G1 Phone

pound4pound

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

handset is good. very responsive.applications are decent but no REAL astounding ones yet (not to say some aren't great).CUPCAKE UPDATE coming soon- T-mobile is just waiting on the right moment/being cunts!Design is poor/phone is kinda big and fugly.If you can get over that then get one.Or just wait for the 2nd generation. Android platform is gonna see some big developments this year, just need the other manufacturers to start dropping the handsets and the buzz to pickup

i looked in detail at the main touchscreen smartphones: iphone, htc touch hd, blackberry storm and tmobile g1htc touch hd seems to be the best designed hardware but the contracts available are sh*tiphone is perhaps the best but apple lock their sh*t down heavily and i dont like thatblackberry is a bit pie tbh the way you have to click the screen when you touch it...video playback is amazing thog1 has its faults...hardware isnt amazing, they rushed the release so bare stuff missing on the software side, but full querty keyboard, open source operating system (free apps) and a good deal on tmobile (flext30 with free unlimited internet) so overall it seemed like the best deal

^^^Not even a replacement thing tbh.Google don't care how many android phones there are...as long as their OS is getting exposure.They always planned manufacturers flooding the market.

swere theres a G2 coming out soon says alot really
htc "sapphire"?still no confirmation tho. looks slick but no keyboard...

• 3 weeks later...
OTA update rolling out nationwide from the 9th-17th.should include some parts of the cupcake update but no official word...yet.
isit?coolbeen wondering when this will drop
You know what...it ain't happening!they're doing an update but I don't think its not gonna be the "cupcake" everyone has been waiting for anymore. What I'm hearing is that its gonna support googlecheckout aswell as new applications for media and office documents.But the details dropped the other day mentioned nothing of the main features of cupcake...here's to hoping tho

what is this cupcake you talk about???trust me bitch's love the phonewhen u flick it out and they c the keyboard they go nuts:lol:
basically all the faults of the phone (except design :lol:) are updatedmain functions off the dome are:-video camera-improved web (squirrelfish)-stereo bluetooth support-on-screen keyboard

what is this cupcake you talk about???trust me bitch's love the phonewhen u flick it out and they c the keyboard they go nuts:lol:
basically all the faults of the phone (except design :lol:) are updatedmain functions off the dome are:-video camera-improved web (squirrelfish)-stereo bluetooth support-on-screen keyboard
big news

They gonna release a less chunky version of it come april or something so hold out for that.