today i got my fist ride.

Ouroboros

Not everybody's wallet has cobwebs and bats like most of you. Finance is the worst option for someone who cannot budget properly or doesn't understand the law of depreciation. Finance is not really that expensive you you really break it down . Buying a car may make you feel better but in the end you are always at a loss and will probably settle for something that somebody bought by finance and threw away. If you are interested in owning a piece of metal that loses value then by all means buy a car. But if you want to have the privilidge of driving a good car thats maintained while paying monthly payments and insurance. I am going to the finance option because My budget is surgical plus I don't want to be burdened with peoples left overs.
Cobwebs and Bats LOL.Funny guy.Why throw money into a succession of cars which you will never own?Terms and conditions on any finance are crippling.You do not, as it looks like you may think, "rent" the car.You are locked into a financial agreement of which there is both a minimum term, and which if you read the smallprint, you are prohibited from doing pretty much anything.If you cant afford it, dont buy it, simple.Too many people trying to live above their means.And "the priviledge of driving a luxury car" yeah?Its a Honda.A 1.4 Honda.
I do contracts and the majority of Finance contract have an option where if you stop making payments the car is taken back because the ownership and title is always owned by the finance company. We live in a capitalist world and the only people that don't understand car finance are usually at the bottom. the majority of cars that are brand new i'd say over 905 are all on finance. Smarter people with their money go for finance and invest in other ventures. If you are broke and have no sign of ever improving your salary then finance is not for you. If people followed your logic of not buying what they can't own the economy would be crippled and nobody would own anything. It's just simple financial planning if you can't handle it then stick to old cars. My rule is ismonthly payment + insurance = ( less that 25% of monthly salary)
Wrong. You're twisting my words. Living above your means - buying flashy whips that you cannot afford outright, when you still live at home, or are renting a place. Not taking out credit on financially justifiable ventures or needs.Buying a car on finance is not something which justifies taking out 14K on hire purchase for something you will never own.If you think the economy is kept alive by 19 year old kids buying 08 plate whips on finance, you are severely mistaken.Mortgages, rent, credit cards, loans, pensions, are financial crediting factors which keep the economy alive.To give an idea (you work in contracts so Im sure you'll corroborate this):A typical HP agreementCar Value: 14KMileage Limit: 10KPayment Terms: 34 Months - If as you say he's going to not keep the car for long, why take out a longer agreement with a longer fixed minimum term.Deposit (usually 10%. For arguments sake we'll round it down to 1K): 1KAPR: Typically 8% (and thats a good rate)First payment is going to be around £500. Followed by monthly payments around £400.With the car alone, not tax or MOT (covered or not), thats a huge some of money to pay out for something you are not going to own. It just doesnt make good financial sense, and anyone who has their finances in order would agree.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you people really think he is going to pay K14Buying a car on finance is just paying for the priviledge and he doesn't attain the ownership of the vehicle. When he doesn't want it anymore he can simply return it and can switch it for a new one. Nobody even on Finance waits until teh K14 is paid off.
there is a mininmum contract of how many payments he has to make usually 2-3 years, he cant just return it or change his mind after 2 monthsbut the only people that are on a finance and change cars on the regular are people on a good salary and do this on cars worth 25K+finance is suitable for people who like to change their cars every 2-3 yearsnot a 19yr on a 14K car unless this guy is earning decent moneyin a years time that car will be reposessed and be up for sale for 7K, True Stories,but thats if he has the car, im guessing he's thinkin of buyin it and lookin for opinions

the car looks nice , not something i would personally purchase thoughhow long did you lot have your 1st car for ?
3 weeks LOLi think you are going to regret buying that for your 1st car. you need a lil cheap run around for your first car. you might not write it off after 3 weeks like me but you are going to get bumps and dents and your gonna curb the wheels. get used to driving solo for a year or so before you spend 14k on a new car

Do you people really think he is going to pay K14Buying a car on finance is just paying for the priviledge and he doesn't attain the ownership of the vehicle. When he doesn't want it anymore he can simply return it and can switch it for a new one. Nobody even on Finance waits until teh K14 is paid off.
there is a mininmum contract of how many payments he has to make usually 2-3 years, he cant just return it or change his mind after 2 monthsbut the only people that are on a finance and change cars on the regular are people on a good salary and do this on cars worth 25K+finance is suitable for people who like to change their cars every 2-3 yearsnot a 19yr on a 14K car unless this guy is earning decent moneyin a years time that car will be reposessed and be up for sale for 7K, True Stories,but thats if he has the car, im guessing he's thinkin of buyin it and lookin for opinions
Contracts are easily negotiable , I have seen contract precedents for Finance for a minimum of 6 months. And you don't have to earn over 25K+ thats not true.Though to an extent I do agree that financing a brand new car for a first time driver is not recommended I still think it's an okay option for someone without many bills and commitments. the average head that earns over 25 has so many bills that after all deductions their fiscal amount is probably the same as a 19 year old living with his mum.Another option would be to finance a second hand almost new car .

