RVP Contract Situation

gemma

Arsene Wenger on RTL French Radio...

"We're coming back slowly. We're not too far from 4th place but the first place is out of reach at the moment. I dont think I will lose Robin van Persie... If the players leave it's not linked with titles, players don't go to Man City for titles, they go for money. A player who has a choice with two clubs with same ambition, they'll go for the club who pay more... I had half of the dressing room who wanted to leave this summer, there was an Asian Tour, etc ... what saved us is this club is very solid"

lol Wenger doesn't help himself at all

I don't like the way Wenger likes blabbing to the French media like he's Arry

But he feeds his loyal followers over here with bullshit comments about outstanding attitude and top super quality signings and other such like patronising bullshit

Which leaves you questioning if daddy's hat has fallen off, or if he is just being ridiculously, And blindly optimistic

"I could write a book about my frustrating summer"

just tell us what's happening you gaudy old git

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood believes many players are only interested in money and use other reasons for wanting to move as a 'smokescreen'.

The Gunners have had problems keeping their squad intact in recent times as they cannot compete financially with a number of other clubs.

They are not able to offer their top stars quite the same lucrative riches that are available elsewhere, but Hill-Wood accepts that is just part of football.

"We know it is there and you have just got to face it," he said in the Daily Star. "But we have got a limit to how much we are going to pay these boys.

"All they are interested in is more money. They put out other statements but that's really what it's about. "

"And if some agent is prepared to come in and upset the player and try to move him on for a lot more money there is nothing much we can do.

"You can't have a limit on what people are prepared to pay somebody.

"What you have got to do is not lose your own head and pay what you think you can afford.

"And if a player doesn't accept that, so be it."

Players often explain transfers by saying they are frustrated by a lack of success, or investment, but Hill-Wood believes they are just chasing money.

"That is just a smokescreen," he said.

"All they are interested in is more money. They put out other statements but that's really what it's about.

"How much can they spend? I don't know but they are p*****g it down the drain."

He's always given the French media more, its not a recent thing.

Where did I say it was recent?

after seeing what happened this summer I can't take the "read between the lines" Wenger

People are always debating how much power Wenger has,

and how much fuck ups are the board fault

I swear some guy has just released a book which covers this

Thing is you ain't gotta read between the lines no more...

Wenger is too blame for matters on the field.

The board are too blame for everything off it.

How much you think the two intertwine is debatable.

The players obviously play a role too.

The problem is for me the board. By getting rid of David Dein, to make Wenger sign a new contract they gave him too much power and had no go between for him to answer to, or any form of delegation between both sides, and the one they did eventually put in later, well Wenger interviewed him... They can't even propose sacking Wenger in a meeting, let alone actually do it, and they only seem to be able to check him, on financial matters.

Basically the chairman of Arsenal should be David Dein or someone who is going to do whatever it takes to support his manager. Not a chairman that says all the right things publically about backing the manager but then his actions are questionable on numerous things.

If this ain't gonna happen then Gazidas may as well start thinking about hiring who he wants, and tapping up Bob Bradley...

• 2 weeks later...

Nope not confident at all.

If the talks was between just van Persie and Wenger, maybe, but Darren Dein and Ivan Gazidas :lol: I know how this story unfolds...

van Persie's public comments didnt exactly make me feel confident.

TBH I was more confident when I heard Walcott himself saying he's open to signing a new deal. Now to hear something from Dmitri...