Food/Snack thread

Action Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I just fry up some mackerel with onion and white rice/pasta (depends on what I feel like doing). I'm actaully goign to make some in a little bit.
Don't fry it.Don't have white rice or normal pasta.Straight Tin of Mack on toasted grananry bread when I'm ere, or straight outta the tin.
Yeah, it's all about wholegrain bread and rice. Plus after a while of eating it you won't be able to eat white as it'll taste nasty.
Cranberries
I see you're on the same health thing as me, forcing down cranberries pretending they taste nice.My breakfast is oat porridge with banana, one of the best possible breakfasts.

For people that aren't to worried about complete clean eating and just want some nice tasty protein.Marinate chicken goujons in some bbq sauce, cook them. Clean the bbq sauce off the chicken and add the tiniest dollop of Mayo just so it doesn't dry out and has some onsistency. Eat it out of the tub like this or in a sandwich for the best taste of your life.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fortes fortuna adiuvat
Developing strength & losing fat (especially round the gut) is main goal for Q1 of 2009....Someone give me a suggestion for breakfast meals.
porridge oats with banana >>>>>

• 4 weeks later...

i fry alotbut when i say fry i mean 1 tb spoon of oil just to stop food sticking to the pan. if im cooking onions ill use 1 tb spoon of butter too.usually ill fry:mushroomspeppersonionstomatoesthen add some prawnsthen some balsamic vinegargarlic, salt, peppersome bajan red sauce (delish) for a kicki love good food and could never eat 100% clean. this is just a fact of my life and ive come to terms with it. i still eat very healthily and cook the majority of my meals from scratch with good, fresh ingredients. i try to cut out the carbs (ie bread, pasta).using good oil and good ingredients isn't too bad imo.

• 1 month later...

I have set up a food scheduleBreakfast: Oats or Porridge or Boiled Eggs with some light mayoSnack: Carrot sticks Lunch: Chicken Salad or Tuna PastaSnack: Apples with peanut butterDinner: A Meat stew or soup of some sortWill try this for a while and see how my body reacts to itAnythings in the list that isnt ideal? or possible additions?

• 3 weeks later...

The shopping list im going to my mum this week consists ofcashew nutstunamackerelpeanut butterporridgechicken breast filletsturkey slicescrunchy granola (probably not okay but i am hooked on them)pastawhole grain breadanything i should add?

The shopping list im going to my mum this week consists ofcashew nutstunamackerelpeanut butterporridgechicken breast filletsturkey slicescrunchy granola (probably not okay but i am hooked on them)pastawhole grain breadanything i should add?
Eggs (assuming you didn't just leave them out cos your mum would get them anyway)

Eggs (assuming you didn't just leave them out cos your mum would get them anyway)
yep thought she was gna get them as thats a normaland guess what she didnt lol ran out next day and bought a pack in the morning

• 4 weeks later...

I have hardly stuck to my diet lately. Not enough time in teh day for my studies and managing my diet properly.Right now it's something along the lines of:Breakfast - 3 eggs and 3 pieces of toast with a protein shake or water, but if I'm feeling lazy it's just a Jordan's Country Crisp tingLunch - Chicken Salad baguetteSnack - Muller corner x 2Dinner - 2 big pieces of chicken, a sweet potato, rice and 2 baby avocadosThen weight gainer shake before bed.I will sort it out properly when I finish uni.

My mum has refused to buy any more eggs because she saw 4 yolks in the bin! WTF!? Telling me it's a waste!?Tried reasoning her but she's got that f*ck*ng African mentality.
my dad always screws at me for wastin the boiled yolkshe ate 3 of mine last time when i biled a batch of 4i always eat 1 yolk and throw the rest and yam the whites

Eating enough is such a hassle. Took lunch for myself today (or at least I thought I did). Two chicken and cheese rolls, a tin of mackerel for a mid-morning snack, a packet of crisps to join the mackerel, a nutrigrain for desert at lunch and a banana for before the gym.Ended up buying lunch from the canteine and boxing all that off throughout the day. Gonna make it 4 rolls tomorrow but I'm sure it won't make a difference.

Found a thing that says I you should get a gram of protein for every lb of your weight. Said a guy that weighs about 180lbs should be getting about 200g of protein a day.Written myself a training day food plan and a rest day food plan. Need to figure out what I can have for lunch that has 35g of protein and I can eat it at work so it must take minimal preparation or be transportable and edible cold.So far I have...TRAINING DAYShake (2 scoops) 26gMackerel 17gLUNCH 35gSmart Bar 15gShake (3 scoops) 40gDinner 50gTuna 20gTOTAL 203gREST DAYShake (3 scoops) 40gMackerel 17gLUNCH 35gSmart Bar 15gDinner x 1 45gDinner x 2 30gTuna 20gTOTA L 202gI have generally been having 2 dinners recently. Just out of hunger. I'm starting this next week after my exams so I have a few days to figure out what this lunch can be.