Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

Are companies even hiring part time in 09???filled out a bag of applications ain't heard sh*t, normally when it takes me a couple of weeks and bang I would have an interview.seriously considering leaving my current job even without another job lined up.
Not a good time at all...was a time this was very easily done....but now i been unemployed since november...Hardly had any interviews and my CV is sick....I've had to start my own business cos i can see its gonna get worse before it gets better...Anyone need a pc fixed...My rates are very reasonable!

I Have to go to peterborough or bham for this long awaited thomas cook asessment day, i thought they had forgotton about me tbh cos they never got back to me with dates, they just sent a letter sayin we will be in touch and that was like 4 weeks ago.finally heard back from then this morning in an email giving me the 16th /17th as dates for peterborough and the dates for bham is in late febtakes the fcukin piss that there are no other closer locations than bleedin bham and peterborough.ive already booked a holiday to july now as well, so i dunno what to do as this job will be workin as an airport transfer person this summer. ffs

I Have to go to peterborough or bham for this long awaited thomas cook asessment day, i thought they had forgotton about me tbh cos they never got back to me with dates, they just sent a letter sayin we will be in touch and that was like 4 weeks ago.finally heard back from then this morning in an email giving me the 16th /17th as dates for peterborough and the dates for bham is in late febtakes the fcukin piss that there are no other closer locations than bleedin bham and peterborough.ive already booked a holiday to july now as well, so i dunno what to do as this job will be workin as an airport transfer person this summer. ffs
I know someone that works in TC/ Peterborough. what job u applying for?

i wanna work in a bank part time just as a cashier how hard is it to get this job also for part time jobs is it really likely they check up to see if your cv is true cos im gonna lie about previous jobs and also a level courses and grades
I know a gile who does the bank thing and I'm sure she has no financial background whatsoever.I think as long as your CB is clear and the manager has no racist tendencies you're bless.

I know someone that works in TC/ Peterborough. what job u applying for?
overseas rep, transfer rep or some other kind of rep job, its like take ur pick but id rather be a transfer rep, u know the person who meets u at the airport, gets you on the coach back to the resort etc.i chose birmingham as the destination as the peterbrough assessments were last week, birmingham is next week, cant even be arsed driving there, its a mission.i have to do some gay presentation about a holiday destination and try and sell it to them and do some other role play sh*t. I might just swerve going all together , chuffed i got past the application round tbh but im having my doubts about the job. ive emailed the recruitment team this morning asking questions.you have the assessment in the morning, if u past that stage, u stay for a one on one interview etc.

In general how good is reed for finding jobs? I was told to contact any one of their specific offices and sign up with them that way, then they would help me find something instead of using the online search route which people have said aint too good. But when I rang up one of their offices they basically told me to piss off and do it myself (well they told me to just use the online stuff myself which basically means the same thing just in more polite terms really). Which brings me to my next question, which has probably been asked already in one of the 35 pages of this thread but...which of the job search sites are best?

In general how good is reed for finding jobs? I was told to contact any one of their specific offices and sign up with them that way, then they would help me find something instead of using the online search route which people have said aint too good. But when I rang up one of their offices they basically told me to piss off and do it myself (well they told me to just use the online stuff myself which basically means the same thing just in more polite terms really). Which brings me to my next question, which has probably been asked already in one of the 35 pages of this thread but...which of the job search sites are best?
They are all sh*t unless you are looking for full time careers tbh.Its just a hand out CV, newspaper ads, ask for bring thru ting tee-bee-aich-aich.

When I was in my last 3.4 months of uni I sent out letters to all the companies who's work I liked (production houses, advertising agencies etc), like 25/30 letters in total. Within a fortnight I had 4 interviews, went to my first interview, got the job, started the next day (doing 2 days a week, then started full time the day after I handed in my dissertation).My advice - do your research - write personalised letters, don't even attach your CV (I didn't) they will come to you for it if they are considering you.

When I was in my last 3.4 months of uni I sent out letters to all the companies who's work I liked (production houses, advertising agencies etc), like 25/30 letters in total. Within a fortnight I had 4 interviews, went to my first interview, got the job, started the next day (doing 2 days a week, then started full time the day after I handed in my dissertation).My advice - do your research - write personalised letters, don't even attach your CV (I didn't) they will come to you for it if they are considering you.
how long was the letter

Guest Lemons
what do you work as again lemons?
I'm on an account team at an advertising agency (BBH, Johnnie walker account).
how long was the letter
About 6/7 lines. I'll find a copy when I go home and put it on here.

how long was the letter
Please do. I would be very grateful :)

how long was the letter
Please do. I would be very grateful :)