get respect, if ur a newcomer u dont get treated the same and have to earn it

u are seriously surprised that ferguson a man in twilight of one of the most succesful managerial careers in britain spaning over 20 yeaes, who has gained a knighthood, and someone who has genuinenly more than earned his stripes is treated slightly different by the media to a foreigner who has acheived very little in comparison

is it really that hard to understand

ok u dont agree with the bias

but thats the way it is, no point in banging ur head aginst the wall, im sure rafa aint

it aint gonna change till he starts winning thats how the press are here, especially to foreigners

wenger got it at the start

rafa aint the first and he wont be the last

I dont know if you can call it a bias, but like I said there is definitely something there with the media and him.

I dont mind Rafa, he did more good than bad imo, but I have said before he does makes it hard on himself, same way Wenger does, but Wenger is well Wenger. What I mean by that is Wenger got a bunch of ex-players in the media, and a club 1000% behind him.

Rafa didnt seem to have anyone in the national press fighting his corner, was in a club torn, and then had a dreadful season, and the number of times I'd hear him talk to the press and be listening to him and be like :Y::Y: then suddenly :o:huh::unsure::wacko::/:confused:

Tbh it just got too easy for the press in the end.