Do You Have To Be A Certain Race/Nationality To Listen To Certain Music?

Stamina Man

Stamina Man I was just playing with my comment before, I knew why you'd started this topic that's why I made that comment.To be honest though, I don't really get why people who arent jamaican would wanna listen to dancehall, imo its not great music and u have to be jamaican to appreciate it imo.The Asian thing is spot on though, you see asians slaying bait 50 cent or 2pac tracks out they're dads bmw and just think "d*cks".
smhIm not Jamo... I like dancehall and reggae.. thus I choose to listen to it... same way I'm not Asian... but you can catch me banging out some bangra.Iss not a ting.
lolreally no need for thatbut then tru u like soca, its all tinpan music to meting ting friggin pang

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stamina Man I was just playing with my comment before, I knew why you'd started this topic that's why I made that comment.To be honest though, I don't really get why people who arent jamaican would wanna listen to dancehall, imo its not great music and u have to be jamaican to appreciate it imo.The Asian thing is spot on though, you see asians slaying bait 50 cent or 2pac tracks out they're dads bmw and just think "d*cks".
smhIm not Jamo... I like dancehall and reggae.. thus I choose to listen to it... same way I'm not Asian... but you can catch me banging out some bangra.Iss not a ting.
lolreally no need for thatbut then tru u like soca, its all tinpan music to meting ting friggin pang
Bangra is live!LOL at tin pan :D

I didnt even see that comment. Most people that cuss Dancehall aint listened properly, especially young White Boys

i agree listen 2 woteva u wantbut at the same time u can obviously see why its funnybit random n slightly irrelevant but rememberin wot u said bout islamthat white ppl should not be muslimsppl should stick to their own religion u saidwhy should ppl not stick to their own music?

i agree listen 2 woteva u wantbut at the same time u can obviously see why its funnybit random n slightly irrelevant but rememberin wot u said bout islamthat white ppl should not be muslimsppl should stick to their own religion u saidwhy should ppl not stick to their own music?
they can stick to their 'own music ' ( whatever that may be ) if they wish to, but they should not then turn round and try and preach to others that listening to other culture's music is a bad thing. ( if that makes any sense )

Listening to Dancehall and not being black is a bit of par TBH.
if a white chick said she listens to dancehall no1 would say sh*t
lol unoThing that kills it is there are white people born and bred in Jamaica... so what coz they're WHITE they can't listen to dancehall nah. kmt.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
lol from theres man like tugga waranddo ur thangmusic is there for everyones appreciation
LMFAO @ THE BARS ON THE DROP
LMAO wifey!

Same When I tell people (aka my asain friends) I listen to it their like :D Oooooo lemme send you a song and see if you know it lol.

Same When I tell people (aka my asain friends) I listen to it their like :D Oooooo lemme send you a song and see if you know it lol.
lol I probs won't know it by name... I don't download coz I dunno who I'm loooking for... so I just watch ZeeMusic more time.Feel free to donate Nat! :D

Because music is something you listen to, it doesn't control you're life, doesn't control what you can and can't do, doesn't tell you what you can and can't do, doesn't put ideas into you're head, and doesn't give you false beliefs.That's the difference between music and religion lol, but you know more time, people have no choice of what religion to follow, because of their patents, Muslim parents wouldn't want their sons or daughters to follow a different religion, or no religion at all.People listen to what music they want by choice, most of the time people follow religion because they don't have much of a say in it.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
Why can't white people be muslim? :D
is this a serious question?its because the hijab can't be taken off in public, meaning that y'all can't suntan.Music is international full stop

is this a serious question?its because the hijab can't be taken off in public, meaning that y'all can't suntan.Music is international full stop
In before the white Muslim says they wear no hijab Don't like them people who follow a religion but don't play by the rules

is this a serious question?its because the hijab can't be taken off in public, meaning that y'all can't suntan.
is that a serious answer?i know a white muslimn yh religion is forced on ppl alot of the time....don't really see how thats an argument towards that "ppl should stick to their own religions" tho

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

allright listen real sh*t anybody who gets offended by asains (or any other group) blasting out bashment. 27th of June we going to have a united blast bangra out of your car sysem day. if you ain't got a whip improvise and play it out of your phone. if you ain't got a phone sing along.I think its true that music will be felt more by the people who invented it (doesn't even need to be race) than others. eg south heads in the usa will feel crunk more than the rest of the world, europeans house, jamaicans dancehall etc. But no you don't need to be a certain nationality/race to feel a certain type of music.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG
is this a serious question?its because the hijab can't be taken off in public, meaning that y'all can't suntan.
is that a serious answer?i know a white muslimn yh religion is forced on ppl alot of the time....don't really see how thats an argument towards that "ppl should stick to their own religions" tho
no i was ramping.

Seen I've seen white muslims About white people can't be muslims :D

Lol the argument was LONG and tbh I don't really care anymore, I keep it to myself because too many people get offended.But this white Muslim you know, bet he smokes and drinks init?

In before the white Muslim says they wear no hijab Don't like them people who follow a religion but don't play by the rules
ur aithest ennit?why would u care if some1 plays by the rules if u kno its bullshit?imo everythin thats taught in the quaran, bible etc can be used as guidelines to make u a "better person".......don't mean u hav 2 follow it scrictly