Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

Anyone know where I can look for a football coaching job or know anyone that mid need some part time help with coaching kids at football? Go my level 1 and know emergency aid. Want a little part time money alongside this retail job.

Anyone know where I can look for a football coaching job or know anyone that mid need some part time help with coaching kids at football? Go my level 1 and know emergency aid. Want a little part time money alongside this retail job.

One of my boys was telling me about some summertime soccer camps, ill get further deets off him later

over the past few months i have easily banged out about between 15-30 job applications a week for a variety of jobs/industries

the recruitment agent showed me how many people were applying for this one role advertised, 200-300 people at that point and the applications keep coming

he said that that one company is basically their bread and butter and that if they didnt have them (expanding in this recession) theyd be in a sh*t

he said employment isn't picking up, but it might in the second half of the year

i actually had a trial for a minimum wage job in a kitchen on the weekend, apparently there were 5 other people doing a trial over the weekend, surprised they havnt phoned me

the trial was 3 hours unpaid, and the woman tried to make me work another hour because of her lack of organisation

point is, u have to be relentless

• Upvote 2

Guest M12 Part 2

Also remember the amount of quality applications will probably be about a quarter of the amount of applications. Don't let numbers put you off. Just make yours one of the better ones.

Also remember the amount of quality applications will probably be about a quarter of the amount of applications. Don't let numbers put you off. Just make yours one of the better ones.

yh thats true

when the agent rang me after i sent my cv: he goes thanks for sending a cover letter and explanation and how my cv is well presented

i wonder what other people are actually doing

over the past few months i have easily banged out about between 15-30 job applications a week for a variety of jobs/industries

the recruitment agent showed me how many people were applying for this one role advertised, 200-300 people at that point and the applications keep coming

he said that that one company is basically their bread and butter and that if they didnt have them (expanding in this recession) theyd be in a sh*t

he said employment isn't picking up, but it might in the second half of the year

i actually had a trial for a minimum wage job in a kitchen on the weekend, apparently there were 5 other people doing a trial over the weekend, surprised they havnt phoned me

the trial was 3 hours unpaid, and the woman tried to make me work another hour because of her lack of organisation

point is, u have to be relentless

pos for the drive.

jobs are few, people are plentiful. sometimes we forget that we are competing in a market where we are selling ourselves. those who arent hungry enough or dont have enough drive wont get up in the pecking order.

it is what it is.

went bbc hq yesterday, finale part of the interview process, it was pressure but i managed to style it out, get a phone call today,well they actually called me yesterday evening on witheld , i was drivin at the time, so i wasnt to know it was them, get a missed call whilst im drivin to work this morning, again witheld, im thinkin hmm is it them ? could it be ? so soon ? so i check my email at work, its them sayin they tryna call me, contact this number asap, i do and i start on monday oh hell yeaaaaaaa

i feel amazing, they wanted me to start earlier but i told them i have to give a weeks notice at my current workplace.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

yh man

like i say im applying for a range of jobs

admin/call centres for the short term, so i can make money with immediate effect

and engineering related positions at the same time

i had a good job from 08 to october 2010 but got laid off due to cuts

so this is where i am now

the call centre is only taking me on temp for the first month or so because they don't think i will want to stay given my background

had to gass them up about how i love customer service and im a people person and my friends would describe me as caring lol

makes me feel like im sellin out my profession but im just trying to make money

• Upvote 2

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

went bbc hq yesterday, finale part of the interview process, it was pressure but i managed to style it out, get a phone call today,well they actually called me yesterday evening on witheld , i was drivin at the time, so i wasnt to know it was them, get a missed call whilst im drivin to work this morning, again witheld, im thinkin hmm is it them ? could it be ? so soon ? so i check my email at work, its them sayin they tryna call me, contact this number asap, i do and i start on monday oh hell yeaaaaaaa

i feel amazing, they wanted me to start earlier but i told them i have to give a weeks notice at my current workplace.

congrats man, whats the role?

l

yh man

admin/call centres for the short term, so i can make money with immediate effect

the call centre is only taking me on temp for the first month or so because they don't think i will want to stay given my background

had to gass them up about how i love customer service and im a people person and my friends would describe me as caring lol

lol i know all about that when u have to chat sh*t about how customer service is your passion , the job i am in now, at the interview i remember chatting about how its my vocation to provide customer service, i was born to do this job like wtf seriously lol , its like your driving test, an interview, u chat the talk how you drive like a perfectionist on a test, but once u get the job, u never gonna be talkin like that again until your next interview.

Guest Esquilax

Lulu I'm happy for you and everything, genuinely, but will you PLEASE tell us what you'll be doing, I swear we've all asked more than once over the past few weeks

COME *ON*

its various roles

planning co -oridnater is one of them, then i could be doing the finance working costs the next day, anyways already said it in this thread before, recruiting as the majority of the bbc media locations nationwide atm are relocating to media city, for example, there is gonna be no more bbc studios on oxford road, manchester by the end of the year, as everything is getting relocated to media city instead.

the salary is decent

yh man

thats good that your tryin to get side work until you get a proper engineering job. looks better on the CV as appose to sitting around and like you said it gets you a bit of cash.

you aint selling out at all imo. if your still trying to get an engineering job then it cant hurt to get money from a side job until you get one.

as for the gassin, that all part of the art. you gotta do what you gotta do.