I CAME FROM NOTHING © - NEWS

icamefromnothing

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo, How did you start up with this T shirt ting? Setup costs and all that, and how much is it costing you right now?
Wellgreat question m8.I have been a graphic designer for a few companies over the last 10 years, about 2 years ago I got pissed off working for a big company, so f it I left, and started djing in clubs ( i was a dj in the early 90s ), I then thought about what I can do as well as djing. Plus I also wantd tee that were unique and not it every stupid shop in town - like - OSAKA and even BAPE or BBC. ( edit. I have over 30 bape, supreme etc tee & hoodies for sale )I started off with KUSTOMSNEEKS hand painting sneakers and tees. With £10SC7W5dJlyj98GOuShbbJNLu9yNPYmM6Z.jpgGs-8EYvx2j8g0UjNh1JtiORcOTKGHS9C.jpgplus I also printed this tee by handmH6Flt_zwT-syjDYest2pIFlHiU_ppgf.jpgYFhYbutasj8KX57XMGYgvoBU6LDZmcXP.jpg---- a few of my sneakers.......aMZJwlh5tj-ZhXuIBO7Jgz0gpyaMsU6z.jpg-------------------------Then I made this design... BRUCE LEE and had it screen printed with my first £150 i made from the hand printed teesduSGTuno4z8JXVSqReiZHHyf_RAx26GG.jpg--------------------------Then I set up my new store www.icamefromnothing.com and found many ways to make tees - stencils, screen, DTG etcand put my head down and went design crazy and made 20+ designs in 3 months. I do all design, web, promo, emails etc--------------------------I also setup a new site called www.creativedirectory101.com to spread all the word on all my contatcs - printers, designers etc-------------------------Im now working on new designs and with other artists on new stuff, spending as much as i can make to make my sh*t better.peace...

The way this guy, is always bumping this thread pisses me off (no hate thou)
why?? because he actually put the work into starting and promoting his own clothing line instead of the 99.9% of people who talk big, but dont follow through??dem bitter 'talk the talk but dont walk the walk' bastards deyahthread starter = brapnino = sap:arrow:

why?? because he actually put the work into starting and promoting his own clothing line instead of the 99.9% of people who talk big, but dont follow through??dem bitter 'talk the talk but dont walk the walk' bastards deyahthread starter = brapnino = sap:arrow:
told

lool.rez u wasteman

don't like the T'sand I don't like the way ur biting supremeespecially as I have alot of supreme garms myselfbut still i respect the way u've handled urself on herealot of guys would of crumbled, u stayed proffessional, good work.
im not like his defence attorney but hes not biting supreme, hes takin the piss... not the 1st one too either but stil...and Supreme bit/is influenced by barbara kruger.

don't like the T'sand I don't like the way ur biting supremeespecially as I have alot of supreme garms myselfbut still i respect the way u've handled urself on herealot of guys would of crumbled, u stayed proffessional, good work.
cool m8, yeah I also have many supreme tees, I did get a bit pissed at the last campaign, lazy ass mothers, taking a pic of kermit and selling it lmao.There are hugely talented designer in the world who struggle every day to produce designs, illustrations etc that are out of this world and get no where.Other lines that are wack - BBC, Bape, The hundreds and many others, have lazy ass sh*t for sale and sell millions...wheres the sence in that.The public dont know sh*t......lemings jumping off a cliff.................................ps I have over 40 ( 100% original tees with bags 0 baught from Concept store HK ) such like tee from the brands i mentioned above that I want to sell - im an XL and would sell as a bulk lot for much less than retail, tees inc hand printed BAPE nigo ape head, plus I have a couple of zippers as well.peace

The Hundreds is fly.
I have quite a few Hundreds tees from last year and b4 that, but I was in a store yesterday and saw the new line - damn shitty fonts slapped on tees, with super hero shield level rubber cheap ass prints - who wants to be captain america - the inks where so thick the tees couldnt bend.http://thehundredsstore.3dcartstores.com/H..._612-28738.html

Supreme been doing the same sh*t for ages. Don't act like last years Kermit was any different. There have been loads of photo/box tees over the years so how is it any "lazier".I have always liked The Hundreds. Fair enough some of their tee designs aren't too my liking but their lines hit way more than they miss. I talking specifically about their cut and sew range.To be honest, i respect you hustle but i don't feel a lot of your stuff (its a little inconsistent and some of the spoofs are 2 years late).good luck to you though, you got the right mindset.

The Hundreds is fly.
I have quite a few Hundreds tees from last year and b4 that, but I was in a store yesterday and saw the new line - damn shitty fonts slapped on tees, with super hero shield level rubber cheap ass prints - who wants to be captain america - the inks where so thick the tees couldnt bend.http://thehundredsstore.3dcartstores.com/H..._612-28738.html
I also have quite a few hundreds tees from last year and b4 that.So what?Even if they have one bad run, it dosen't make the label a bad one, and certainly not one that can be lumped with BBC.I happen to think that the Hundreds new direction is good. Their cut & sew shirts and nice & good quality, so are their jeans. The subtle stitching and cut are both second to none. I never buy these Tee's with a million cluttered icons & designs on (some of yours have that quality), but in terms of simple designs, The Hundreds has always been good. Plus their quality has been flawless over the years.

The Hundreds is fly.
I also have quite a few hundreds tees from last year and b4 that.So what?Even if they have one bad run, it dosen't make the label a bad one, and certainly not one that can be lumped with BBC.I happen to think that the Hundreds new direction is good. Their cut & sew shirts and nice & good quality, so are their jeans. The subtle stitching and cut are both second to none. I never buy these Tee's with a million cluttered icons & designs on (some of yours have that quality), but in terms of simple designs, The Hundreds has always been good. Plus their quality has been flawless over the years.
Hi there cool, I hear what your saying, when I looked at the store there is mre than just the tacky tees that most people carry, thats what happens when you make money and have good team ( im just me trying to make it lol - so some times my designs are a bit not realy me but trying to fit with the market to try and get some income, If i had investment etc I could sit back and make my style and take time over it, rather than trying to make a buck - Im not just trying to make a buck, but make a solid brand, which will take time, these guys take years to get there mojo on lol ).Personaly I love - Surrender, Sillything, Alife and stores like http://www.colette.frhttp://www.wesoldout.comhttp://www.cmonwealth.comhttp://www.kawsone.com ------ kaws is amazing even though his stuff is basic and easy to do

• 2 weeks later...