Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

Guest M12 Part 2

who can suggest a good site that has insight onb various industry sectors

anyone here work in construction management?

I know a couple people that do this. It's a decent job but I could never do it. Fick being outside all day in this weather and hours are usually 7-6 kinda tings. You have to enjoy that whole "lad" culture as well because on site everyone you meet will be working class White boys or foreign labour.

Heard some relatively good news last night from my boy. So one of the managers responsible for getting rid of me from Hackney Council whilst I was holiday has left Hackney Council, and she was the person that looked at all applications for admin in Children and Young Peoples Services, meaning as soon as my name came through even if I was shortlisted on skill and my application, she sees my name and it's automatic dead off. So I can actually go back to Hackney and get a job.

Problem?

There are no vacancies at all on the website :lol:

Time to keep looking.

Have you been on Mars for the past year mate?

lol

the likehood of any jobs in that sector to come up is very minute,

at Haringey Council, it hasn't been confirmed yet, but it looks likes all employee's will have their contraacts will be terminated,made redundant or offered voluntery redundancy. w

then the posts will open to those who want to re-apply,

looking like 75% cuts.

Haringey is quite badly affected, but other areas are facing similar things

Guest Awesome Kong

Have you been on Mars for the past year mate?

lol

the likehood of any jobs in that sector to come up is very minute,

at Haringey Council, it hasn't been confirmed yet, but it looks likes all employee's will have their contraacts will be terminated,made redundant or offered voluntery redundancy. w

then the posts will open to those who want to re-apply,

looking like 75% cuts.

Haringey is quite badly affected, but other areas are facing similar things

f*cked!!!

http://sh.webhire.com/servlet/av/jd?ai=736&ji=2513620&sn=I

Job Description: Creative Writer

The Position

The Institute of Ismaili Studies, London (IIS) seeks a creative writer to write a historical narrative on the civilisation of Islam for secondary level students (ages 12-15 years) as part of its curriculum development programme for young adults.

The curriculum covers Muslim contributions to literature, philosophy, science, technology, medicine, art, architecture and other fields throughout the ages. The materials seek to inspire and challenge young adults in the faith, history, ethics, thought and cultures of Muslim peoples world-wide.

Key responsibilities will include writing an engaging and inspiring historical narrative for 12-15 year olds on Muslim civilisations that brings to life Muslim cultural and intellectual achievements throughout the ages. The writer will be provided with detailed outlines, research materials and a scholarly narrative.

Kompressor, I was merely stating how funny it was the moment I could actually get a job there are none. I worked at Hackney Council for 10 months and budget cuts were already in talks/motion before this review came to light.

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

Nope, not at all

been working in admin/accounts roles and offices all my working life

id say research what the role entails then straight out lie

if you can do the stuff thats needed that is

i have

its good at first, but gets pretty soul destroying like most call centre jobs

people always think you want to sell them something and you have to explain that you don't

or they go 'HOW DID U GET MY NUMBER, IM EX-DIRECTORY'

kinda hurtful if they get bored half way through an then that counts as no survey

its good in a way because they tend not to give you targets that are too hard, and if u miss them u miss them

as call centres go its ok to do for a few months or part time, easy money

and once uve been in one of them, if u ever need to do a call centre job again u can apply for inbound which is more money and less arduous

6 1/2 hours in a call centre... is that realistic?

cos iam actually debating right now wether to go in today or not

if i dont then i get the sack....hmmmmmmm

what do u mean, is that your shift? it is realistic, long as u get ur 10 minute breaks

if u want the money, go in

i rather be on the phones then on my feet

that was the shift, the thing is theres no 10 minute breaks

the whole shift is 7 hrs with one 30 minute break or 2 15 mins

£7.25 p/h aswell but f*ck it

what do u mean, is that your shift? it is realistic, long as u get ur 10 minute breaks

if u want the money, go in

i rather be on the phones then on my feet

Are you being serious?

Anything is better than call centre work. Tommy look for something better ASAP.

Guest M12 Part 2

Was just about to post. Thats pretty much what recruitment consultants do. Good luck to getting people to pay you though. Dropping fake references means you have no legal comeback if someone don't pay. A d they could claim they had no knowledge you were going to lie on their cv.

quite a number of graduates where i work, some guy insists on having his name then Ba Honours in brackets as his signature on email.. after working there for a few weeks, meeting people, ive realised im one of the youngas , im kinda priviledged to be working there though cos i think they took a wild card risk on me as i aint gona lie, i have not got half as much experience nor the qualifications as the majority of people who work there.

the people are cool though, and its not a strict enviroment either, kinda chilled out but stressful workload at the same time.

p.s Bring on the media city moveeeeee, that should be cool when it all comes togetha, gonna be hectic though