Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

Guest 11 Bills

such a motivation killer when you put major work into an application, go to interviews then dont get offered anything, so f*cked, especially when u really like the role aswell and everything seems to be going fine

yeah didn't get the internship, think this summer I'm just gonna do a bunch of projects, I'm not really interested in any other internships that I've seen and haven't already applied for, might as well just build up my portfolio

Same

Gonna try find a money-maker and just concentrate on Nupemag work

W've got a hook up with a terrestial channel to shoot a documentary too, hopefully everything falls in place

• Upvote 3

Pos^^

Finished my internship on Thursday. No job opportunities came by but they've told me to keep in touch. I've left there with enough contacts for when I start up my own line and someone there has put me in touch with someone who works @ Nicole Farhi if I want to do an internship there.

I've been asked to make a couple of wedding dresses as well so that should keep me busy till mid-summer.

• Upvote 2

Kirklees council apprenticeships I just missed but new applications should be starting before dec hopfully... Spesh as public sector getting a terrible time at month .I've looked everywhere but if anyone knows of any council apprenticeships please message me ...seems it only my local council at month that I've found recruiting but fingers crossed thanks

this is f*ckin odd

Dear David,

My name is L*** M*****. I am a manager of P***** Wines Company.

P***** Wines Co. opens a vacancy of sales representative in Manchester.

We have reviewed your CV on a recruitment website and would like to offer you this position.

If you would like to apply for this job offer please fill in a registration form at our website http://************.com .

You can find the form in the section "Vacancies" along with some useful information about the position.

After you fill in the form we will contact you by phone within the next couple of days to describe the job in details

If you have any questions about job offer, terms or conditions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, I will assist you at any step of recruiting process. I would be very glad to see you in our team and wish you good luck.

never even looked at this job, in my whole life ive had 1 sip of wine so I dont know why they think Im interested in this, i think the CV theyre reffering to is the one I have on Jobsite, Ive applied for a few things there.

never have I had this before I dont even know what to make of it

and I dont really trust a company that has this kind of wordplay on their site

wine-1.jpg

- thought this also .seemed a tad jokey and unprofessional

Not doing anymore overtime at Apple. Hate the place too much that even though I will struggle to make ends meet I will go without working extra days. Literally using every day off to hammer out at least 10 applications a day. Need a new job ASAP.

Guest Swiftie

Not doing anymore overtime at Apple. Hate the place too much that even though I will struggle to make ends meet I will go without working extra days. Literally using every day off to hammer out at least 10 applications a day. Need a new job ASAP.

What's the discount saying?

sh*t. I used my biggest discount discount (27%) for my sister's macbook and I only have one per year. I have two more friend's and family discounts (17%) that are sh*t still. Student discount is the best discount overall since you get a massive discount off of the extended warranty. From when the random student discount is better than staff discount you know the company is tight.

Student discount isn't better, I get like £100 off a £1800 iMac

Imac discount is 12%. The reason I said it is better is whilst we get more of the machine's price off, we have to pay full price for warranty whereas students on the same day get 75%. We pay close enough to what students pay for everything on discount. If you can't see why it's better to get student discount I don't know what to say to you brother.

Fair dues. I guess it works out more cost effective when you get extended warranty. But you do get that one 27% off. Is that once a year?

My bredrin who works at Clarks gets one 70% off a year then 30% off the rest, that's decent if you wear them shoes I guess. I remember when I used to work for Blockbuster it would be 20% off most, then 15% off games, then 5% off consoles, no discount allowed on sale items - they really didn't give a sh*t about employees, especially considering the fact that most their prices were higher than Play.com anyway.

Guest Esquilax

A question for people wanting to get into finance/ accounting

Do you see it more as a waste of talent NOT to go into that field and earn lotsa money or do you have a genuine passion for numbers n that

I know I'm simplifying it, just the idea of it being something you really want to do is a bit foreign to me

For me, the only sense of enjoyment I do obtain from working with numbers is knowing that when I have done it well that I can now open up other opportunities, acquire things I previously cannot and make moves that will benefit myself and those around me. It's a personal sort of pleasure. So partially that fuels it but it is also for me largely about the money and the fact that it's a skill that I can use anywhere, which equals further monies.