Carling Cup Round 3

Guest Medic

Tuesday, 23 September 2008Arsenal v Sheff Utd, R3, 19:45Burnley v Fulham, R3, 19:45Leeds v Hartlepool, R3, 19:45Liverpool v Crewe, R3, 20:00Man Utd v Middlesbrough, R3, 20:00Rotherham v Southampton, R3, 19:45Stoke v Reading, R3, 19:45Sunderland v Northampton, R3, 19:45Swansea v Cardiff, R3, 19:45Watford v West Ham, R3, 19:45Wednesday, 24 September 2008Aston Villa v QPR, R3, 19:45Blackburn v Everton, R3, 20:00Brighton v Man City, R2, 19:45Ipswich v Wigan, R3, 19:45Newcastle v Tottenham, R3, 19:45Portsmouth v Chelsea, R3, 19:45

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we will struggle against qprbig rest for our first teamers who played 3 games in 5 and a half days all awayand then milner is cup tied to who would be one to come infriedel,gardner, cuellar, knight, shoreyroutledge, petrov, osbourne, salifou,harewood, delfounesowe could see, maybe even guzan in goal

Time for benitez to give a chance to the kids and others who aint featured this season...My Team would be...CavalieriDarby(Or Degen) Hyypia Agger InsuaEl Zhar Plessis Lucas Pachero Ngog Nemeth
u mean pacheco i would play a similar team to that tho. pacheco needs to play, too sick for his age. and i dno if nemeth is back from his injury yet but if he plays i expect him to play well.

Time for benitez to give a chance to the kids and others who aint featured this season...My Team would be...CavalieriDarby(Or Degen) Hyypia Agger InsuaEl Zhar Plessis Lucas Pachero Ngog Nemeth
u mean pacheco i would play a similar team to that tho. pacheco needs to play, too sick for his age. and i dno if nemeth is back from his injury yet but if he plays i expect him to play well.
EDIT* My bad...Pacheco needs to play imo... Behind the strikers too... His passing vision for a 17 year old is alot...

EDIT* My bad...Pacheco needs to play imo... Behind the strikers too... His passing vision for a 17 year old is alot...
true, was playin so well in pre season, the vision for the through balls was mad and his first touch is crazy. i think maybe he should even play as a second striker and have lucas just behind the 2 strikers. if nemeth is still injured thats the kinda team i wanna see out.

true, was playin so well in pre season, the vision for the through balls was mad and his first touch is crazy. i think maybe he should even play as a second striker and have lucas just behind the 2 strikers. if nemeth is still injured thats the kinda team i wanna see out.
Yhh i remember in pre season when we were in Switzerland Lucas and Pacheco were playin quite well with each other... Hopefully Benitez plays a young team and we can win, but then again if we loose and he plays a young team i wont be too pissed off...

manucho might get his debut tonight, injured but in the squadronaldo should play as well as anderson fabio is injured rafael starts welbeck uptopwill be an exciting side however boro will do us, they usually do well against our first team so our 3rd team they should beat

22/09/2008 13:56, Report by Ben HibbsBoss to give youth a chanceSir Alex Ferguson will use Tuesday’s Carling Cup third round tie with Middlesbrough to test some his returning first-team stars and blood several youngsters. But it’s not just experimental – the boss is intent on winning.Attentions turn to the Carling Cup after Sunday's valuable Premier League point against Chelsea. And Sir Alex is keen to do better than United’s exit at the hands of Coventry City at the same stage of the competition last season."My team will involve changes,” he told United Review. "There will be a mix of youth and experience.""It's important that I give players coming back from injury some pitch time. The likes of Owen Hargreaves, Ji-sung Park, Nani, Anderson and Cristiano Ronaldo all need games and they could be involved either in the starting line-up or on the bench.”There will also be opportunities for United’s young guns, a host of rising starlets keen to cut their teeth in a competition renowned for giving youth its first chance to shine."I also have it in mind to look to youngsters like Jonny Evans, Darron Gibson, Danny Welbeck and Rafael, though unfortunately not his twin brother Fabio, he has a shoulder injury and is having an operation."I’m disappointed that Manucho hasn't recovered completely from a metatarsal injury, this would have been a good opportunity to look at him and Welbeck in combination. Nevertheless, my team will add up to a strong side capable of winning."

FAO Rafa:I expect to see FT and Keane to play. They both need match practice
:mellow:Why would he do that with the derby coming up this weekend?
:mellow:LOL @ Playing a guy who is not fit enough in one of our biggest games of the seasonWhy would he rest a player who needs to gain match fitness?Why would he not play them seeing as the game is 4 days away? (more than enough time to recover.. Like Gerrard said.. "top players only need 2-3 days to recover")Why would he not play them seeing as this game will be potentially a "walk in the park"?Maybe not Keane but FT needs match practice. EVERYONE CAN SEE THIS from his performances recentlyHoping to see him and Keane play for 60mins

FAO Rafa:I expect to see FT and Keane to play. They both need match practice
:mellow:Why would he do that with the derby coming up this weekend?
:mellow:LOL @ Playing a guy who is not fit enough in one of our biggest games of the seasonWhy would he rest a player who needs to gain match fitness?Why would he not play them seeing as the game is 4 days away? (more than enough time to recover.. Like Gerrard said.. "top players only need 2-3 days to recover")Why would he not play them seeing as this game will be potentially a "walk in the park"?Maybe not Keane but FT needs match practice. EVERYONE CAN SEE THIS from his performances recentlyHoping to see him and Keane play for 60mins
Gerrard saying it doesn't mean its true, Mascherano was visibly fatigued against Marseille after playing against Man Utd the previous weekend.Everton awayPSV homeMan City awayWigan homeAtletico awayChelsea awayThose are our fixtures for the next 4 weeks and all of them are massive, a game against Crewe is non existent on the list of priorities so if he was to rest both of them I'd fully understand and back his decision.

Crewe are not Utd. The match will be at a slower/controlled pace.. FT wont be as effective as he can be for us in them run of games if he cant play with full fitnessThe only way to gain the match fitness is to play in the games, training wont give you that edge, everyone who has played football will know thisIm not saying 1 match will make him fit again but it will help A LOT seeing as it will be a match controlled by Liverpool so he wont have to work as hard as he usually does and he will get chances (as long as he dont get injured)Keane on the other hand is fit but just some hyperactive Ted on the pitch with 1 in 3 shots being air shots. Needs goals to build confidence