Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

has anyone got a really good retail cv template or covering letter?
You dont need a covering letter, or a really good cv for retail.Retail although a pretty trivial job is one of the hardest to get coz so many people want them.Just go to as many places as possible.I shotgunned my CV and went in store to almost every clothes shop on oxford street and regent street.1 called me to tell me I hadn't got the job.1 said they hired the other person.i went back to the second place a month later, kept ringing.And the woman gave me the job.I;dimagine its much worse at the moment aswell.

Boy, going to start applying for jobs in London. Hopefully I can get one Finance Officer job I am going to apply for in over the next few days.Going to need to blag but hopefully that can't be too difficult. Anyone have any idea about working as a finance officer in regards to whether or not experience is needed? I can't help but feel that it, like a large number fo jobs don't need experience but instead can be taught on the job but they are just saying experience to be extra.

lol at not having a "white" voice in 08 fam,
:lol: u know!
Gonna be adding Woolworths to my CV now seeing as they're going bust. :Y:
Sick idea *adds to own cv*
Are companies even hiring part time in 09???filled out a bag of applications ain't heard sh*t, normally when it takes me a couple of weeks and bang I would have an interview.seriously considering leaving my current job even without another job lined up.
Ahhhh. im soo tempted to do this right now ... Actually would be happy not being at my workplace nomore .. but sametime having no money coming in = problems Hmmm

i did this except its my only proper work experience on my cv so i dunno what to put for referencei put 'reference available upon request' on my cv and one place is askin for reference contact, i dunno if i should say i dont have a number to contact my "boss" or give a mob. number of a friend and get them to pretend, or give a mobile number i know wont be answered. what u reckon is the best thing 2 do?

i did this except its my only proper work experience on my cv so i dunno what to put for referencei put 'reference available upon request' on my cv and one place is askin for reference contact, i dunno if i should say i dont have a number to contact my "boss" or give a mob. number of a friend and get them to pretend, or give a mobile number i know wont be answered. what u reckon is the best thing 2 do?
Give a number of someone you know that can speak we ll enough to seem like they had some authority at the fake job. Do not get one of your boys that says a slang word every 5 words. Best thing IMO to do is get a female in your family to do it.Just make sure they know the ins and outs of what you have said on your CV. Not about basically getting the job only for your reference to destroy everything you have told the employer.

Give a number of someone you know that can speak we ll enough to seem like they had some authority at the fake job. Do not get one of your boys that says a slang word every 5 words. Best thing IMO to do is get a female in your family to do it.Just make sure they know the ins and outs of what you have said on your CV. Not about basically getting the job only for your reference to destroy everything you have told the employer.
thnks for the reply. this is actually the option i dont wnna resort to. normally i would do this but this employer is a Muslim friend of my mums (they met after i gave in my cv and arent good enough friends for bring ins, she also dont know that im my mums son) so if i do this and get clocked i will embarrass my mum. ive gassed so much too lol so i could get found out its a sick job though.how often do employers normally ask for reference ?? i mean i wanna no if its likely they will hire without reference, cos i think im gonna say i got my boss' number but its out of use or something like that,

thnks for the reply. this is actually the option i dont wnna resort to. normally i would do this but this employer is a Muslim friend of my mums (they met after i gave in my cv and arent good enough friends for bring ins, she also dont know that im my mums son) so if i do this and get clocked i will embarrass my mum. ive gassed so much too lol so i could get found out its a sick job though.how often do employers normally ask for reference ?? i mean i wanna no if its likely they will hire without reference, cos i think im gonna say i got my boss' number but its out of use or something like that,
Most of the time they're not gonna call or chase up your references, but give a pal's number and warn him to expect a call within the next couple of weeks. Or if you don't trust anybody to do it then list an old mobile number and be your own referee. They probably won't call though.Bare people gas on their CVs, just make sure you remember what you said on it if you get an interview

I need to get a job. I actually desperately need to get a job before I finish uni. I need to return to London and know that I can actually go and earn some money within 2 weeks of returning.And this experience thing is long. Everywhere asks for experience, but you can't get any because they are asking for experience.

When I was in uni I interned during the holidays of each academic year.Held me in good stead when it came to applying for jobs when I graduated. Its really up to you tbh. You have to put yorself out there cause your competing against those silver spoon kids who are given SICK placements each and every year.

Most of the time they're not gonna call or chase up your references, but give a pal's number and warn him to expect a call within the next couple of weeks. Or if you don't trust anybody to do it then list an old mobile number and be your own referee. They probably won't call though.Bare people gas on their CVs, just make sure you remember what you said on it if you get an interview
Thats gas^^^....If ur getting screened then ur f*cked, i dunno wot job ur goin for but believe me if its anything to do with confidential information they will look at everything within the past 5 years,,,,,,

I need to get a job. I actually desperately need to get a job before I finish uni. I need to return to London and know that I can actually go and earn some money within 2 weeks of returning.And this experience thing is long. Everywhere asks for experience, but you can't get any because they are asking for experience.
its a long shot at this time of year but i would jus get on milk round and sift through the graduate schemes, cos they are the only ones who know u havnt got any experiencei know that around September last year Deloitte was still beggin for graduates through milkround and that, if youve joined these jobsites dont ignore the repeat emails cos chances are they are places availableone girl from manny got a job with Deloitte pretty quick, did u apply to the fastream thing that i showed you about?

Just be aware of their products, their aims etc.... I went into the interview knowing more about uniqlo than the interviwer himself :lol:. You need to know what you do in your role as a customer advisor, so replenishing stock, tidying clothes/rubbish, resolving queries/complaints etc...Have a decent example of a situtation where you worked in a group that highlighted the importance of teamwork, and an example of overcoming a difficult situation etc... I think they're mainly interested in what you know about the store (uniqlo or anywhere else). Always good to talk about your interests in the past and future collaborations/campaigns.Practically every job always asks what you have to offer... just improvise. Quick learner/ability to set and reach goals.

its a long shot at this time of year but i would jus get on milk round and sift through the graduate schemes, cos they are the only ones who know u havnt got any experiencei know that around September last year Deloitte was still beggin for graduates through milkround and that, if youve joined these jobsites dont ignore the repeat emails cos chances are they are places availableone girl from manny got a job with Deloitte pretty quick, did u apply to the fastream thing that i showed you about?
What fast stream thing?And I'm sure plenty of graduate schemes are closed for applications now. Was contemplating applying for the 2010 starts in September but I don;t know. May just do a qualification instead part time. Right now, that's where my mind is set on going.