Black = Ghetto?

Numero001

Do you know whats jokes? If you lot saw or heard me speak you'd think I was a bounty. Thats why I never call people bounty. I dont do the so-called stereotype stuff but I see no problem with those that do. I'm a proud black man, but I do me. I know how to dress up my speech and dress it down WHEN NEED BE. Certain people cant mix the two.I was gonna make a misconceptions topic based on what people think of me, but they dont know. I'll do that tomorrow still. People think I go for white girls and sound like a white guy. Completely different to what you lot think alie? lol
BANG!! Same here.Certain people don't know how to articulate themselves and they don't understand that that's being ''streetwise'' as well. Reminds me of some eediat from five years ago. We went to some job interview at Boots, I went dressed in a suit and he came in some market Akademiks tracisuit (them A9 ones). He had his interview first and I could hear him shout ing and cursing in slang ''bruv, like why ain't you hiring man, cos I'm Black init blad'', this and that. He didn't even give them his government name.He came out and had the nerve to say that it was a race thing, and I just explained to him that he was giving out the wrong idea presenting himself that way, THEN he said ''nah I'm fron the ends, I ain't selling out, I've been in like 10 job interviews and they don't like the way I talk and how I dress but I aint changing for nobody''.I just told him he won't go far with that and I walked away as my name was called out, THEN I heard ''bounty''. But I was so embarassed for him I didn't even respond, I just turned around, looked at him, shook my head and walked into the other room.
I'd be amazingly pissed off at that. Would be a nigger moment.Didn't actually see the thread title. Things like discipline at home, strong religious morals and respect (especially to elders) and a sense of self identity and preserverance are also associated with black or to be more specific African people, these are all good positive things. Not to mention the other things such as being funny, athletic and talented musically which aren't actually negative things, they only become negative when they are the only things focused on or paid attention to. So no I don't think you can say every Black thing = ghetto....least not African anyway.
So what the hell was you replying to?
The writing not the title
And please refrain from separating Africans from Caribbeans. As we've seen in Tippa's topic its bare Africans getting killed and in the high-profile cases that I've seen its mainly them getting convicted. Kiyan Prince, the Polish lady, the Peckham yute mistaken identity... that African's are good boys is so 90s, when people didnt know that sometimes Africans were called Yardies in the media
I am simply speaking from what I've come into contact with, I know far more Africans than I do Carribs simple but we're all black so I will not seperate, with that out of the way is what I am saying not true?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know whats jokes? If you lot saw or heard me speak you'd think I was a bounty. Thats why I never call people bounty. I dont do the so-called stereotype stuff but I see no problem with those that do. I'm a proud black man, but I do me. I know how to dress up my speech and dress it down WHEN NEED BE. Certain people cant mix the two.I was gonna make a misconceptions topic based on what people think of me, but they dont know. I'll do that tomorrow still. People think I go for white girls and sound like a white guy. Completely different to what you lot think alie? lol
BANG!! Same here.Certain people don't know how to articulate themselves and they don't understand that that's being ''streetwise'' as well. Reminds me of some eediat from five years ago. We went to some job interview at Boots, I went dressed in a suit and he came in some market Akademiks tracisuit (them A9 ones). He had his interview first and I could hear him shout ing and cursing in slang ''bruv, like why ain't you hiring man, cos I'm Black init blad'', this and that. He didn't even give them his government name.He came out and had the nerve to say that it was a race thing, and I just explained to him that he was giving out the wrong idea presenting himself that way, THEN he said ''nah I'm fron the ends, I ain't selling out, I've been in like 10 job interviews and they don't like the way I talk and how I dress but I aint changing for nobody''.I just told him he won't go far with that and I walked away as my name was called out, THEN I heard ''bounty''. But I was so embarassed for him I didn't even respond, I just turned around, looked at him, shook my head and walked into the other room.
I'd be amazingly pissed off at that. Would be a nigger moment.Didn't actually see the thread title. Things like discipline at home, strong religious morals and respect (especially to elders) and a sense of self identity and preserverance are also associated with black or to be more specific African people, these are all good positive things. Not to mention the other things such as being funny, athletic and talented musically which aren't actually negative things, they only become negative when they are the only things focused on or paid attention to. So no I don't think you can say every Black thing = ghetto....least not African anyway.
So what the hell was you replying to?
The writing not the title
And please refrain from separating Africans from Caribbeans. As we've seen in Tippa's topic its bare Africans getting killed and in the high-profile cases that I've seen its mainly them getting convicted. Kiyan Prince, the Polish lady, the Peckham yute mistaken identity... that African's are good boys is so 90s, when people didnt know that sometimes Africans were called Yardies in the media
I am simply speaking from what I've come into contact with, I know far more Africans than I do Carribs simple but we're all black so I will not seperate, with that out of the way is what I am saying not true?
Minus the African bit then yeah, youre right. So now you see what I'm saying about black being more than colour yeah? I'm from Jamaican background, youre African/African background yet we still have common ground. We are all from the same places originally, so things will trickle through generations. Well they did anyway. All that will come to an abrupt end next gen. 2012 is very real.

