Academic Thread

Yoshie

Anybody on here ever done Mandarin? How difficult is it?Im thinkin about bringin it into my course but im thinkin it may be pretty difficult
It's very, very difficult.I did some 3 month course in it and got quite proficient to the point where you can make conversation and understand if they slow their speaking down.It's basically about the intonation and the pitch you say something at. The same word can have two or more completely different meanings depending on how it's articulated.Go for it though, if you have a good teacher, it's quite fun to learn. People really don't expect someone not chinese to be able to speak it as well, it's a shock when you open your mouth - doesn't quite match up.

Q whats good*drips some red bull on the wooden flooring and then wipes with sock*You started looking for jobs yet or you on doing your Masters
Lol, I'm starting law conversion in 2 and a half weeks. So got like another 2 years in education before I gets me a job, longness. But its what I want to do, so im gonna work my arse of on the course and doing extra stuff so i place my self in a good position. You been looking for jobs or you on a masters as well?

Q whats good*drips some red bull on the wooden flooring and then wipes with sock*You started looking for jobs yet or you on doing your Masters
Lol, I'm starting law conversion in 2 and a half weeks. So got like another 2 years in education before I gets me a job, longness. But its what I want to do, so im gonna work my arse of on the course and doing extra stuff so i place my self in a good position. You been looking for jobs or you on a masters as well?
Thats a good look.Looking to work for a year and then hopefully do my Master next yearNeed to find a good Uni which has the branch I want to do it in though

How do you apply for your grant?I've applied for my student loan, all going through OK. But I've had no mention of grants yet.I'm certain I'm eligible. Do Student Finance give it to your automatically? Or do you have to apply seperate?
Yeh i rang them up about this, they said because they're so busy they're still processing all the income assessed applications.So you will get your grant but they haven't processed it yet, but they've only give you the loan so you have something to live off untill it's done

found out today that ALL my tight bredrins kicked out of sixth form cos of results. im feeling emotional.
This was me last year, I went from hanging round black people 90% of the time to having to merge with the white crowd. In the end it turned out good though, 'cause I made loads of new friends and still hung out with the others outside school.

found out today that ALL my tight bredrins kicked out of sixth form cos of results. im feeling emotional.
This was me last year, I went from hanging round black people 90% of the time to having to merge with the white crowd. In the end it turned out good though, 'cause I made loads of new friends and still hung out with the others outside school.
yeah but im new to the sixth form so theres already established circles and sh*t.plus theres no white crowd where i am its the indian crowd. the closed off indian crowd. next year is gonna be rough.