Friends with an ex?

Scott Summers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initially I thought no way, but reccently I've changed my stance.At 1st I cut her out of my life & made a clean break, but after thinking about it I decided to grow up & give it a go. She dont desrve that treatment as shes been nothing but good + im not a yout anymore. This girl is like family to me & we do get on very well. Like we can spend a week together, 24/7 & not argue, so we got the friends part spot on. Problem is i still love her & find myself treating her more than a close friend. & the more time we spend together the stronger my feelings get. Now I find myself catching feelings if she chats about guys & stuff. Normally im cold hearted but this girl gets to me differently. I know this is a problem, but f*ck it, I cant stop it & neither do I want to mellow.gif. Anyway have you man/girls managed to stay good friends with your exs?How would/did you react to them having a new partner?How do I maintain a balance? (if I ever decide to)
Why would u ever speak to your ex iunless you have on goign business deals....As far as I am concerned we broke up....all break ups is because somebody dislikes an aspect of the other...Mostly its a personality...so why would upi ever want to speak to someone when you have already established there are elements of them u dont like

Guest LOGers

As much as I will always have love for my ex being his friend is really not the one...Keeping ''friendly'' with anyone you have surpassed a platonic relationship with only leads to disaster/heartbreak.One of you will ALWAYS catch feelings because both parties will never move on at the same rate. Even though shes like family etc at least there are no hard feelings between the two of you, you've taken what you needed to take from this relationship. Learn from it and move on.If I see my ex in the street I will standardly say hello, he was my backbone for over a year and I have no ill feelings towards him, but for us to now be discussing the people that we went on dates with or whatever is just foolishness.

Initially I thought no way, but reccently I've changed my stance.At 1st I cut her out of my life & made a clean break, but after thinking about it I decided to grow up & give it a go. She dont desrve that treatment as shes been nothing but good + im not a yout anymore. This girl is like family to me & we do get on very well. Like we can spend a week together, 24/7 & not argue, so we got the friends part spot on. Problem is i still love her & find myself treating her more than a close friend. & the more time we spend together the stronger my feelings get. Now I find myself catching feelings if she chats about guys & stuff. Normally im cold hearted but this girl gets to me differently. I know this is a problem, but f*ck it, I cant stop it & neither do I want to mellow.gif. Anyway have you man/girls managed to stay good friends with your exs?How would/did you react to them having a new partner?How do I maintain a balance? (if I ever decide to)
cuz my advice is make a choice one way or the other to be with her or not to be with her"close friends" is not realistic when theres feelins involved, at least not for now anywaycos what you are in now is a form of purgatory ur acting like you dont care but you do, your both acting like your free and single and you can move on but you cant, you both say ur kool with the situation but your notthis is a situation where the longer u leave it the more its liable to get messy

only way you should be good friends with an ex is if your current relationship is like thishttp://www.fliggo.com/video/NTtenBNgim not so i dont have time to be friends with one my girl occupies my time and mind and then some so much so that ex girls dont get a look in and rightly so.if you agree with being friends with an ex boy i sympathize with you i truly do as you clearly AINT gettin everything from your relationship or you aint in one.

Guest LOGers
if you agree with being friends with an ex boy i sympathize with you i truly do as you clearly AINT gettin everything from your relationship or you aint in one.
Pretty much tbh

not that its a factor but if you partner is TRULY giving you that "rush home from work" kinda loving and making you NOT want to roll over after sexWHO THE f*ck EVEN REMEMBERS THEIR EXS NAMEwatching the wire while my girl feeds me popcornplaying halo 3 WITH my girlcooking togetherFRIENDS WITH MY EX FOR WHAT EXACTLY?lmfao

Initially I thought no way, but reccently I've changed my stance.At 1st I cut her out of my life & made a clean break, but after thinking about it I decided to grow up & give it a go. She dont desrve that treatment as shes been nothing but good + im not a yout anymore. This girl is like family to me & we do get on very well. Like we can spend a week together, 24/7 & not argue, so we got the friends part spot on. Problem is i still love her & find myself treating her more than a close friend. & the more time we spend together the stronger my feelings get. Now I find myself catching feelings if she chats about guys & stuff. Normally im cold hearted but this girl gets to me differently. I know this is a problem, but f*ck it, I cant stop it & neither do I want to mellow.gif. How do I maintain a balance? (if I ever decide to)
You've already answered your own question. And deep down, you know this can't run.

Initially I thought no way, but reccently I've changed my stance.At 1st I cut her out of my life & made a clean break, but after thinking about it I decided to grow up & give it a go. She dont desrve that treatment as shes been nothing but good + im not a yout anymore. This girl is like family to me & we do get on very well. Like we can spend a week together, 24/7 & not argue, so we got the friends part spot on. Problem is i still love her & find myself treating her more than a close friend. & the more time we spend together the stronger my feelings get. Now I find myself catching feelings if she chats about guys & stuff. Normally im cold hearted but this girl gets to me differently. I know this is a problem, but f*ck it, I cant stop it & neither do I want to mellow.gif. How do I maintain a balance? (if I ever decide to)
You've already answered your own question. And deep down, you know this can't run.
c/swon't bring you nothing but drama

Guest Smokey
women man i swear to god you like to stand on the edge of the cliff and then when you fall off you wanna blame it on the direction of the windWHAT THE f*ck WAS YOU DOING THERE?
Bars.Dun kno i'm using this one.But i could never be friends with an ex i aint even one to be friends with girls unless they are benefiting me in some way.So i really can't imagine having a friendly conversation with an ex unless it's 10 years after the relationship we could catch up.

its not even truth fam its what i believe certain think their method is the way forward but its too complicated i mean it almost POLITICALyour with a girl and she is friends with her exyou meet this guy and you like him or dont like himand he thinks your a prick or he dont think your a prickand he tries to bang your girl or he dont try but knows he canor you think he is a prick or you just dont like himetc etcdoes all of the above not make you get a bit confused?it ought to cos thats just a tip of how COMPLICATED YOUR MAKING ANY RELATIONSHIP YOUR IN WHEN YA FRIENDS WITH YA EX.MAN UP AND MOVE ON AND STOP HOLDING ON TO OLD FEELINGS AND MAKING EXCUSES TO BE FRIENDSthe classic is when people are friends with their partners familyjoke ting that

the classic is when people are friends with their partners familyjoke ting that
I co-sign everything else you've said on this matter except for the above.This I've found it be ALOT BETTER & I recommend this practise than being friends with an ex.As you know I used to have serious baby mama drama but now its cooled down.Anyway, I'm cool with the mother of my kid's family so in the heat of drama's I'd buy things for the kids & take it to her mums/aunties etc to by pass the drama. Her mum would call me at times just to say hello, her gran mother wanted man to come to JA for holiday & all is blessed. All of it pissed her off yeah but they ain't nothing wrong to me, they know I'm a good person, a good father, an asset even.So unless you mean something else then I don't see nothing wrong with it fam.If you have no kids together or financial attachments (soon as its severed lock it) to each then ALLOW STAYING FRIENDS unless its a LOOOOOOOOOOONG distance thing but even then it's long lol

1. NO2. CUDN'T GIVE A f*ck LESS3. JUST LEAVE IT, NOT ABOUT CATCHING FEELINGS FOR CHICKS UNLESS UR OVER THE AGE OF 21 (NOT ME!!!!!!)