:lol: I'd have found it very funny, from start to finish of meeting him to him calling me bounty.People with no sence make me feel sick.

i would call durty bounty if he gets called nigger by his white friends and 'laughs it off'. if you cannot find it within yourself to correct them as your friends, then you dont know your roots as much as you claim, and its probably one of many other WTF things that occur in your relationship with them. hey this is only going by what YOU have said or how you come across

Tbh I don't see how the term babymama is degrading or ghetto... it's just slang. Plus I wouldn't say its something only blk people say... hell theres even a movie called babymama and all of the cast are white.
Yeah because they're taking the PISS.Baby mama has negative connotations to it because it basically implies that a breh sprayed your womb, got you pregnant, left and didnt think you were worth it to make a real commitment to you.Baby Mama = What man calls any thing who is no more special than a link that they knocked up and dont view them as good enough to settle with/wife off/be with seriously/marry etc.Baby Daddy = The term that some gal use to describe (and to try and make it sound better) a man who they let buss in them rawback and get them pregnant with no real commitment. When it comes down to the real NITTY GRITTY, that is what each of these terms really means. Dont kid yourselves if you think they mean anything else, because they dont.I dont care how you PC motherf*ckers try and spin it, 'baby mama' and 'baby daddy' have negative connotations to them, and rightly so.And also, these terms are racially ambiguous, meaning they apply to anyone, man or woman, black, white, or green.Its bait the people in this thread whose own mums are someones 'baby mama' :lol: Foul.

Numero, what is with the whol 2012 thing??!?
Thats when Black people as we know will be extinct. Everyone will have intergrated into normal society and the journey to being classed as English will be fully on course
Tbh I don't see how the term babymama is degrading or ghetto... it's just slang. Plus I wouldn't say its something only blk people say... hell theres even a movie called babymama and all of the cast are white.
Exactly what I'm saying. It's deemed "ghetto" or bad 'cause it's something black IMO. I've never heard a white person say it.

Yeah because they're taking the PISS.Baby mama has negative connotations to it because it basically implies that a breh sprayed your womb, got you pregnant, left and didnt think you were worth it to make a real commitment to you.Baby Mama = What man calls any thing who is no more special than a link that they knocked up and dont view them as good enough to settle with/wife off/be with seriously/marry etc.Baby Daddy = The term that some gal use to describe (and to try and make it sound better) a man who they let buss in them rawback and get them pregnant with no real commitment. When it comes down to the real NITTY GRITTY, that is what each of these terms really means. Dont kid yourselves if you think they mean anything else, because they dont.I dont care how you PC motherf*ckers try and spin it, 'baby mama' and 'baby daddy' have negative connotations to them, and rightly so.And also, these terms are racially ambiguous, meaning they apply to anyone, man or woman, black, white, or green.Its bait the people in this thread whose own mums are someones 'baby mama' :lol: Foul.
At most, they can be deemed bad becuase the person you have your child with is meant to be the one you get married to and build a happy home with. It's nothing to do with "yeah man breeded that," like its some prize catch as you will lead people to believe. There's no problem with it being bad because of the the reason I have stated, but calling it "ghetto" as an exchange word for black, like say it doesnt happen in middle-class white society is a joke.It's more than an ex, so you dont really call her ex.Mama = Mother, Baby well = baby. Put them together and its baby mother. If you want to draw it out, "the mother of you child."
Some girl in my year once called JME -rudeboy Music. Straight plainfaced that
Thats a next one that I was gonna call up, but thats usually from white people to black, and I didnt want a race clash, just sort out this self-hate black-on-black sh*t first.

If I was one of those females you mentioned I'd take offence to being labelled 'baby mama' sounds sooo degrading and GHETTO.anyway as you were...
Attitude is a next thing. Like on a real, I think the lines are blurred between attitude and speaking up for yourself (outspoken). This next piece relates to a topic I was meant to make earlier but forgot. People consider me to be rude or have an attitude problem, but its not that at all. I have very good manners to those who show me manners. However, if I dont like you or something you did, I will (your gonna call it ghetto) "tell you about yourself."
Have noticed this as well.Alot of times I will hear black folks say ' Why is he going on ghetto & loud' and the fact that most other races i find it intimidating is one of the reasons IMO. But i you ask yourself is there really anything wrong in someone speaking for what he stands for & doesnt tolerate

Thats when Black people as we know will be extinct. Everyone will have intergrated into normal society and the journey to being classed as English will be fully on course
Extinct?!?!?!? come off it LMFAO.and do you see what you said, how everyone will have intergrated into NORMAL society. Anyways, once you move to a country you adopt that culture and keep your own, sooner or later down the line whilst you may still know about your culture your kids kids etc will be more english in culture then you would have been.

Extinct?!?!?!? come off it LMFAO.and do you see what you said, how everyone will have intergrated into NORMAL society. Anyways, once you move to a country you adopt that culture and keep your own, sooner or later down the line whilst you may still know about your culture your kids kids etc will be more english in culture then you would have been.
I was remaining politically correct. We are already in normal society, I meant lose their roots (slightly less politically correct). Extinct is maybe not the wrong word but you should get the point.

