Trading - Spread Betting - Stocks - Shares

VENI VIDI VICI

Trust programming 

look at it as hollywood matter of fact they make more money than hollywood p is good

if you know what you are doing and make a start up in a specific field you could make a killing

I can do basic programming visual basic stuff I learnt years ago should of stayed at it  

Bro you're posting jobs that no doubt involve years/hours of bespoke experience i.e. for people who know a given programming language inside out. Are you that naive?

lol you're right - I do apologise to the dons out there that thought they could start applying for di £400 a day just because

you would need to learn to program first

do it for about 2-3 years

and then you can apply for di 100k a year job. 

my bad Mario...  :|

Guest chap44uns

martinez has spoke no word of a lie

but its not for everyone though

i personally found it f*cking boring to learn thus realising it is not my lane in di life

• Upvote 1

Full time developer here.

Yes you can make lots of p contracting, especially in the south east.

You do need to start somewhere though. You will need to take a junior developer job first earning about 24k first for about a year to get some experience.

I've done it since I graduated. I enjoy it and there's lots of work out there. I'm not freelance now but I'm planning on giving it a go in a few months once I've been at my current place for a year

lots of work doesn't even cover it

imagine in 5 years time

your fucking toilet's going to need programming

tell your kids, sisters, cousins, nephews

i guess I'm naive in the sense that i'm of the opinion if you can use a computer, you can become a developer. there's a myriad of levels, and expertise and if you learn it - you will get a job.

you're missing the point

some of the biggest companies use php - facebook built on php

some of the best developers in the world will tell you php is crap, stay away

the most talented developer i know has chosen to build his backend using python. he has his reasons, some of which are strange.

all of that has nothing to do with anything that's being discussed here

yet still - "most companies are moving away from rails" is a pretty absurd thing to say nontheless

Calm down.

No one is missing the point.

You're showing people nice earnings and recommending them learn Rails where they'd need 2 years min experience to consider being accepted for such jobs.

Twitter (which was arguably biggest Rails app) has moved to Java/Scala. I'm being told by industry heads that other companies are moving away from it - which is something people who might want to learn it should take note of - to prepare for the future if they're working their way towards jobs that might not be there in a few years.

I'm not saying "lol don't listen to Carlos, Rails is dying so no point in learning how to program" - I'm just giving people something to consider.

and while we're throwing in random points - Facebook uses Hiphop which converts PHP to C++ (so the language/programmers are PHP, while it really runs on C++) for the frontend, the back-end is Java.

You are missing the point

ruby or python are prob the easiest ways to start

regardless of what twitter/facebook use

regardless of what other big-time 'hollywood' companies are doing

2-3 6 10 years down the line

ruby and python will probably still be the best places to start

you're trying to give the impression that if someone invested their time in learning any of the above, their time might have gone to waste because of the hearsay you've posted above

also sticking with the randomness... facebook created hiphop for the precise reason i mentioned..

..and twitter's move was based on their needs for performance which are not necessarily shared by 99% of the websites out there. nothing to do with the popularity of ruby/rails and is neither a statement of what's in store for the beloved framework. 

"I've been told by people I work with that most companies have been moving away from Rails btw."

Im sorry but if anyone says "I've been told by [no one specific or credible]..." and you go and apply what follows to your life without having thought/researched about it then that's stupid. I gave a point that should be considered.

And "ruby and python are prob the best ways to start" is arguable.

lol browski

look at the last thing you wrote

that's my whole point

it's all arguable

the fact your colleagues said "most companies are doing this" is absurd

because everyone is doing their own thing. everything is arguable and imo it's pointless trying to work these bits out specially at these stages.

I've very happy to admit that i'm a baby in this world. you probably have more experience it in than I do. BUT

if i've ever heard them man agree on something, is that Python and Ruby are the way to learn OOP.  In my experience, I would also agree. Both ease you into the world of thinking like a robot, which is what development is essentially about.

Work through those concepts alongside html,css,js and you'll be in a very good position to land your first job and from there, you can go as far as you want. The premise that it would have all gone to waste because of the preferences and politics of the biggest companies in the world is just wrong.

Fack I still make a coulpe bills a month designing flash banners for IT Sec companies...

Imagine trying to suggest a flash banner in Old Street...

like I said a ridiculous amount of levels out there, and there's room for everyone.

Lol at learning a language in 3 months. Not happening

• Upvote 1

Ok so assuming it takes 2-3 years to master one programming language (which is highly unlikely)

then how many years will it take to master the 5 main programming languages in use today?

Unless niggas have degrees in this sh*t, it's wishful thinking. 

Ignore this please people. You can do whatever the fuck you want and put your mind to. 3 months of solid graft will get you at a standard whereby you can get a job in this industry.

Lol at learning a language in 3 months. Not happening

See above.

Ok so assuming it takes 2-3 years to master one programming language (which is highly unlikely)

then how many years will it take to master the 5 main programming languages in use today?

Unless niggas have degrees in this sh*t, it's wishful thinking. 

Ignore this please people. You can do whatever the f*ck you want and put your mind to. 3 months of solid graft will get you at a standard whereby you can get a job in this industry.

>>Lol at learning a language in 3 months. Not happening

See above.

Bro, I'm all for strong mindset, and generally agree with your opening line. But unless you have extremely high level help and a complete knack for programming, learning it completely in three months is nothing short of impossible. Part of achieving whatever you set your mind to is about setting SMART targets.

Anyone who thinks otherwise, well good luck, and I'll see you when you are making £500 per hour.

(f*cking dummy)