• Sega Mega Drive II
    • Super Nintendo

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sega's best game involved you just holding down the right direction button and watching the pretty lights. f*ck Sonic.
Exactly, I never ever understood the hype with Sonic. Especially when you start comparing it to Super Mario World.The depth of Super Mario World was ridiculous, you could clock it but you weren't serious if you hadn't done star world.

Calm down Sega heads, I was lucky enough to have both.And the SNES was by far the best. Lets break it down for the main game genres.Best Footy GameISS Deluxe, no game could come close. Sick amanimation, even had partial commentary, speech on a CARTRIDGE.Best Fighting GameStreet Fighter, this was by the far one of the main reasons a lot of ppl got a SNES. The SNES pad was ideal for it. DOWN, R, UP, L, Y, B for ten stars.Best Platform GameDonkey Kong Country, where do I start with this game. The graphics were the best seen on a cartridge, the music was excellent as well. One of the best games everSuper Mario World, also gets a shout. Had me playing for hours, took me time to complete the Star Road and get all 98 levels.Best RPG GameZelda, NUFF SAID.Sega had its moments, but overall SNES was much better. The pad was one of the best and it had the top games. And even when you compare games mostly it would look better on the SNES, street fighter being a prime example. Street Fighter on the mega drive was awful.

Sega's best game involved you just holding down the right direction button and watching the pretty lights. f*ck Sonic.
The way I was reading through wondering if it's only me that saw Sonic for that. Game was sh*t.SNES was so much better than Mega Drive. Mega Drive pad was sh*t, the dusty black console looked sh*t, the graphics were quite cool I'll give it that, but it was good console. SNES was a great console. Overall though this was the most important generation in Gaming history. Thank God I was at the right age to experience it properly. Who knew about the first FIFA where you go to the byline, shoot and it hit the post (both a lot of the time) then went in? That was jokes. Striker and ISS Deluxe were the most emotional football games. Cruyff turn and kick-ups used to get buss all the time on ISS. I used to have to go to my neighbours house to play that game (dem poverty days).SNES also had the best Cricket game ever and the best tennis game until Virtua Tennis but I cant remember either games name.

Oh sh*t, getting 100 rings and getting Super Sonic for 1st time>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Oh what a feeling!
50 rings
And Im pretty sure you couldnt just get 50 rings and become super sonic.Who remembers the code?4,1,2,6 yeah
nahh i aint sayin jus get 50 ringsbut wen u cud b super sonic it was 50 ringsto b super sonic u need 2 get all chaos emeraldsor there was a code

Oh sh*t, getting 100 rings and getting Super Sonic for 1st time>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Oh what a feeling!
50 rings
And Im pretty sure you couldnt just get 50 rings and become super sonic.Who remembers the code?4,1,2,6 yeah
nahh i aint sayin jus get 50 ringsbut wen u cud b super sonic it was 50 ringsto b super sonic u need 2 get all chaos emeraldsor there was a code
Never had the patience to chase the bloody chaos emeralds plus it was only sonic so it was codes for me

i was a Mega Drive guy, but i aint gonna get all territorial about it and say mine was better, i think the numbers dictated which was the more successfulthat aside i can't back the people saying Mega Drive was waist just to boost morale in the SNES campSonic was never sh*t, had game play Mario just didnt have, but then the Mario had so much depth to it. Mario Kart gotta be one of the best multiplayer games ever.Street Fighter was on both so that argument is irrelevent IMO, i had turbo championship edition like everyone elseyou guys have actually inspired me to dust off my PS3 and get back on GTA4 tho, thanks

I try not to be a gaming snob but there really is no competition. It's SNES for me all the way. The variation and support it had was immense. These young people today really don't understand how deep the war was between Nintendo and Sega. I always imagined teaming up Nintendo with McDonalds and Coca Cola, and Sega with Burger King and Pepsi. These products had the feeling that Nintendo/McDonalds etc. was family-friendly, safe but had a MAINSTREAM appeal, while Sega/Pepsi made and effort to be cool and edgy.But yeah, I go with Nintendo and there is no reason for me to choose Sega over it, although they did create some wonderful games.

I never even bought a Mega Drive, used to rent one every now and then.Here's a good example of what I thought:Game Boy - huge library of good games, green graphics but reliableGame Gear - huge brick, basically a portable Mega Drive, so was still cool, COLOUR GRAPHICS but could only last for something stupide like half an hour on batteries.

i was a Mega Drive guy, but i aint gonna get all territorial about it and say mine was better, i think the numbers dictated which was the more successfulthat aside i can't back the people saying Mega Drive was waist just to boost morale in the SNES campSonic was never sh*t, had game play Mario just didnt have, but then the Mario had so much depth to it. Mario Kart gotta be one of the best multiplayer games ever.Street Fighter was on both so that argument is irrelevent IMO, i had turbo championship edition like everyone elseyou guys have actually inspired me to dust off my PS3 and get back on GTA4 tho, thanks
Snes sold more if memory servers me coreect

Sonic was never sh*t, had game play Mario just didnt have, but then the Mario had so much depth to it.Street Fighter was on both so that argument is irrelevent IMO, i had turbo championship edition like everyone else
Gameplay wise I don't see how Sonic has anything that Mario doesn't.Playing beat em ups on the Mega Drive was the main reason it was a dud console to me, three buttons wasn't enough.