I just feel people try to hard to disassociate themselves from a lot of so-called negative black stereotypes that arent neccessarily bad, but are portrayed as bad, such as names and tracksuits.
I think this is the main issue here, understand that black people disassociate themselves from negative black sterotypes [rezable]which are enforced by the government to oppress blacks. [/rezable] to escape them and their negative consequences. But most do not realise that the way to overcome these sterotypes are to embrace them rather than disown them.

:D:huh: Ok so just because its slang, its cool? To be honest I would like to hear more female opinions on this matter... or would they all feel comfortable (like Soca Junkie) being a labelled a babymama, having already read about the bad connotations attached to the term?again for me it's not a case of me losing sight of my 'blackness'... I just personally think the term is unappropriate in todays society where black people on a whole already have many bad stereotypes as it is. If the female or male value his or her partner... then whats wrong with saying The Mother/Father of my child?

Sorry, I'd like to clarify something. Me saying I never call people bounty, is not totally true. If you are a black man that gets f*cked and is on some self-hate mission, you are a bounty. If you like white girls, but dont hate black girls there's no problem. If you think that black girls are worse than the bottom of your shoe, youre a bounty.Same as friends and them things. I made a mistake, mainly 'cause what David said threw me off. If you speak appropiately and know how to dress up your not a bounty. That was mainly what I meant. I dont call them people bounties. Bounties self-hate.I dont call bounty by what others call bounty is what I mean

I just feel people try to hard to disassociate themselves from a lot of so-called negative black stereotypes that arent neccessarily bad, but are portrayed as bad, such as names and tracksuits.
I think this is the main issue here, understand that black people disassociate themselves from negative black sterotypes [rezable]which are enforced by the government to oppress blacks. [/rezable] to escape them and their negative consequences. But most do not realise that the way to overcome these sterotypes are to embrace them rather than disown them.
White people do it too, in america anyways they distance themselves from the stereotypes of "white trash" names etc. Tracksuits and Names arent a "Black thing" anyways, as long as black people arent distancing themselves from their actual background/heritage then i dont see the problem. What other things do people disassociate themselves from that arent negative??!?

White people do it too, in america anyways they distance themselves from the stereotypes of "white trash" names etc. Tracksuits and Names arent a "Black thing" anyways, as long as black people arent distancing themselves from their actual background/heritage then i dont see the problem. What other things do people disassociate themselves from that arent negative??!?
You know a white girl called Shaquisha? I've already stated that tracksuits arent a black thing, but in this instance I'm talking from a black perspective.Just 'cause white people do it, doesnt make it right. I'm just talking about black people, not anyone else, but I hear your point. White people dont have the problems that black's do over here as far as crime. The longer you try to distance yourself from the "lower" ones and classing them as outcasts, the more neglected they become, thus leading to this crime problem not being solved IMO.I mean IMO people are distancing themselves from the flippin homeland. Check the various holiday topics and tell me how many people are going back to their country this year? But check how many people are going to America which is most prob the same sort of price range. See what I'm saying?How many people actually know the difference between a dutch pot and a regular pot? I see more people trying to embrace other backgrounds than theirs. Moretime they cuss their own but dont actually see it as that

Black stereotypes are products of our heritage, that's why when I witness these types of discrim it makes me sick. I cant even watch bbc news it's that deep.

Baby mama is acceptable.It is shortened from baby's mother, as a brain with a spec of common sense could detect.It's not sexist or degrading in that way shape or form.The only reason it is slightly disrepectful is because you aren't referring to the baby ma by her name.

The baby mother issue:My Brother died in May (rip), he has a different DAD to me. About a week ago, his mother saw my mother at the gym. His mother was with some of her people.She introduced my mother to her people as my dad's baby mother. My mum didn't like that so she corrected her on the spot as said, '' No, I'm Elliott's mother'' They all know who i am and what my name is so i'm quite confused why she chose to say 'My dad's babymother'' instead of Elliott's mother.Now obviously there are negative connotations with the term Baby mother and i don't think she meant it in that way. She and her family are Turkish, and they don't all know ''Black'' and specifically ''Caribbean/Jamaican'' Culture as they also didn't quite understand the whole 9 nights thing for funerals and us rejoicing and celebrating life after my Brother had just died ( i think there mourning as Muslims are more sombre, don't quote me though), they are still getting to grips with certain traditions and ways etc. Anyway, i see where and why my Mother corrected her because to be technical yes she is the mother of my dad's 1st baby (man's no baby anymore, obv, im 21!) but she ain't his Baby Mother so to speak. All in all just be careful who you say the word to because different people view the term differently. Me personally, i understand what a younger person says when they say ''BabyMother'', but at the same time ignorance is NOT bliss and you will offend someone and you should take the time to understand why they may feel offended, same with the word Nigger etc. That's all folks.Keep discussing...