The Amsterdam Thread

Dan.

Drew the short straw so had to fly out to Amsterdam a bit early to prep for all our ADE stuff.

Here for close to a week, four star hotel... and I've literally just done everything required so I've got two days to waste.

I'm due to fade out differently.

eh i dont get this

what u been preppin exactly

ADE is next weekend so hes probably got a show/night

Nah went last year and it was live, heaving everywhere. Was hard work smoking, drinking and raving tho.

Prob just gonna reach in december

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
27 minutes ago, dub said:

I know this is mainly holidaymaker / weed smoker posts, but does Amsterdam seem like a place where you could live for a few months? Thinking of applying for a job.

It's got potential. 

Decent transportation, bicycle friendly, most do speak English, accommodation seems decent priced if you ain't living central.

My colleague just moved here from over there. She's out here for a few months and says she prefers it here. But, it's probably a case of new environment /grass is greener on the other side and that.

Place kinda reminds me of Berlin, more ethnics and the people seem more froendly.

I think you should go for it.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, dub said:

aite so I'm here

who's got like a checklist of cool shit to do? (I'll probably have 6+ months to cross it all off)

Behind central station u can take the boat. it leads you to different directions but you need to have the 1 taking you to buiksloterweg

There you have the EYE film museum, pretty dope stuff over there

or same location but a few walks further u have a tower called the "amsterdam lookout" its a little pricy but the food is good and u have a GREAT view over Amsterdam as a whole, also nice to check out..

or u can check out nemo or scheepvaartmuseum for ppls who like ships and those type of shit

Oh and have to add this too for my smoking dons: 

When u at central station, take the tram 1,2 or 5. get off at "Spui", and visit coffeshop "tweede kamer"

Get high for a little price, been buying my goods over there for a good year now, never disappointed me

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...