And you don't have to earn over 25K+ thats not true.
i dont mean you need to earn 25k i'm talkin about the value of the car, finance is a more suitable arrangement for higher valued cars (25k+)i would only buy a car on finance if it was worth more than 20Kwhen i got my car i considered finance many times but i knew it was beyond my means and it was not the right stepthis is what people do not realise,this credit crunch we are seeing now is beacause of factors like this, people being able to obtain credit easily and then buy a car that is beyond their means of affordabilityAfter 2yrs hard work, i parted with 12k got a nice beemer as my first car, and i'm 21, so all this guy has to do is wait 2 years have a cheap runaround in the meantimenothing wrong with finance but somtimes hard work and saving are the better option

14K and the handbrake dont work, pissedHonda Civic owners warned of flawHonda has written to all Civic drivers in Britain to notify them of problems with faulty handbrakes.The Japanese firm said it was sending out letters to 63,000 drivers of the Swindon-produced car to alert them to the problem.It comes after a number of customer complaints that the handbrake did not stick if applied when pushing the release button.Honda has offered to give customers a new handbrake if they are unhappy.A Honda spokesman said: "We do apologise for any inconvenience to customers."We will be sending out letters to our customers in March and April recommending that they visit their local Honda dealer to get an improved handbrake fitted."The design flaw applies to Civics produced between 2006 and 2007.Honda recommends that owners do not push the release button when using the handbrake, which may result in it not catching.The flaw has been the subject of conversation on internet motoring discussion boards since 2007.

Guest LOGers
Not everybody's wallet has cobwebs and bats like most of you. Finance is the worst option for someone who cannot budget properly or doesn't understand the law of depreciation. Finance is not really that expensive you you really break it down . Buying a car may make you feel better but in the end you are always at a loss and will probably settle for something that somebody bought by finance and threw away. If you are interested in owning a piece of metal that loses value then by all means buy a car. But if you want to have the privilidge of driving a good car thats maintained while paying monthly payments and insurance. I am going to the finance option because My budget is surgical plus I don't want to be burdened with peoples left overs.
Cobwebs and Bats LOL.Funny guy.Why throw money into a succession of cars which you will never own?Terms and conditions on any finance are crippling.You do not, as it looks like you may think, "rent" the car.You are locked into a financial agreement of which there is both a minimum term, and which if you read the smallprint, you are prohibited from doing pretty much anything.If you cant afford it, dont buy it, simple.Too many people trying to live above their means.And "the priviledge of driving a luxury car" yeah?Its a Honda.A 1.4 Honda.
Marlon knows.Your heads in the right place.I will NEVER buy a car on finance. If I can't afford it cash down I'm not buying it simple, no matter how rich I get. It drops in value as soon as I leave the show room, yet I'm still paying the original price tag on it? Foolishness!Every car I've ever bought was cash down.

people are always telling me that fiat puntos are crap, not realiable at all. anyone had bad experiences with puntos ?i was actually thinking about getting one when i got my car but then though nah the lights on the polo look nicer.

people are always telling me that fiat puntos are crap, not realiable at all. anyone had bad experiences with puntos ?i was actually thinking about getting one when i got my car but then though nah the lights on the polo look nicer.
Puntos arent bad. I think people jus exaggerate. Some people have problems, some dont. But its the same with every car. Every car will have their problems.The only problem ive had to date with my punto was my radiator was leaking. But that was only because a screw in one of the pipes was loose and makin the water leak out, so really there was nothing wrong.There are cars much better than puntos tho. As long as it gets me from A to B safely.

lol@ people talking as if finance is a last option bcos ur tight for cash. jeez.people drive 90k cars on finance..i guess they are strapped for cash too. some foolish talk going on
They are probably ina well paid job though right?
thats besides the point, people were explaining finance like its something for people on a budget

Guest PennyTraitor
lol@ people talking as if finance is a last option bcos ur tight for cash. jeez.people drive 90k cars on finance..i guess they are strapped for cash too. some foolish talk going on
They are probably ina well paid job though right?
thats besides the point, people were explaining finance like its something for people on a budget
im pretty sure it was the opposite tbh.

Puntos arent bad. I think people jus exaggerate. Some people have problems, some dont. But its the same with every car. Every car will have their problems.The only problem ive had to date with my punto was my radiator was leaking. But that was only because a screw in one of the pipes was loose and makin the water leak out, so really there was nothing wrong.There are cars much better than puntos tho. As long as it gets me from A to B safely.
yea your right about every car having its problems, not had any major problems with mine yet ( touch wood ) its only 2 years old so it shouldn't get many problems anywaymy brother has got a fiat as his back up car, he says he has had no problems with it either, so i think your right about people exaggerating.